You may be curious to know how long does ring keep videos especially when you are contemplating if you should subscribe to the Ring protect plan or not.
Finding out how long does ring keep videos often depends on location and if you are a premium subscriber. You can adjust how long a ring video can be stored on your account from the settings. Also, only premium users can store Ring videos for a longer time.
We would now briefly discuss how long ring keeps videos and how you can save Ring videos for free.
How Long Does Ring Keep Videos
So, how long does a ring keep videos? The default storage period often varies and this depends on your location. The video storage period can be adjusted in the Ring App or on the Ring website from 1 day to 180 days.
The default video storage time is 30 days in the UK and EU. While the default video storage time is 60 days in the United States, Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia.
You can record, store and save Ring videos for up to 180 days maximum in the United State. From the initial recording date, a video can remain in your account for up to 180 days or as little as 1 day.
Follow these steps, if you would like to change video storage time from the Ring app:
- Open the Ring app.
- Navigate to the menu.
- Choose the control centre.
- Choose video management and video storage time.
- Now select Edit and select a video storage option. This may differ by location.
Follow these steps, if you would like to change video storage time from a web browser:
- Type Ring.com into your browser.
- Then log in to your account on the website.
- Navigate to Account > Control Center.
- Then choose video management, then choose video storage time.
- Now Choose Edit and select a video storage option. This will differ depending on the country.
Ring Videos Older Than 60 Days
Ring videos that are more than 60 days are automatically deleted. But if you have adjusted the video storage time, they can be stored longer but not more than 180 days. Once the storage date has elapsed, the videos will be automatically deleted.
Recommended: How to Turn Off Ring Camera without App 
How Can I See Old Videos on My Ring
You can access your old Ring videos depending on how you access your Ring account. You can see your old videos either through the history page on Ring.com or through the history section on the Ring mobile app.
Do Ring Doorbells Record All The Time
The Ring camera does not record your videos unless you have a Ring protection plan. If you purchased a Ring protect plan, your Ring camera will record and store videos when motion is detected.
Whenever you want the Ring doorbell to record a video, Press the video doorbell button or initiate a live video stream.
How to Save Ring Doorbell Video Without Subscription
how long does ring keep videos, if you don’t have a Ring Protect subscription plan, you can save a video while the live event occurs by posting the video to the neighbours’ app. This way such a video will become publicly available on the internet.
Where Are Ring Videos Stored
Your Ring videos are stored in the cloud and can not be stored not longer than 180 days. If you decide to adjust your video storage time, it will only affect the videos that you record after you adjust the storage time settings.
Does Ring Only Record When Motion is Detected
Your Ring camera records and stores videos when it detects motion or when linked devices such as an alarm system motion detected. If you want to record a video, you can press the video doorbell or use live view to stream real-time video on the Ring app or a web browser.
How to Download Ring Videos
With the Ring App, you can download one video at a time, while you can download up to 50 videos at once on Ring.com from the web browser.
- Log in to your Ring account.
- Go to History, then pick the video(s) you would like to download or share.
- Share a video – choose share and pick a destination.
- Download a video: Select download.
- To download up to 50 videos at once.
- Go to your Event History and select Manage.
Favourite video: Select the star icon star.
If you would like to download a Ring video from a web browser, follow these steps:
- Log into your Ring account on your mobile device.
- Now navigate to history and choose to manage edit
- Next, pick the video you would like to save and choose download.
- You will be prompted to re-enter your password.
- The video will now be automatically downloaded to your computer as a zip file. You can unzip each mp4 file, and you can individually open or view each file.
If you would like to download videos from the Ring app, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the menu, then choose history event.
- Then select the video you would like to share and click more.
- Choose share then download, a pop-up screen will now be displayed on your device.
- Once the video has now downloaded, you would be able to view it in the image of your mobile device.
- The videos will be available in the files app on your Android device and the videos will be available in your iCloud or Photos album on your Apple devices.
Marking a video as a favourite, allows you to organize videos and also find important videos faster. When you mark a video as a favourite differs from when you download a video. Favourite videos will be automatically deleted at the end of the video storage time if you do not download them.
Follow these steps to share videos from the Ring App:
- Navigate to the menu then select history event.
- Now go to the video you would like to share, then click more.
- Click share and choose a destination.
- You can also share videos to the Ring neighbours app by choosing to notify neighbours and then following the prompts.
Follow these steps to share videos from a web browser:
- Log into your Ring account.
- Navigate to History.
- Then choose the video you want to share.
How Far Back Can You Look at Ring Footage
You can look back at Ring footage for as long as 60 days, but you can adjust the settings between 1 day to 180 days.
How Long Does Ring Keep Video For Free
Ring offers a 30-day free trial after which you will have to subscribe to a Ring Protect plan, so you don’t lose your recorded videos. If you want to be able to save videos as a free subscriber you can post the video to the neighbours’ app. This way such a video will become publicly available on the internet.
Does Ring Keep Deleted Videos
No deleted videos get lost forever and you won’t be able to access them anymore. They are removed from the cloud storage where they are kept.
Are Ring Cameras Always Recording?
Ring cameras don’t record unless a motion is detected and the video button is pressed or if you start live view in the ring app or web browser.