Some time ago, a friend of mine who had just gotten a new apple watch asked if his Xfinity mobile could be synced with his smartwatch and after a short fumble with the configurations, we eventually figured it out. This is why I thought about sharing my findings with you all on how to pair Xfinity mobile apple watch.
Activate Xfinity Mobile Apple Watch
Due to the complexity in the synchronization, most people often give up earlier and attribute it to Apple’s firm seclusion from other devices, unlike the Android platform. But with the Xfinity mobile apple watch connection, it is different.
The synchronization of both devices is possible whether you are using a new Apple watch or an old one.
It requires a line to activate on the Xfinity Mobile account. But they are some other factors to consider before activating Xfinity mobile apple watch.
- First, you think about the lengthy-time of about 90 minutes that would be spent on the setup process.
- Its requirement of Bluetooth connectivity.
- App downloads on the App store
- And finally, the online setup.
The operating system that you are using might influence these factors, however. Often, the time used will vary on the model and operating system, its difference with that of your Apple Watch. Thus, you should ensure you update your OS to the latest software on both your iPhone and your Apple Watch.
Also, during the setup process of before activating Xfinity mobile apple watch, you might choose to install all available apps, this can factor in time extension. If you prefer, you can manage app installation after setup: Other requirements as provided by Xfinity will be shared with you below.
Apple iPhone 6s or later. (iPhones SE, 7, 7+, 7S, 7S+, 8, X, Xs, XR, XsMax, 11, 11Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12Pro, 12 Mini, 12 Pro Max, 13 Series)
- Make sure your Bluetooth setting is turned on.
- Turn on your Wi-Fi gateway connection.
An Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series SE (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS + Cellular), Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular), or Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular).
The watchOS 8 requires an apple operating system of iOS 15 or later. that said, depending on the iPhone, the features vary, i.e. an iPhone 6s cannot possess the same qualities as an iPhone 13Pro.
However, Xfinity mobile does not support Family Mode on Apple watch.
Watch Plugged in (Charging)
Ensure your smartwatch is plugged in while you proceed with this configuration.
How to Pair your Device
with your Bluetooth connection, pair your SmartWatch and your Apple iPhone together, also keep them close to each other during the pairing process of Xfinity mobile apple watch and also when synchronization.
- To do this, follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Make sure your data and Bluetooth connection remain active.
- Select “Start Pairing”.
- Place your iPhone over the watch and you will get the confirmation “Your Apple Watch is Paired.”
- For a new watch setup, select “Set Up as New Apple Watch.” For an existing watch, select “Restore from Backup” and follow the onscreen steps.
- You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID and password, so do as prompted.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process. Your devices will let you know when this is complete.
After pairing your iPhone with your smartwatch, tap “OK” to proceed.
I must reiterate that you should have a Watch OS8 or later on your smart Watch before activating Xfinity mobile apple watch.
If you do not, update and restart. Ensure your smartwatch is plugged in and has charged at least 50%. Keep them close to your router and themselves. And lastly, keep your Xfinity Mobile biodata closely.
After this, then you can proceed with the next steps, follow the on-screen prompts of four steps to complete the cellular setup to finish cellular activation.
Click on “Cellular” OR “Set Up Cellular” to begin activation.
The first prompt of this process is to click “Get Started.” To get basic information. Fill appropriately to activate Xfinity mobile apple watch.
Accept Terms & Conditions
Here is the part that you would like that skimming. But if you are weird and prefer to read it, review the terms and conditions for your Apple Watch plan, then click “Accept” to continue.
Provide Emergency Address
You must provide a valid address for Apple to contact you during an emergency. After inputting an address, click “Save Address” to continue.
This stage could take a few minutes. Please stay on screen while the activation proceeds till it completes. If you close it early, the whole set-up could fail and that would be frustrating, would it not? After the activation, you will receive a notification on your Apple smart Watch.
Conclusion on Xfinity Mobile Apple Watch
If you try these simple guaranteed steps of Xfinity mobile apple watch pairing and it still fails repeatedly, be sure to contact Xfinity with screenshots of the error response.
That said, this is highly unlikely to fail, as it is 95% activated from your end and the other 5% can be unforeseen circumstances that might come from either Apple or Xfinity. But not to rule it out, sometimes things do not happen the way we want them.
Just make sure again that:
- It is a Bluetooth connection, ensure the phone is paired.
- Both the phone line and the watch must have Xfinity Mobile. i.e. both must be on the same account.
- Confirm if the smartwatch is not still active with another carrier if it was not brand new.
- Update both the iPhone and iWatch to the latest software updates.
- Log in to the Xfinity Mobile app with your Xfinity ID.
- Both the iWatch and iPhone must be linked to the same Apple ID
- Contact the Xfinity helpdesk to confirm if you can add another device to your account.
- Your home address must match that provided for your Comcast account home service. If not, try correcting that.
These eight steps should be used to ascertain that the error in activating Xfinity mobile apple watch is not from your end.