Have you been wondering how to add apps to TCL android smart TV? Then you are reading the right article, as we will explain how to add apps to TCL android smart TV.
TCL is one of the best android smart TVs that give you premium value for your money with excellent features and qualities like good picture quality, great sound output, and thousands of different entertainment content for whatever category you choose.
The TCL android smart TV usually comes preinstalled with popular apps that you would typically use on your smart TV; however, some apps might not be popular, but you find them interesting and would like to have them on your TV.
In situations like that, you would need to know how to add apps to TCL android smart TV, so you can always add your desired apps.
The remaining section of this article will explain how to add apps to TCL android smart TV and possibly answer some other questions about TCL android smart TV.
How to Add Apps to TCL Android Smart TV
It is straightforward to add apps to TCL android smart TV, as the TCL TV is smart and efficient with a great user experience for easy use.
You can add apps to TCL android smart TV by following the instructions below.
- Use your remote to navigate to apps from your android TV home screen.
- Then click on get more apps or get more games to open the Google play store.
- Then you can browse through the various categories to see the available apps for download.
- If you already know the name of the app you want to download, you can input the name on the search icon at the top of the home screen.
- Then select the app or game you want to install, and if it is a free app, click on install.
- If the app is a paid app, you should follow the onscreen instruction to install the app.
Once the app has been completely installed on your TV, you can open it to confirm that you have been able to add apps to TCL android TV successfully.
Does TCL Have Google Play Store
TCL is an android TV that automatically comes with the Google play store for you to download and install apps and perform other functions.
If you recently bought the TCL android TV, you only need to sign in to your google account, or if you want to change to another account, you can sign in using the new account.
TCL allows you to use multiple Google accounts so that you can use various accounts for various Google services like Youtube and Google play music.
You can sign in to your Google account on your play store by following the instructions below.
- Press the home button on your TCL remote to open the Android TV home screen.
- Then click on the settings icon and navigate to general settings.
- Then click on accounts and sign in and press the ok button.
- Then use the remote to enter the username and password of your Google account.
Once you have signed in to the account, you can use the play store to download any app of your choice for your TV.
How to Install Unknown Apps on TCL Android Smart TV
If the apps you want to install are not on the Google play store, you would need to allow your TV to install apps from unknown sources.
As a security feature to prevent your TV from getting infected with malicious content, apps from unknown sources are not allowed on the TV except you give your permission.
You can allow the installation of unknown apps on your TCL android TV by following the instructions below.
- Open the home screen of your Android TV and click on the settings icon.
- Then click on Apps & Notifications and select advanced.
- Then click on special app access and select install unknown apps.
- Then open the app you want to download and checkmark install from this source.
Once you are done, you should be able to install the apps of your choice, and when the installation is done, you will find the installed app on the app section of your TV.
How to Update Apps on TCL Android Smart TV
Apps usually require upgrades when a software update is released. The software updates improve your experience when using the app and clearing minor bug fixes or making significant updates.
You can update your TCL android TV apps by following the instructions below.
- Ensure that your TCL is connected to an internet connection and turn it on.
- Then click on the Apps tab and select the Google play store.
- Then click on the updates available section of the Google play store.
- Then you can click on the update all option to update all the apps on your TCL android TV.
- If you want to update a single app, You can click on the app and press the update button.
Once the update has been completed, you can open the app and start using it to see the effect of the update.
How to Update Apps on TCL Roku TV
The TCL Roku TV is another affordable model of the TCL smart TV that gives you the smart TV experience for an affordable amount of money.
The apps on the TCL Roku TV will require updates like any app, and you can easily update the apps by following the instructions below.
- Press the home button on your TCL Roku TV to open the home screen.
- Then click on the streaming channels to open the Roku channel store.
- Then search and select the app you want to update from the channel store.
- Then press the * button on your remote and click on the check for updates option.
- Then click on update to update the app on your TV.
Once you are done with the instructions above, you can open the apps and use them as you desire.
How to Install Apps on TCL Roku TV
If your TCL smart TV runs on Roku, you can add apps to TCL Roku TV by following the instructions below.
- Open your TCL Roku TV home screen and go to the streaming channels.
- Then search and select the app you want to add to your TCL Roku TV.
You should then find the app on your TCL home screen, and you can use the app anytime you want.
This article has given a detailed explanation of how to add apps to TCL android TV. We also looked at how to update apps on the TCL android and Roku TV.