This article will take you through the process of how to activate Starz on Fire TV. It is going to contain, everything you need to know when it comes to the basics of activating Starz on Fire TV.
Starz is a US-based premium cable and satellite television network, currently famous for its video streaming app that provides blockbuster movies and original shows. Subscribing to Starz on your cable TV, allows you log in with your TV provider and enjoy on-demand content on your TV and the service also has a monthly plan for the cord-cutters out there. The Starz app is officially available for Fire TV devices so that you can install and activate the Starz app on Fire TV.
Meanwhile, Fire TV works like a media player, and it is a device that connects to a TV or monitor via an HDMI port and kind of serves like the TV’s operating system.
It has its own home page and library of free and subscription-based streaming apps that you can use to watch videos and also listen to music.
Why You Should Get a Fire TV
Apparently, the Amazon Fire TV is the family name for the company’s line of streaming media players that take content from the Internet (videos, music, games, etc.) and displays it on your TV. There are currently four models available;
- The Fire TV Stick Lite
- Fire TV Stick
- Fire TV Stick 4K
- Fire TV Cube
The difference between these models is mainly a matter of image quality, sound quality, and connectivity.
Amazon has designed all these models as excellent as could be, but the stick happens to be the most popular mainly because of the functionality you get with it.
Now, imagine being able to take your TV with you when you go on vacation, you can simply remove your device and take it with you when you travel. Then, plug it into any compatible TV to gain instant access to all of your favorite videos, that the Fire TV Stick houses. It is that functionality and portability for me.
How To Set Up Your Fire TV
Before setting up, you want to he sure you have the following things
- A compatible TV – this is any TV that has HD or UHD plus a HDMI port (most TV screens today will have this)
- A wireless internet connection
- An Amazon account. You don’t have to be an Amazon Prime customer to use the Amazon Fire TV but you do need to have a regular Amazon account. If you don’t have one, then you can create this on setup.
- 2 AAA batteries for your TV remote.
With all these checked, now you can go ahead and set up your Fire TV.
1.Plug the power adaptor into your TV and plug the other end into a power outlet. Then ensure your TV is turned “on”.
2. Plug the Fire TV directly into the HDMI port on the back of your TV, or use a HDMI extender if you don’t want it plugged directly into the screen.
3. Turn your TV to the same channel that the TV Stick is plugged into (i.e. HDMI1, HDMI3). You should then see a loading screen with the “Fire TV” logo.
4. Check to ensure you have batteries into your remote. Once you’ve done this it should automatically pair with your stick. If your remote doesn’t pair, press and hold the Home Button for up to 10 sections to send it to “discovery mode” so you can complete the pairing process.
5.Follow the instructions onscreen to connect your TV Stick to your Wi-Fi network.
6. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to register your Fire TV to your Amazon account.
How To Install Starz on Fire TV
The installation process is simple and easy. You can follow this step-by-step guide below to install the Starz app on your Fire TV, just make sure you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection and voilà!
- Power on your Fire TV device and let it boot into the Fire TV home screen.
- Go up to the tabs section using your remote, and highlight the search function by moving to the left and selecting the magnifying glass icon.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to type the “Starz app.”
- Thereafter, a couple of search results will show up below.
- Go ahead and choose the Starz App from the list of results. Again, tap the Starz app banner under the Apps & Game
- After you get to the download page, click Get or Download to download and install the Starz app on your Fire TV.
- Once the installation finishes, click Open to launch the Starz on Fire TV
- Now, you can go ahead and activate the Starz app on your Fire TV.
How To Activate Starz On Fire TV
Now that you have Starz installed, to activate Starz on the Fire TV, should not be much of a problem. With the steps below, you can get Starz activation code for Fire TV and activate it successfully.
- Open the Starz app from Your Apps & Channels section on the Fire TV home screen.
- Choose Activate your device. The app will give you an activation code.
- Enter the activation code shown in the Starz app.
- Go to Starz.com/activate on a web browser either on your smartphone or PC.
- Click Submit to proceed.
- After that, log in to your Starz account and tap Sign in.
- Then you can go ahead and decide on the kind of subscription package you want to go for.
How To Fix Starz Not Responding on Fire TV
How to activate Starz on Fire TV is quite simple, but should you get to faced with the challenge of the Starz app freezing or not just responding, then you want to do the following things;
- Clear the app cache and data and then restart your Fire TV device
- Uninstall and reinstall the app, then restart your Fire TV device.
- Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons at the same time, for 10 seconds
Fire TV does a lot more than just streaming TV and movies, though. It can also stream audio, with apps like Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and Sirius XM, you can listen to music on demand as well as radio stations and podcasts. And when it comes to how to activate Starz on Fire TV it is simple and direct.