Spotify is a popular streaming platform with millions of daily users. You can’t stream or listen to your favourite music without registering on the platform. However, if you forgot your password or think that your Spotify password has been compromised, the best thing to do is to change the Spotify account password. So, in this guide, I will consider how to change Spotify account password on all the supported means.
Spotify Password Requirements
It’s simple and straightforward to reset and change your Spotify password but the downside is that the new password must meet certain requirements. Below are the basic Spotify password requirements.
- Your Spotify password must be at least 8 characters.
- Your password must contain letters, capitals, numbers, and special characters.
- Your new password must be different from the old password.
- Don’t use the same password you have used before for your Spotify account.
With these precautions in place, you can easily change your Spotify password or reset it successfully.
How to Change Spotify Password on Phone
If you are using the Spotify music streaming app on your smartphone following the steps below will walk you through how to change your Spotify password on phone without a number.
- Go to the official “Spotify” website on your mobile phone.
- Sign in with your current password.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon located at the top right.
- Click on “View Account” from the menu.
- A new tab will open. On the new tab, click the drop arrow beside “Account Overview.”
- Click on “Change Password” from the drop menu options.
- Type your “Current” password and enter your “New Password” twice.
- Click on “Set New Password” to save changes.
- “Password Update” will appear on the navigation.
The steps above will change your Spotify password. And henceforth, you will need the new password to sign into your Spotify account as the old password has been replaced with the new one.
How to Change Spotify Password Through Facebook
Changing your Spotify password through Facebook will also change your Facebook password since the same password is used to access your Spotify and Facebook accounts. However, if you choose to disconnect your Spotify account from your Facebook account kindly follow the steps below.
- Go to “Spotify.com“ and sign in to your account with your Facebook username and password.
- Click “Forgot your Password” under the “Login” info column.
- Type the “Email” address associated with your ”Facebook” account and click on the “Send” button.
- Sign in to the email address and click the “Reset” link to the password reset page.
- Enter your new “Password” and repeat the same “Password” in the second column and then click on “Send.“
- Now, sign in with the Facebook email address and the new password.
Henceforth, you’d be able to sign into your Spotify account with the email address and the new password.
How to Change Spotify Password Without Email
Yes, you can change your Spotify password without your email address. But, you would have to either;
- Contact Spotify
- Create a new Spotify account.
You’d want to contact Spotify to help change or update your email address if you are a premium subscriber and if you have downloaded some music that you can’t afford to let go.
But, if you are a regular user without a subscription or some saved music or followers that you cannot afford to miss then you can just create a new Spotify account and start all over again as a new user.
How to Reset Spotify Password
Following the steps in this section, you will be able to reset your Spotify password [IF] forgotten or when you can’t remember your login password again. However, you need to make use of your desktop or laptop computer when you want to reset your Spotify password. So, this won’t work on the official Spotify mobile app.
- Go to the “Spotify Password Reset” page on your browser.
- Input your “Spotify Email” address into the column.
- Click on “Send” for your Spotify password reset link.
- Sign into your email account and click on the Spotify password link sent to your email.
- Follow the instruction to set a new password for your Spotify account.
You cannot reset your Spotify password or change your Spotify password on the Spotify app at the moment. So, to change or reset your Spotify password you’d have to use your browser browser to access the music streaming platform.
How to Logout Spotify on All Devices
The first thing you want to do when you just change your Spotify password is to log out of your Spotify account from all devices you have logged in before. So, this is referred to as a logout Spotify account everywhere.
- Log into your “Spotify” account on a web browser.
- Go to your “Account” page.
- Scroll down and click on “Sign out everywhere.”
With the steps above your Spotify account will be logged out everywhere leaving your device as the only device that is currently logged into your Spotify account.
Now, share this article with your family members and friend to quip them how to change Spotify password without the email or phone number as shared in this article.