Sometimes, figuring out where the saved items in your phone are stored could be daunting. In some cases, it could be complicated if you are using an Andriod.
Depending on what you are looking for, there are different places you can check if you are trying to figure out the answer to “where do I find saved items on my phone“
Generally, when you download a video, image or app from your phone browser. You would find it in the download folder since that is the default setting for the browser you are suings.
But then, saving files on your device using third-party apps, like Facebook, WhatsApp and telegram will not be saved in the “download” folder for the most part.
While these apps come with their default settings on where files from the app go on your phone. There are ways to figure out where to find saved items without boring yourself.
Where do I find saved items on my phone (Andriod) Browser
If you’ve just downloaded a file using your browser and you are trying to figure out where it is saved on your phone here is how you can go about that
Follow the steps below
- Launch your File Manager app
- Go to the phone storage folder or the internal storage for your device
- Scroll down till you see the “download” folder. You can search for it if you have a long folder list
After doing that, you should be able to see the saved items on your phone. However, if you are not seeing it. Then you might need to check the download folder from the browsers.
How to check folder location from chrome browser.
Since chrome browser comes pre-installed with the majority of Andriod devices, let’s break down how you can detect where downloaded files are saved inside your device
- Launch your chrome browser
- Tap the three dots at the top right corner
- Locate and tap on “downloads”
- On the downloads window, tap on the “gear” icon at the top right corner of the screen
- Over here, you would see the download location and an option to “ask where to save files“
- You can click the download location to change where files from your chrome browser are saved, either to “internal memory” or “SD card” memory
Where to Find Saved Links on Phone (Andriod) Browser
You can save a link to a page on your browser or simply download the whole page. For both, they will be saved on the device in, the download folder.
But the difference is that you can open saved pages without data as compared to bookmarked links.
That being said, let’s delve into how you can view all the links you’ve saved to your bookmark by tapping the Star icon on the browser’s address bar.
- Launch Google Chrome
- Now, tap on the vertical icon with three dots on the top-right corner of the screen
- Locate and tap on “bookmark”
- Over here you will see the list of saved links
- To open any of the links, simply tap a bookmark
Where do I find saved items on my phone (iPhone) Browser
If you’ve just downloaded a file on your iPhone using your browser. In most cases, it is stored in the downloads folder unless you’ve changed the default storage location of your downloads.
That being said, here is how to locate it
- Locate and select the “files tab”
- Now, select the “Browse” tab at the bottom
- Next, tap “On My iPhone”
- On the next screen, you should see the “Download Folder”
- Simply tap and it and locate the file you are looking for
Where to Find Saved Images on Android Phone
Anytime you take an image on your device, it is usually saved in a folder called DCIM unless you change the default setting on your photo gallery app.
If you haven’t altered the default setting of your gallery app, here is how to locate saved images easily
- Launch your file manager app
- Go to internal Storage
- Tap on DCIM
- Now tap on Camera
- Depending on what type of image you saved, the first thing you have to do is get the date the image was captured eg “2022-08-21“
- Once you have that, you can use that as a guide to locate where the image is, inside the DCIM folder.
Where to Find Saved Facebook Images on my Phone
If you have Facebook installed on your device, any images that have been saved from Facebook will be stored directly inside your DCIM folder.
However, this might not be the same for other third-party apps like WhatsApp
Anyway, here is how to find images that are saved via Facebook
- Launch file manager on your device
- Now tap on Internal Storage
- Locate and tap on the DCIM folder.
- Over here you will see the “Facebook” folder which contains all the images saved from Facebook App
Instead of going through your file storage folder you can launch your gallery app, and locate the Facebook folder where all the images of all saved facebook images will be located
How to find saved items on my phone (WhatsApp)
Anytime someone sends an image or a video to you via WhatsApp. It directly gets saved to your device.
However, the location where these images are located is fairly different to Facebook.
If you are looking to figure it out, follow the steps below closely.
Where to find saved WhatsApp messages on your Phone
Must read: How to save images and videos on Whatsapp
For WhatsApp, the location where saved items are isn’t in the DCIM folder just like Facebook. It is outside it
That said, here is how to locate saved WhatsApp items
- Launch your file storage app
- Tap n “Internal Storage“
- Scroll till you see the “WhatsApp folder and tap on it
- over here simply tap on “media”
- Now scroll to “WhatsApp Images” and tap on it
- Over here you will see any images that have been saved via WhatsApp
How do I find saved items on my phone on a third-party app(short method)
For most third-party apps, like browsers, games, video editors etc. There are different places on your device you can check in case you can’t see an item you save on a third-party application
All you have to do here is locate the third-party app.
- Go to its settings”
- Now, tap on “storage” to locate where any saved files go on your phone.
If you are not able to access the setting on the third part app to figure out where saved files are being stored to on your phone here are some options you can try in locating the Items
How do I find saved items on my phone on a third-party app (Long Method)
- Launch your “File manager app“
- Now tap on phone storage
- Over here, Locate the name of the app. If you are not seeing it you can search for it.
- If there are no positive results, go to the “Android folder”
- Now, tap on “Data”
- Over here, simply scroll and locate the folder name and tap on it
- Now, you should be able to locate the item you saved on the third-party app.
- If you can’t find it there, then you should do these in the “external storage”
By now you should have figured out the answer to “How do I find saved items on my Phone”. Notwithstanding the type of smartphone, you are using the process is fairly easy
But, if you are having any challenges with it. Feel free to drop our comments below.