In this guide, we will show you how to fix all 4 not working on Firestick.
All 4 is a highly popular streaming service in the United Kingdom, offering a diverse range of TV shows, box sets, movies, and other content.
The All 4 app on Firestick provides access to this content at your convenience, allowing you to enjoy your Favorite shows and movies from the comfort of your home.
However, like all apps, it’s not uncommon to encounter issues with the All 4 app from time to time.
The most common issues faced by users include:
- App crashes
- Playback errors
- Audio distortion errors
- Freezing or buffering
- error codes popping up while launching the application.
These issues can be frustrating, especially when you’re looking forward to watching your favourite shows or movies.
Fortunately, these issues are quite common and can be resolved without too much trouble if you go through the simple troubleshooting techniques in this article.
Below, I’ll be delving into 10 different troubleshooting steps you can take when All 4 channel begins to malfunction.
Why All 4 are not working on Firestick
There are a series of reasons why your All 4 channel is malfunctioning and below, we will be delving into all the possible reasons why your All 4 app on your Firestick is malfunctioning before talking about the troubleshooting steps required to resolve it.
- Server down issue on all four websites
- Technical glitches, errors, and bugs on Firestick
- Corrupted app caches and data files
- Using an outdated version of the All 4 app
- Outdated Firestick Firmware OS
- expired subscription plan
- poor and sluggish internet connection
How to Fix All 4 Not Working on Firestick
Just like any other streaming app, all 4 may encounter issues while using it on the Firestick. Some common issues include app crashes, playback errors, buffering, and more as mentioned above.
Since you’ve come here to figure this out, we will show you how to troubleshoot all 4 not working on Firestick.
1. Internet Connection Issue
In a scenario where you encounter buffering issues or experience slowness while using All 4 on Firestick, the initial troubleshooting step is to check your internet connection.
Here is the thing: Channel 4 needs a bandwidth of at least 3 Mbps to stream content in standard definition.
So, if multiple devices are connected to the same network, it requires higher bandwidth to stream the content smoothly.
To resolve the buffering and slowness issues, try unplugging your WiFi router for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
Additionally, disconnect all other devices connected to your WiFi and connect only with your Firestick device.
Once you are connected, launch the All 4 application and start streaming. Doing this alone would help optimize your internet connection and improve streaming performance on all four.
2. Firestick Overheating
If you’ve been using your Firestick device for extended periods without a break, it may become overworked, leading to issues like videos pausing or stopping during streaming, crashes, and other problems.
But then, you can limit these problems by restarting your Firestick device.
Follow the steps below to restart your Firestick:
- Begin using your Firestick device and press the Home button on your Firestick remote.
- Access the Settings option.
- Select the “My Fire TV” choice within the settings tile.
- Press Restart under the “Fire TV option.
- Select the Restart option on the pop-up window. When the Firestick device has restarted completely, open the All 4 application and attempt to stream it.
3. Outdated Firestick OS
If you’re experiencing issues launching applications on your Firestick, it may be because you’re using an outdated version of Firestick OS.
An outdated operating system can prevent your Firestick from functioning properly and cause problems while using applications.
But then, you can avoid this by ensuring that your Firestick is up-to-date with the latest software version.
If you suspect that your Firestick requires an update, it’s recommended to update it immediately to avoid any further issues.
Having said that, here are the steps you should follow to update your Firestick TV.
- Go to the Settings option on the Firestick home page.
- Select the My Fire TV option from the Settings menu.
- Access the About option from My Fire TV.
- Select the “Check for Updates” option.
- If an update is available, update the Firestick to the latest operating system and open all four applications.
4. All 4 Channel Server Down
In a scenario like this, consider trying to launch the All 4 app on other devices available in your home, such as a smartphone.
If the app doesn’t work on those devices either, it could be due to maintenance on the main server.
Here is the thing: All four service providers often conduct system updates to add new features or remove unwanted ones. If this is the case, you will need to wait patiently for them to resolve the issue.
5. Multiple App Caches
Clearing the cache stored on your device is a common method to maintain the smooth functioning of your device and applications. This process can be helpful when you are trying to resolve issues with all 4 not working on Firestick.
Clearing the cache will help to remove any unnecessary data stored on the device, which can lead to slowing down or crashing applications.
To clear the cache on the Firestick, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Plug the Firestick into a regular Wi-Fi connection and press the Home Button on the Firestick remote.
- Go to the settings.
- Choose the application icon from the list of settings.
- Select Managed Installed Applications from the Application menu.
- Select all four apps from the list of applications that appear on the Firestick.
- Select Clear Cache to clear all stored data from the app’s memory.
6. Update you All 4 Channel 4
To ensure the smooth functioning of the All 4 application while also minimizing security risks, a software update is required.
You can update the software either manually or automatically, following the steps outlined below.
Below, we’ll be delving into how to update it automatically before going into the manual processes.
How to Activate an Automatic Software Update
- Navigate to the Settings option on the Firestick home screen.
- Select the Appstore from the Settings menu.
- Go to Automatic Updates in the App Store and switch it on.
- The Firestick device will automatically update any applications with available updates.
How to Perform a Manual Software Update
- Go to the home page of your Firestick device and select the Apps section.
- From the Apps & Channels tab, search for the Channel 4 app and open it.
- Review the app description page to see if there is an update option. If so, click on the Update icon.
- Wait until the update has finished installing, then select the Open button to ensure the app is working properly.
7. Content not available at the current location
The Channel 4 application is only available within the geographical boundaries of the United Kingdom.
If you attempt to stream the application outside of the UK, an error message “content not available in your current location” will appear, indicating that the application is geo-restricted.
In order to overcome this restriction, one can use a reliable virtual private network (VPN) like Express VPN, which will allow you to bypass the geographic block and access the application’s content from anywhere in the world.
8. Wi-Fi Router Distance from Firestick Device
If your WiFi router is located far away from your Firestick device, it can result in reduced signal strength, which can ultimately impact the performance of your All 4 application.
You may experience slow streaming or buffering while trying to stream videos on the application.
In order to resolve this issue, it is recommended to bring the WiFi router closer to the Firestick device.
By moving the router closer to the Firestick device, you can improve the signal strength and minimize any potential interference that may be causing the issue.
This, in turn, will enhance the overall performance of your All 4 application and provide a better streaming experience.
9. Reinstall All 4 Channel Application
If you have tried all the previously mentioned troubleshooting methods and still experience issues with your All 4 applications, it may be necessary to uninstall and reinstall them. This can be done by following the steps below.
- Use your Firestick remote to press the Home button and select the Settings option.
- Select the Applications tile.
- Find managed installed applications.
- Scroll through the list shown on your Firestick screen until you locate the All 4 app.
- Select the “Uninstall” option.
- After the app has been removed, return to the Firestick home screen and search for the All 4 app. Then, install the application on your device.
10. Factory Rest your Firestick TV
As a last resort, resetting your Fire Stick to its factory settings can help resolve persistent issues.
You can restore your Fire Stick to its original settings by navigating to “Settings” > “My Fire TV” > “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
This will essentially return the Fire Stick to its initial state as it was when you first took it out of the box.
All 4 Apps not Working Andriod
If your All 4 App is not working on Android, the troubleshooting procedures listed above also work with the location you are accessing it from.
So you should go over the steps above if the iOS or Android app for channel 4 is malfunctioning.
Recommended: How to Reset a Firestick
Can you Fet all Four on the Firestick?
Yes, all four are available on the Amazon Firestick. All you have to do is download and install All 4 application on your Firestick device from the Amazon Appstore.
Afterwards, Simply search for “All 4” in the Appstore search bar, and once you have located the application, select “Get” or “Download” to install it on your device.
Once you’ve installed it, you will need to launch the All 4 application and sign in with your All 4 account details, or create a new account if you don’t already have one.
Once you have signed in, you will be able to access and stream the content available on the All 4 application on your Firestick device.
By following this guide on “how to fix All 4 not working on Firestick”, you can effectively troubleshoot and fix issues with the All 4 application on Firestick.
Additionally, It’s important to keep your Firestick device and the All 4 application updated and to ensure that your Wi-Fi connection is stable in order to ensure the best possible streaming experience.
If you continue to experience issues, you may need to seek further assistance from customer support or a technical professional.