On this page, we will be providing you with the step-by-step procedures that will guide you on how to activate ESPN on Roku providing you with the benefits of watching your favorite sport, channels e.t.c from your ESPN app through your Roku device.
Having ESPN installed and activated on your Roku, it is not necessary to use your mobile device or PC, just to watch your favorite channel on ESPN.
This article will guide you through how to install the ESPN app on your Roku, activate ESPN on your Roku, and how to fix ESPN not working on your Roku.
ESPN is an online streaming channel for entertainment on sports, sport news, and sports events. ESPN is also known as a sports streaming platform that enables you to watch live games and sports news and analysis.
Supported Roku devices
- Roku LT (2700X/EU)
- Roku 1, SE (2710X/EU)
- Roku 2 (2720X/EU)
- Roku Streaming Stick (3500X/EU)
- Roku Streaming Stick (3600X)
- Roku Express (3700X)
- Roku Express+ (3710X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (3800X)
- Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810X)
How to activate ESPN on Roku
Before proceeding to how to activate ESPN on Roku, here are the first necessary steps to help those that are just starting.
For those of you who do not have ESPN on your Roku device, follow this process:
- From your Roku device Home screen, Go to your Channels Store
- On your channels store, select Streaming Channels
- Under streaming channels, Search for ESPN using the search icon
- Once done ESPN would be displayed in the result.
- Select ESPN and click “Add Channel”
- Once you’ve done that, ESPN would be added to your channel list
- Go to your channel list to launch the app
The procedures to activate ESPN on Roku are as follows
- Launch the ESPN app on your Roku device and select settings gear
- Enter your ESPN subscription.
- Select ESPN+
- Select Login.
- Take note of the activation code and go to ESPN.com/activate on your computer or mobile browser.
- Enter the activation code and click continue on your browser.
- Enter your existing ESPN account or create a new one
- Your subscription will be now linked to your Roku device, and your account will be available to use on any other supported device.
Can’t Activate ESPN on Roku? Try these Fixes!
If you are facing a problem on how to activate ESPN on your Roku here are the ways to fix the error message.
- Check your ESPN server outage
- Power cycle your Roku device.
- Reinstall the ESPN app on your Roku device
- Reset your hub settings on your Roku device
- Clear ESPN cache on your Roku
Learn more on how to activate ESPN on Fire TV here
Check ESPN server outage
The issue of ESPN plus not working can result from the ESPN server. Visit down detector to see if ESPN plus is down or not. You can find the problem there if it has to do with ESPN.
To be updated on outages check out ESPN plus on Twitter. Follow ESPN plus on Twitter to find out what people are saying about the service. Some people report outages on Twitter if the issue is widespread. And if the problem is coming from their server all you will have to do is to be patient, and if the problem is not coming directly from their server, you can proceed by trying the steps below.
Power cycle Roku device
To power cycle, your Roku device means to switch it off and on over and over again. You may be able to fix the ESPN plus not working issue with a power cycle of your Roku. Most Roku models are fixed with this solution, and ESPN is no longer an issue.
- To turn off your Roku, unplug it and press the power button for 10 seconds.
- Now, disconnect your router and wait for ten to fifteen minutes.
- First, you need to turn on your router.
- Once the router is fully up and running, plug in and turn on your Roku
- Then launch ESPN Plus on your Roku to see if it is working or not.
Reinstall ESPN on Roku device
If you are experiencing problems with your ESPN app not working on and Roku, reinstalling the app may solve the problem. So, here is a guide on how to reinstall ESPN on Samsung and Roku TVs.
Reinstalling ESPN on your Roku device also helps you to resolve some trafficking error that occurs during the downloading system. To reinstall ESPN on your Roku device, follow the steps below
- Open your Roku’s home screen.
- Click on the ESPN app.
- On your Roku remote, press the * button.
- Now click on remove channel.
- You need to restart your Roku.
- Search for ESPN+ on your Roku and install it.
Reset hub Settings on Roku device
Following these steps will help you reset your Roku device for ESPN+ to work again.
- Select the settings icon on the home screen.
- Select the application from the list.
- Manage installed applications can be found by scrolling down.
- Choose ESPN + from the list.
- Next, select Force Stop, clear cache, and then clear data.
- Open the ESPN + app and see if you can stream your favorite sport on your firestick/fire tv
Clear ESPN cache on Roku device
It’s possible that the problems you are facing on how to activate ESPN on Roku are coming as a result of junks and gabbages
To clear ESPN cache on your Roku device follow the following steps
- Go to the settings icon from your home screen.
- open the application from the list
- you can find manage installation by scrolling down
- you should then select ESPN from the list
- Then select Force Stop, clear cache, and then clear data.
- Open the ESPN + app and see if you can stream your favorite sport on your firestick/fire tv.
With the stated steps above on how to activate ESPN on your Roku device, I hope this article has been written in your own way of understanding, useful and helpful to solve common issues you are having on how to activate ESPN on your Roku device? then feel free to drop your comment in the section below.