Lyft provides what we called the easiest approach to delete users accounts both the rider and driver account on mobile (Android and iPhone/iPad) app and on the official website. However, how to delete Lyft account doesn’t support partial account deletion.
There isn’t a way to delete rider from users account without deleting the driver account that is associated with the account and vice-versa.
However, Lyft will place a limitation to your account and you will not be able to delete the said Lyft account if the account has an issue that is related to trust, safety or fraud.
So, to delete your Lyft account you would have to clear all issues related to your account status. A deleted Lyft account cannot be restored. This implies that upon successful deletion of your Lyft account you cannot ask to restore it.
But before you delete your Lyft account you can request to download your data for a personal reason. However, if you failed to download your Lyft data before deleting your account there will be no way to get back your data.
Meanwhile, Lyft doesn’t instantly delete your rider and driver account when you request to delete your account from the platform. It takes about 45 days for Lyft to delete users account after the request has been made.
And if the ultimatum could not be made, a written letter will be sent to you notifying you on the extension and how long it would take to be able to complete the request to delete your Lyft account.
Don’t Miss: How to Delete Match Account
Table of Contents
How to Delete Lyft Account on App
Here is how to delete a Lyft account on app on your Android and iPhone/iPad.
- Open the Lyft app and log in to your account.
- Click on the three bars to the left and tap “Help” once the menu expands.
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Get Help” page and click on “Profile and account settings.”
- Click on “Delete my Account.”
- A confirmation message will pop up warning you that Lyft will delete your Lyft (rider and driver) account permanently.
- Accept the popup to delete your account.
Now, you will be logged out of your Lyft account and taken back to the Lyft app login page.
How to Delete Lyft Account on Web
You can also delete your Lyft account from the official website. However, you must go through the Lyft support/help centre to accomplish this.
- Go to the Lyft support page.
- Select “I’m a passenger (rider) or driver.”
- Tap on “Profile and account settings.”
- Choose “Delete my account.”
- Your Lyft account will be deleted.
Note that this cannot be undone. Therefore, make sure that you really want to delete your Lyft account.
How to Submit a Request to Delete Lyft Account
It takes about 45 days for Lyft to delete your Lyft account when a request to delete your account is submitted.
- Go to Lyft.com website.
- Tap “Help” on the navigation.
- Click on “Contact Support” when you scroll down the page.
- Tap “Profile and Account Settings >> Delete Account or Unsubscribe >> Delete My Account.
- In the description box type, “I want to delete my Lyft account I no longer want to keep it.”
- Check “I’m not a robot” and click on the “Submit” button.
This will submit a request to delete your Lyft account. However, it takes about 45 days for Lyft to attend to your request to delete your Lyft account.
Note: Lyft will keep sending email to your after deleting your account about offers and products. However, to stop the receiving email from Lyft you must unsubscribe from the service by clicking on the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the Lyft email in your inbox.