In this article, we will be showing you easy ways to activate Xumo TV on compatible streaming devices. Xumo TV is a free streaming service that provides both live and on-demand TV content without any trouble with a monthly subscription.
Xumo TV does not require setting up an account, and it provides more than 190 channels of live streaming content and a collection of movies and television shows available on demand. Xumo TV can also be downloaded as an app on both Android and iOS devices.
Xumo TV is available on many smart TVs in the name of “Channel Plus”. The streaming service is also available on Roku, FireTV, Apple TV, Chromecast, etc. You can also stream Xumo TV on your desktop or laptop, Android devices, iPhones, and iPads.
A phone and tablet Xumo app is available on both the Apple App Store (for iOS devices) and the Google Play Store (for Android devices). Follow through this article to get the necessary information needed to activate Xumo TV on your preferred streaming device. However, in case you come across any difficulties while trying to activate Xumo TV, you can try out the troubleshooting tips stated below in this post.
Compatible Streaming Devices on Xumo TV
Do you want to watch Xumo TV on traditional television? If yes, then you will likely need to access it via an external streaming device. Xumo is available on the following streaming devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV Boxes and Smart Android TVs
Features of Xumo TV
Here are the common features of the Xumo TV you should know:
- Xumo TV does not require any sign-up process. Now when everyone seems to have a username and password, Xumo does not require either to watch its content.
- Xumo has a large collection of Live TV channels and On-demand content including so many interesting movies
- It’s possible to sort and filter content in different well-known and common categories like Comedy, Entertainment, Most Popular, News, TV & Movies, Lifestyle, Fashion, Sports, and much more.
- The Xumo app features many well-known channels including Fox Sports, Today, Newsy, Bloomberg, TIME, NBC News, USA Today, CBSN, and many more
- Xumo TV is free and a hundred percent legal service.
- Xumo TV streams content in Full HD quality
- This streaming service also has an official addon for Kodi called Xumo. TV
- Xumo is a good app, but one of its limitations is that the app doesn’t stay on the home screen for long. It begins auto-playing the last selected TV channel or movie. This could be frustrating!
- The streaming service is ad-supported. You can always see regular commercials during playback. However, since everything on Xumo is free, the service is paid for by the ads.
- The popular movies usually watched on Xumo TV include Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, Our Purpose & Approach, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, High Desert Way, Immigration Battle, and much more.
- Since Xumo is free, you might probably want to try it out to see if it’s your spec of the streaming content mix. However, with a growing number of free streaming services available, Xumo has some solid competition in services like Tubi TV and Pluto TV.
How to Activate Xumo TV on your Roku
You can activate Xumo TV on your Roku device by the following step below:
- Set up your Roku device.
- Ensure the device is updated if any updates are available.
- Immediately you download the software and start the device again, all the changes will be saved and your device will be updated.
- Go to the search bar or use the search button on your remote or use the voice command to search for the Xumo app.
- After you find Xumo from the search results, tap on the Add channel tab.
- Wait for a few seconds to allow the download to begin.
- The speed of the download depends greatly on your internet connection speed.
- Installation of the app usually takes about a minute as the channel is not heavy.
- After the Xumo channel has been installed, simply navigate to the home screen and set up the channel.
- Immediately you open the channel, different contents will start loading up. The more you watch more and more content on the channel, the suggestions displayed will tune according to your history.
- Now, you can start streaming your favorite show without any hassle.
How to Activate Xumo TV on Firestick
Follow the steps below to activate Xumo TV on your Firestick device:
- Set up your Firestick TV.
- Ensure you have chosen the correct input in case you don’t see the amazon logo on your screen.
- After launching your device, search for any updates for your device.
- Your device will work effectively only when the software is updated.
- Go to the App Store Available on the platform.
- Type in Xumo TV on the search bar.
- You can also use the voice-controlled remote, to search for Xumo TV.
- Immediately you find the channel, open it and click the download button.
- The download speed depends entirely on your internet speed, but it should not take more than a couple of minutes as the application is not heavy.
- Once the download process is complete, go back to your Home screen.
- Now you will see the Xumo TV among otherchannels available on the list.
- All you need do is launch the channel to stream all the latest shows and breaking news.
How to Activate Xumo TV on Chromecast
Follow the steps below to activate Xumo TV on your Chromecast device:
- Install the Xumo TV app on your iPhone/iPad or Android Phone/Tablet.
- Ensure your streaming device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android Phone/Tablet or iPhone/iPad.
- Start by playing the content in the Xumo app and clicking on the Google Cast icon.
- Select your Google Chromecast and it will start showing on your streaming device.
- That’s it!
Activate Xumo TV on Apple TV
Follow the steps below to activate Xumo TV on your Apple TV:
- Set up your Apple TV.
- Go to the App store.
- You will find all the applications that are compatible with your TV in the App store.
- Using the search bar, enter Xumo TV on the App store.
- Select the Xumo TV channel from the search results.
- Click on the download button or the Add channel button.
- Wait for a few minutes to complete the download process.
- After downloading, navigate to the Home screen and you will find the channel on your list.
- Set up the channel and stream the content of your choice.
- You can also use this guide to view the program list on your Apple TV.
Activate Xumo TV on Android TV Boxes and Smart Android TVs
There are three types of Android TV devices, they are:
- Genuine Android TV Boxes that use true Android TV OS (Android modified for TV screens), such as Nvidia Shield, Mi Box
- Stock Android Boxes that use Android mobile OS
- Smart Android TVs with built-in Android TV OS
All these Android TV devices support the Google Play Store. Xumo is also available on the Play Store for all of them. Here are the easy installation steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Xumo app with the aid of the search bar.
- Follow the displayed on-screen instructions to install the Xumo app.
- Launch the Xumo TV app and start streaming.
- That’s it! You can have unlimited enjoyment.
How to Stream Xumo TV from a Smartphone
The majority of the smart TVs available now have the Chromecast service incorporated in them. So the casting process is quite easy. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Xumo TV app on your smartphone.
- In case you don’t have the application, simply download the application from the App Store or the Play store.
- Once you open the app, you can see the “Cast” icon on the right corner of the mobile application.
- Click on the icon to begin your casting process.
- Just make sure that both the devices are connected to the same wireless network.
Can’t Activate Xumo TV? Try these Fixes!
Are you trying to activate Xumo TV on your streaming devices and you are getting some error messages instead, try the following fixes below:
- Ensure to verify the Xumo TV channel activation steps.
- Check the device compatibility with the Xumo TV app and be sure it supports it.
- Ensure you have a reliable and fast internet network to activate Xumo TV on your streaming device.
- Select the compatible settings to restart your streaming device.
- Do not skip any of the channel activation steps.
- In case you have tried all the troubleshooting tips above and the errors remain, you can replace the streaming device you are using.
I hope this post has helped you in one way or the other to activate Xumo TV on your streaming devices? Let’s get your feedback in the comments section below if the troubleshooting tips listed above also solved the can’t activate Xumo TV issues. For a related article, click here to read more.