Back in the days when you can trust Facebook with your data, there won’t be any reason to want to learn how to delete your Facebook account if you want to take some time off the social media platform as you can just deactivate your account and come back to reactivate when you think it’s the right time.
However, since Facebook failed to keep to their promise it won’t be bad if you choose to delete your account on Facebook for peace of mind since you don’t have control over what you share on the platform.
Therefore, here in this guide, you will learn how to delete your Facebook account across all Facebook platforms [Web & mobile].
Facebook actually know this way back that people can’t be part of their platform forever. Most especially when all attentions are now on WhatsApp.
Facebook, however, offers two options to take when it comes to your mind to delete your Facebook account.
The first is to deactivate your Facebook account. This will hide your Facebook profile from your friends and you will not be able to post on Facebook until you reactivate your account.
This is how to delete your Facebook account temporarily.
The second option is to delete or remove all your activities from Facebook this including all posts, pages, likes, shares, notifications, and Facebook profile, and disappear totally from the platform. This approach is permanent and cannot be undone.
However, the only approach to keep your information on Facebook after you have permanently deleted your Facebook account is to download your Facebook data as a backup before you proceed to request that Facebook should delete your account.
How to Deactivate your Facebook Account
If you have a plan to use Facebook again and you are not ready to lose your friends on the account it’s better to turn to deactivate your Facebook account. This will give you an option to pick up your Facebook account from where you left.
- Log in to the Facebook account you want to deactivate.
- Click on Menu >> Settings & Privacy >> Settings.
- Click “Your Facebook Information” on the left column.
- Click on “Deactivation and Deletion” at the bottom of the right column.
- Tap on “Deactivate Account” and tap “Continue to Account Deactivation” at the bottom.
- Enter your Facebook password and tap “Continue.”
- Your account will be deactivated and all your Facebook activities will be hidden from the public until you reactivate it again.
You can simply reactivate your Facebook account by just logging in to the deactivated Facebook account.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account on the Web
All Facebook platforms [web, apps, mbasic & Facebook touch] allow users to delete their Facebook account permanently. So, here we will walk you through the steps to delete your Facebook account permanently.
Note: You have 30 days grace to restore your Facebook account. After this period you will not be able to restore your Facebook account.
- Go to the Facebook account deletion page on your browser.
- Sign in to the Facebook account you want to delete permanently.
- FB will bring some options. This includes how to deactivate account, download info, edit admin settings, and manage apps. If no appeal to you click on “Delete Account” at the bottom.
- Enter your Facebook password and click on “Continue” to confirm your Facebook account deletion.
That is it your Facebook account will be deleted. After the approaches above you will not be able to use Facebook messenger. And if you linked your WhatsApp and Instagram account to your Facebook it will be unlinked.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account on Mobile App
Android and iPhone/iPad users can delete their Facebook account using the official Facebook app. This is simple and fast to approach. There is no need for a PC.
- Open the Facebook app on your phone [Android or iPhone/iPad].
- Tap on the Facebook hamburger to the top right.
- Scroll down and click “Settings” under “Settings & privacy.”
- Click on “Account Ownership and Control” under “Your Facebook Information.”
- Click on “Deactivation and Deletion.”
- Choose “Delete Account.”
- Tap “Continue to Account Deletion.”
- Facebook will want you to stick around by offering to help you. Tap on “Continue to account deletion.”
- Scroll down the page and click on “Delete account.”
- Enter your Facebook account password and tap on “Continue.”
- Click on “Delete Account.”
That is. Your Facebook account will be deleted permanently.
How Long Would it Take Facebook to Delete My Account?
It may take Facebook up to 90 days to delete your Facebook account permanently. However, you have 30 days of grace to restore your deleted Facebook account.
Note: You may be asked to prove your identity before you can restore your Facebook account.