This article will guide you through the easy process to activate MLB TV on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, and PS4 without any hassle. All you need is a fast and reliable internet service.
Are you a baseball lover and you reside in the US? Then you must have an already established connection with the MLB. It is similar to what the football fans know as the UEFA Champions League. However, there is much difference between UEFA and MLB.
MLB TV is a TV sports channel and is much more flexible because they feature baseball-oriented information that includes news, statistics, and sports columns. In addition, they are also into merchandise sales via their website.
Recently, many users are changing from their cable TV to other cheaper platforms, and what else could be better and cheaper than streaming something online? With the availability of various streaming services such as Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, etc. no cable channel is allowed to remain in isolation, not even the MLB TV.
Compatible Streaming Devices on MLB TV
- Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
Activate MLB TV on Roku
To watch and activate MLB TV on Roku, you must be a free subscriber of MLB.TV or a packaged subscriber of MLB no matter the plan you buy.
Installing MLB TV on Roku
In case you don’t have the MLB app pre-installed already, then this step is for you. However, if you do have MLB TV app on your device already, just skip this part and start from the next part.
- Go to the Roku home screen. Tap the arrow button on your remote and it will effectively direct you to ‘’Streaming Channels’’.
- Select ‘’Search Channels’’.
- From search channels, choose ‘’Roku Channel Store’’ to find the MLB app.
- Enter MLB on the search bar and then click on ‘’Add channels’’. This will add or install the app to your Roku device easily.
Activate MLB TV on Roku
- The activation process does not require an activation code to use.
- After installing the app, launch the MLB app.
- Now, select your favorite team by simply signing in.
- In case you don’t have an existing MLB account, you need to create one on the app itself.
- Click “Create a free account” and then select “Get started”.
- You will be directed to a page to provide your email address and password via the on-screen keyboard.
- After submitting your correct details, select ‘’Create Account’’. Now, you can stream content from MLB TV on your Roku device seamlessly.
Activate MLB TV on Fire TV
To watch and activate MLB TV on Fire TV, you need to follow these concise steps below carefully:
Installing the MLB TV app
- Go to the Search menu and type MLB TV.
- Choose the MLB TV app from the search results or you could also use voice commands for searching purposes.
- If you decide to search the MLB TV app via the voice command, just press the voice button on your Alexa Voice Remote.
- Tap ‘’Get’’ on either of the apps to get it installed on your Firestick device.
- After installing the apps, then you can always set them up directly from your home screen under the ‘’Your apps and channels’’ section.
- If you can’t locate them on your home screen among the other apps then it will be somewhere in the bottom of the row, which you can easily find by clicking see all.
Note that these steps are for users who don’t have the MLB TV app pre-installed.
Activate MLB TV on Fire TV
- Open the app after installation, click on Settings, and then the Log in option.
- Enter the Email ID and password that you already registered with on MLB TV.
- You can create a different MLB TV account via a separate internet-connected device such as your smartphone or PC.
- After you must have logged in successfully, then the MLB TV will be successfully activated and you will be notified by a prompt for the same on your Fire TV screen.
- Click ‘OK’ and start streaming our preferred sport.
Activate MLB TV on Apple TV
Kindly note that if you have a third-generation or earlier brand of Apple TV then it can’t support MLB TV. This installation process is only for the 4th generation Apple TV( Apple TV HD) or Apple TV 4k. To watch and activate MLB TV on Apple TV, you need to follow these concise steps below carefully:
Installing MLB TV on Apple TV
- Turn on your Apple TV device.
- Go to the App Store using your TV remote and type MLB TV on the channel search bar.
- Once you find the app, click on the ‘’Get’’ button. This will lead you to the installation process of the MLB TV app.
Activate MLB TV on Apple TV.
- The activation process is quite similar to other devices, just enter the correct username and password.
- Ensure you have already subscribed to MLB TV first.
Activate MLB TV ON Android TV
To watch and activate MLB TV on Android TV, you need to follow these concise steps below carefully:
- Turn off your Android TV.
- With the aid of an ethernet cable, plug in your streaming device directly into your modem (You can bypass your router if possible).
- Disconnect your modem or router totally from power for about 30 seconds, then power it back on and ensure connection lights are active.
- Turn on your Android TV device, confirm your connection, and set up the MLB TV app.
- After launching the MLB application, you will be able to view the latest games. Select any of the games to get the log-in prompt.
- Submit your registered MLB TV email address and password using the on-screen keyboard.
- After signing in with the correct details, you will receive a confirmation on your Android TV device screen.
- Now, you can immediately access “Settings” to personalize your favorite teams or conceal game spoilers.
- To bypass this screen, just click “OK”.
- You now have unlimited access to MLB.TV on your Android TV device!
Activate MLB TV on PS 4
To watch and activate MLB TV on PS4, you need to follow these concise steps below carefully:
Installing MLB TV on PlayStation 4
- In case you already signed up for MLB TV.
- Navigate to the home screen on your PS4.
- Open the app store to search for MLB TV.
- Click on ‘Download’ to install the app.
Activating MLB TV on PlayStation 4
- Log in using your correct MLB TV details and you will be able to stream MLB TV seamlessly.
Can’t Activate MLB TV? Try these Fixes!
Ensure you have the most recent device, upgraded operating system, and MLB app version before trying the troubleshooting tips. If you are having issues with the MLB app, follow the steps below to resolve the issue you might be experiencing.
- Go to your device’s home screen.
- Click on the “Menu” key.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Applications”.
- Click on the application you wish to close
- Click on “Force stop”.
- Click on the “Home” button to return to your device’s home screen.
- Then restart your device
In case you are still having any issues after following the steps above, kindly switch your connectivity from cellular to Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi to cellular. Note that Wi-Fi connections are generally an improvement over cellular, but that is not always the case. Network congestion can affect application performance.
For personal Wi-Fi connections, you can restart your internet modem and router in case you experience a network conflict even if other devices are working properly.
The following factors below may affect a successful blackout verification while activating MLB TV.
- Location services are disabled on the device.
- GPS satellites are invisible due to being indoors or away from windows.
- Kindly verify if a cellular data or Wi-Fi hotspot, satellite, hotel, or corporate/VPN internet connection is being used.
- You are attempting to access MLB TV while traveling in motion (plane, train, or automobile)
Follow the steps below to be sure that location services are launched properly:
- Click on the device “Settings” icon.
- Click on “Location Settings”.
- Make sure all location services are enabled.
To activate MLB TV on various streaming devices have similar patterns like you need to install it and log in with your correct username and password, in as much as you already subscribed to MLB TV separately. Let’s know if you were able to successfully activate MLB TV on your streaming device in the comment section below.