For whatever reason why you to delete your MI account, you will learn the basic steps in this guide. You would want to keep your account on the MI website if you own a Xiaomi phone. However, MI offers a simple approach on how to delete MI account to all account owner on the platform to delete or remote and close their MI account permanently without contacting MI customer care for help.
Literally, the MI account is just like other smartphone manufacturers account such as Apple account, Huawei account, and other brands to secure Xiaomi phone users from unauthorized persons and secure data on MI iCloud account.
And Xiaomi is one of the most popular smartphones in the 20th century, then, users or customer safety is now the priority. But, if you want to take some times off and change from MI to another phone, you can consider MI account deletion following a successful transfer of your data from your old Xiaomi phone to the new phone.
How to Logout MI Account from Your Device
It’s recommended to first remove your MI account from your device before you proceed to delete your MI account.
- Scroll down the notification bar and tap on the “Settings” gear icon.
- Scroll down to “Account” and tap on “MI Account.”
- Look at the bottom of the “MI Account” personal data and tap on the “Sign Out” button.
- In case you are prompted to type your “MI Account Password” enter the password to confirm that you want to log out from your MI account.
Now we can proceed to how to delete an MI account permanently. The above step is a criterion to delete MI account because failure to remove MI account from your phone might make your phone malfunction.
Account Xiaomi Pass Del
Account Xiaomi pass del is a MI website to delete MI account with users password and username. The portal URL for MI account delete: https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/del.
So to complete your MI account delete we will walk you through the official website https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/del.
How to Delete MI Account
Follow the steps below to delete your Xiaomi mi account permanently. Note that you cannot undo the process.
- Go to MI portal https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/del.
- Enter your MI account username and password and tap on “Sign in” button.
- Check on “Yes, I want to permanently delete my Mi Account and all its data” and tap “Delete MI Account.”
- Xiaomi needs to verify your account and that you want to delete your account permanently. Tap on the button for Xiaomi verification code.
- Enter the “Verification code” and tap on the “Submit” button.
- Tap “Delete Account” to permanently delete your Xiaomi Mi account.
How to Delete Xiaomi MI Account Online
https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/del doesn’t just emanate from anywhere to delete users accounts from MI. However, if you are unable to execute the process to delete your MI account via the official MI account deletion portal https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/del kindly follow the procedures below.
- Go to account.xiaomi.com on your browser.
- Sign in to your MI Account with your email and password.
- Tap “Personal Info” on the navigation.
- Click on “Settings” under “Advanced Settings” and a new tab will open.
- Tap “Send” under “Account Verification.”
- Enter the verification code MI sent to your email and tap “Submit.”
- Tap “Delete Account” to the bottom right.
- A new tap will open and you will be redirected to https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/del and you should see
To delete your Mi Account (61852****), enter your password and confirm that you want to delete all data associated with this account. You won’t be able to restore your account after that.
All content associated with your account will be permanently deleted (the list below may not contain all the services linked to this account).
- 1.Mi Coins that you’ve purchased but haven’t spent.
- 2.Photos and contacts you’ve synced with the cloud.
- 3.Themes you’ve purchased in the MIUI Theme Store.
- 4.In-app purchases associated with this account.
- 5.Mi.com purchase history.
- Xiaomi will need to verify your identity again. Now, click on the “Send” button for the verification code.
- Enter the verification code and tap on the “Submit” button.
- Tap “Delete Account” from the popup to permanently delete your MI account.
Note: There is no way to delete Xiaomi MI account without a password.