Have you been looking for a guide on how to connect a Phone to a TCL TV? If yes, you are reading the right article, as we will guide you through how to connect your Phone to your TCL TV in this complete guide.
The TCL TV is a low-budget smart TV with good sound, excellent picture quality, and other unique features.
It is very possible to connect a phone to a TCL TC, and doing so has extra advantages, such as another device to enjoy your entertainment content.
So, I wouldn’t doubt the TCL market if it dominates the entire market because of the price. However, if you are looking for a complete guide on how you can connect your phone [Android or iPhone] to your TCL TV, just follow the steps in this guide.
How to Connect a Phone to a TCL TV
Being able to connect a phone to a TCL TV is a great way to extend the functionality of the TV, and if your TV has an inbuilt Chromecast, this is usually easily achievable.
If you have a TCL TV with an inbuilt Chromecast, you only need to open the Chrome browser on your Phone, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen, and select the TV you want to cast.
If this is not something you can do, you do not have to worry, as there are other ways you can connect a phone to a TCL TV, and they will be discussed shortly.
How to Connect Your Android Phone to a TCL TV using Miracast
If you have Miracast installed on your Android device, you can connect a phone to a TCL by following the instructions below.
- Ensure your TCL TV and Android device are connected to the same Wifi source.
- Then confirm that screen mirroring is enabled on your TCL TV.
- Then go to your Phone’s settings menu and click the connection and sharing option.
- Then click the wireless display option and select screen mirroring from the menu.
- Then check the available list of mirroring-enabled devices and click on your TCL TV.
- Then follow the instructions on your screen and input a password if prompted to complete the process.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to connect a phone to a TV using Miracast on your Android device.
How to Connect Your iPhone to a TCL TV
If you use an iPhone and would like to connect it to your TCL TV, you need to confirm that the iPhone has airplay support and is compatible.
If you have confirmed this, you can proceed to connect your iPhone to a TCL TV by following the instructions below.
- Connect your iPhone and your TCL TV to the same Wifi network.
- Then open the control center on your iPhone and look for the mirror screening icon.
- Then tap the icon to open the drop-down menu and see the list of available devices.
- Then click on your TCL TV from the available list.
- Then input the code that will be displayed on your TV to your Phone, and click the ok button to complete the process.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have been able to connect your iPhone to a TCL TV.
Depending on your phone’s operating system, you can use any of the methods in this section of the article to connect a phone to a TCL smart TV.
You can also check out How to Fix TCL Roku TV Black Screen.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on TCL Smart TV
Fortunately, you do not need to perform any action to enable screen mirroring on your TCL smart TV as the TV already has an inbuilt Chromecast.
The only thing you need to do, depending on the device you are using, is to ensure that the device and your TCL smart TV are connected to the same Wifi network.
Once you have ascertained this, you can connect your device to the TCL smart TV for mirroring.
How to Connect Phone to TCL TV Using Bluetooth
You can connect any Bluetooth device, including your phone, to your TCL TV, and you can achieve this by following the instructions below.
- Press the home button on your TCL TV remote to open the home screen.
- Then scroll to the settings icon with the help of the navigational buttons and press ok to confirm your selection.
- Then select the remote and accessories option and click ok to confirm.
- Then click on additional accessories, and the nearby available Bluetooth devices will appear on your screen.
- Then select your device from your list.
Once you are done with the instructions above, you would have been able to successfully connect your Phone to your TCL TV using the Bluetooth function.
How to Mirror Android Phone to TCL Smart TV
Mirroring your Android phone to your TCL smart TV is usually an easy thing to do.
If your TCL smart TV has an inbuilt Chromecast, you can easily mirror the Android phone to your TCL smart TV by clicking on the vertical icon in your Phone’s Chrome browser and selecting your TCL TV for mirroring.
However, if you prefer to use the Miracast on your Android device, you can mirror your Android phone to your TCL TV by following the basic steps below.
- Connect your Android device and your TCL TV to the same wifi device, or else you will find it difficult to mirror.
- Then ensure that screen mirroring is functional on your TCL TV.
- Then open your Phone’s settings app and select the connection and sharing option from the menu list.
- Now, tap the wireless display option and click on the screen mirroring option.
- Then select your TCL TV from the list of available devices that will appear on your screen.
- Then if needed, input your password and follow the prompts on your screen to complete the mirroring process.
If you have followed the instructions above, you should be able to see your TCL screen mirrored on your Phone.
This article has explained the steps you need to take to connect a phone to a TCL TV. We looked at the method you can use to achieve this using your Android or iPhone and also looked at how to connect your Phone to your TCL TV using the Bluetooth feature.