We take a dive into how to fix a Haier TV remote not working in this article with a DIY approach before you decide to get a TV replace for your Haier TV set.
The current trend when it comes to a better television viewing experience is the smart TV. By employing a unique operating system, a smart TV is able to access content off the internet.
A user not only gets access to internet content but the TV provides a better scope for gaming and web browsing. A user could even go as far as accessing a large volume of channels without connecting to a cable service or TV antenna.
It is so exciting that with the market taking full advantage of these advancements in Smart TV technology, Haier has come up with some of the best smart TV models which transform the television viewing experience of users for good.
You are definitely on point if you currently use one of Haier Smart TV models. One of the issues users experience with their TVs is a remote not working.
It can be really frustrating when your Haier TV remote suddenly stops working. A Haier TV remote control unit is actually preprogrammed to operate the TV and if it doesn’t work, the initial step to take is to test the infrared light of the remote control, by aiming it at the camera lens on your mobile phone.
When any button is pressed on the remote control unit, you should actually see the LED of the remote flash at least once and if the LED doesn’t flash, then there is a problem with the remote.
Even though each Haier TV model and remote is slightly different, some common troubleshooting steps apply to all models and brands. Following the troubleshooting steps will definitely provide an answer to why your Haier TV remote is not working.
You can also check out how to fix the Haier TV red light blinking.
How to Fix Haier TV Remote not Working
Common reasons why your TV remote may not work include dirty buttons, possibly non-working batteries, remote control problems, and shop mode functionality.
Therefore, below are the steps to take to fix the Haier TV remote not working at home.
Replace the Remote Batteries
Check whether the remote batteries are working i.e. check whether the remote batteries are still good. Just in case the batteries are no longer good, just change them with new quality high batteries.
After you have replaced the batteries, try pointing it at your TV and hitting the power button. If the TV comes on, then the remote is fixed.
Move the Interference Blocking the Remote-Control Display
Check whether the remote-control display is blocked by interference. If it is that the remote control is blocked by interference, do well to move the interference from the remote control.
You have to ensure that the area where you are using your TV remote is free from objects that could interfere with beams when trying to control the TV.
Set the TV mode
If your TV is in “shop mode”, some pop menu will always appear which may not allow you to use remote control; all you have to do is press the “Exit” button, then set the TV back to home mode.
Clean remote control sensor lens
It is possible that the remote sensor on the Haier TV itself is already covered with dust. You can therefore go-ahead to clean the remote control sensor lens on your TV.
It is even important to constantly clean the sensor lens. It must always be free of dust or any object that may be covering it else the remote control might stop working.
Reset your TV
Turn off your television. Go ahead to pull the power plug from the TV’s electrical wall socket gently.
This turns the TV off and clears any fault that may have caused the remote to malfunction or not to work. Reconnect the TV power cord after 5 minutes.
Check to see if you can use the TV remote control to turn the TV back on. The problem is solved if the television turns on and you now have a working remote.
If your Haier TV doesn’t turn back on with the TV remote, hit the little power button on the TV itself. Test the volume buttons on the TV remote once more.
Haier TV Remote Control App Problems
The Haier TV remote control app, although not the official Haier remote app is designed to give Haier users a better experience. The app can generally be used with all models of Haier TV. For you to use this app, your phone needs to have an infrared sensor. Features of the remote control app include:
- It is available for both IOS and Android devices
- Great user interface
- You can use your voice to control your TV
- Easy installation
There are some issues associated also with using a Haier TV remote control app which may result in the remote app not working properly. Three important and common issues are highlighted below including the necessary troubleshooting steps to take.
The Remote control app is flagging a loading/ connection error
There are a few circumstances that can lead to a load issue in a mobile app.
- It’s possible that the Haier TV Remote Control app server is down, which is generating a loading problem. You will have to be patient and try after a few moments.
- Your mobile data or wifi connection is not operating properly. Make sure you double-check your internet connection.
- There are too many people using the app at the same moment. You will have to exercise patience and try again after a few moments.
If you are having issues logging in or accessing your remote control app account, try the following steps
- It is possible that the Haier TV remote server is down, which is causing the login/ account difficulty. After a few minutes, please try logging in again.
- It’s also possible that your mobile data/WIFI connection is not working properly. If this is the case, try to check your internet connection again.
- It is very much possible that you are attempting to log in with incorrect credentials. Please double-check to ascertain that the information you are entering is correct.
- If you are logging in with a third-party social media network such as Google, Twitter or Facebook, make sure the service is up and running by visiting their official website. Your account may be suspended or possibly deleted as of a result of your actions. Please make sure you examine the error messages carefully.
Blank Screen Issue
One of the common issues with the Android operating system is the blank screen or black and white screen. There are a few options for resolving this issue.
- The majority of the time, it is just a temporary loading issue. All you have to do is go to your phone’s recent applications menu, then close the app. Restart the app now, it should function properly.
- Perform a hard reset on your android phone. For up to 10 seconds, press and hold the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time. Then press and hold “Power” while releasing the buttons until the screen turns on. Try opening the remote control app now, it should work fine.
Controlling Your TV Without a Remote
If you have tried any of the above troubleshooting steps and the remote is still not working or you are unable to use the app, there is no cause for alarm, you can actually still program or control your TV using the buttons on the TV itself while you repeat the necessary troubleshooting process again. Take the following steps:
- Read through the manuals of the TV if you still have them.
- Check if your TV has a visible power button, volume buttons and other control buttons.
- Do well to check the left- and right-hand sides of your TV. (Most TVs have their buttons located either at the left- and right-hand sides and the top).
Finally, when you have tried troubleshooting and the remote doesn’t still work, it is best to contact the customer service unit of the manufacturer or distributor or call in your technician.
Or better still, get a universal remote or buy a new remote for your Haier TV to put an end to the Haier TV remote not working once and for all.