How to delete Uber account or Uber eats account can be the hardest decision. But, everything has an end.
Uber made transportation easy. No need to switch to public transport or walk to the bus station to take a cab or bus going on your way.
You can seat comfortably at home waiting for your Uber driver to arrive. However, if you have gotten your own ride or you are tired of how Uber charges you or how Uber driver behaves whenever you order for their service you can choose to deactivate and later delete your Uber account.
So, if you seek how to delete Uber account on App here is a guide for you.
There is no way to permanently delete Uber driver and customers account with a single click. However, Uber will first put your Uber account into a deactivation code for 30 days before subjecting the account to permanent deletion.
However, Uber can still hold unto your data even after you have deleted account without permission as required and as permitted by law.
Uber delete all information associated with your Uber account when the request is completed. For Uber Eats account with the same details as the Uber driver account or Uber passenger account will also be deleted once the request to delete your Uber account is completed.
How Long does it take to Delete Uber Eats Account?
Uber offers a mandatory 30 days account evaluation before deletion on all accounts on Uber. Whether you are using Uber driver account or the Uber eats account or even as a passenger with the Uber passenger account, it will take 30 days for Uber to delete your account.
During this 30 days evaluation, you can reactivate your Uber account and cancel the request to delete your Uber eats account.
However, to reactivate your Uber account before 30 days you simply need to sign in to your Uber account with your Uber account username and password.
How to Delete Uber Eats Account on App
To delete Uber eats account you need to delete your entire Uber account and all associated accounts such as eats account will be deleted. However, if you no longer want to keep the Uber eats account, you can delete the Uber app from your Android or iPhone while the Uber eats account will still be associated with your primary Uber account.
And since there is no way to delete Uber eats account from the primary Uber account, the only way to delete your Uber eats account is to delete the entire Uber account service from Uber server. With this, both the Uber eats and passenger/driver account will be deleted.
How to Delete Uber Accouuount on App
Following the procedures below, you will be able to permanently delete your Uber account on the app including the Uber eats account.
- Open the Uber app on your and sign in to your account if you have not done so.
- Tap on the “Hamburger line” at the top left of the app.
- Tap on “Settings” when the menu opens.
- Tap manage data shared with Uber tap on “Privacy.”
- Tap on “Delete Account” at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your “Uber Password.” to confirm that you want to delete your account.
How to Delete Uber Account on Web
Just like what we shared above on guide to delete Uber account on the app you can also request to delete your Uber account on the Uber official account deletion page.
- Open your web browser and go to the Uber account deletion page.
- You will be prompted to log in. Enter your Uber email or phone and password to sign in to your Uber account.
- You will see “Uber Rider and Uber Eats.” Tap on the “Continue” button.
- Tell Uber account your experience and why you want to delete your account. Tap on “Other” and click on “Delete Account.”
- A popup will appear that “your account deletion was successful” and you will be logged out instantly.
- Uber payment method, saved locations, and rider numbers or eats number and other account information will be deleted.
Note: You have 30 days of grace to recover your Uber account. During this period, Uber will place your account on deactivation mode with no intention to sign in. Once you sign in, your Uber account will be reactivated.
Therefore, it’s a wise decision to request for your Uber account deletion and delete the Uber app from your phone.