Facebook maintains its dominance in the social media sphere with millions of users every minute that use the Facebook app to share, update and communicate with their online friends, however, you don’t need to keep signing in every time you want to use the social media with the one-time sign in option but there is also a downside to the option once the session expires. So, in this article, we will consider Facebook keeps logging me out saying session expired Android.
When you are going through the Facebook Feed, Facebook may occasionally log you out by saying the session expired and would prompt you to log in again. This problem can be caused by an in-app error or by other external sources.
If this is a glitch, then, it can only be fixed by Facebook developers. And it would sometimes be a global error. But hardly would this happen from the Facebook end.
However, when Facebook keeps logging me out saying session expired Android users, the first attempt to fix this is to retype your Facebook password and user and click on the login.
In most cases, an expired session on Facebook has nothing to do with hackers or your Facebook account has been compromised.
So in this article, we will consider how to fix Facebook keeps logging me out saying session expired.
Whenever I go on Facebook from my Phone it Keeps Logging me Out when I Try to Look at my Messages
While Facebook logging me out from my account isn’t a sign that my Facebook account has been hacked or compromised, it’s a message that you need to resign into your Facebook account with your login password and username. In most cases, when you experienced Facebook keep logging you out it may be because you cleared the Facebook app cache or you deleted the Facebook cookies used in logging you to your Facebook account automatically without your username and password.
So, when you experienced whenever I go on Facebook from my phone it keeps logging me out when I try to look at my messages, all you have to do is to re-sign into your Facebook account with your username and password. However, if this doesn’t fix it, you can read through this article to understand why Facebook keeps logging you out of your account and how you can fix it.
Why my Facebook Keeps Logging me Out?
There are various reasons why Facebook could kick you out of your account without informing you. Some of the popular reasons include but not limited to the following.
- Outdated Facebook app.
- Corrupted cache and cookies data
- Third-party applications and websites
- System glitches
- Problematic browser extensions
- Multiple devices are logged in at the same time.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) Use
- Bugs in the application
- Facebook Server Downtime
How to Fix Facebook Keeps Logging Me Out
We stated some of the possible reasons why Facebook keeps logging you out of your Facebook account. However, you may be experiencing this glitch if you fall under one of them reasons. So, here, we will consider how to fix your Facebook keeps logging you out by addressing the reasons.
Change your Facebook Password
If you are being logged out of Facebook at random, the first thing you should do is change your password right away. This will protect your account from illegal access and prevent Facebook from logging you out due to several logins at the same time.
Therefore, you can change your Facebook account password by following the steps below.
- Go to Facebook.com
- Click on “Forgot Password.”
- Type your “Email Address or Phone Number” and click on the “Search” button.
- Click on the”Continue” button to proceed if the email address associated with the Facebook account is your email to allow Facebook to send a verification code to your associated email address or phone number.
- Type the “Facebook” verification code and click on the “Continue” button.
- Type a new password and click on the “Continue” button.
Now, sign in with the new password to see if Facebook will log you out again. If it doesn’t then you are good. But if it does, be surreal to try the following tips
Turn on Facebook Auto Login
Many Facebook problems may be solved with auto-login. Once you enable this feature, Facebook will no longer log you out every time you leave. You may also effortlessly connect to your account without having to input your details every time you visit Facebook in your web browser. To see if this option is enabled, do the following:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- Click on your “Facebook Profile.”
- Click on “Settings & Privacy >> Settings.”
- Click on “Password & Security” under “Account Center.”
- Under “Account Settings” click on “Password & Security.”
- Click on “Saved Login” under “Login & Recovery.”
- Click on “Save Your Login Info.”
- You will see “Save Login” turned on.
With the steps above you will be able to log into your Facebook account with your password.
Clear Facebook Cache and Data
Clearing your phone or browser cache can also fix facebook keeps logging me out saying session expired android. Therefore, we will consider how to clear Facebook app cache on different devices below.
- Open your Settings.
- Tap the Apps button.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the Facebook app.
- Select the Storage option.
- Tap the Clear Cache and Clear Data options to clear the cache and data, respectively.
- Offload your Facebook app to remove the cache on the iPhone.
- Note that offloading does not remove the app from the phone; the documents and data are still present.
- The cache data, on the other hand, is deleted.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Choose the General option.
- Select iPhone Storage.
- Select the Facebook app.
- Choose Offload App from the menu.
- Reinstall the Facebook app once again.
In the Chrome Browser
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- In the upper right corner of your screen, select the three-dot menu.
- Move your cursor to More Tools and choose Clear browsing data.
- Select All Time from the Time Range drop-down menu.
- Select the Cached pictures and files checkbox.
- Choose the Clear Data option.
On Safari Browser
- Open Finder and go to the top of your Mac’s screen.
- Choose Go to Folder.
- Input ~/Library/Caches/Safari and press Enter.
- Now, select all of the cache files, right-click on your mouse, and choose Move to Trash.
Update Facebook App
One of the most common causes for your Facebook to continually log you out is because your app is out of date. If you update your app, this issue will be resolved. Follow the steps below to update the Facebook app:
- Open the Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iPhone).
- Search for Facebook.
- On the right side of Facebook, tap the Update button.
- If you see the option Open rather than Update, then it means your Facebook app is up to date.
That’s it! This should fix Facebook keeps logging me out issue, but if it doesn’t you can proceed to the next fix below.
Delete Browser Cache and Cookies
\When you visit Facebook via your browser, certain sites track your activities using cookies. These cookies can occasionally disrupt Facebook’s smooth operation and create logging troubles. To fix the issue, remove these cookies and site data:
Using Google Chrome
- Launch your browser and select the three dots symbol.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Privacy and Security option.
- Select Cookies and other site data.
- Choose the Option to view all site data and permissions
- Finally, select the Clear all data option.
- Launch your Safari browser.
- At the top of your Mac screen, select the Safari menu.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Privacy option.
- Select the Manage Website Data option.
- Select the Remove All option.
- On the confirmation box, select the Remove Immediately option.
Disable Browser Extensions
Using third-party extensions makes our browsing experience easier. Some extensions, however, may interfere with the Facebook logging process and cause problems.
You can determine whether the extensions are the true source of the Facebook logging-out problem. You may do this by accessing your Facebook account using your browser’s incognito mode.
If the logging-out problem persists, this indicates that the extensions are most likely to blame. As a result, disabling the extensions may help you in fixing the issue. Follow the steps below:
On Google Chrome
- Navigate to your Chrome Browser.
- Tap the three dots menu at the top right corner of your screen
- Select Settings.
- Click on the Extensions option
Follow these steps to Remove the Extensions:
- Tap on the Remove option
- Choose the Remove option on the confirmation box.
To disable Extensions, follow these steps:
- Turn off the extensions.
- Open your Safari app.
- Tap on the Safari menu at the top of your Mac screen
- Select the Preferences option
- Choose the Extensions section
To Remove the Extensions,
- Choose the Extension and click on Uninstall option.
- Choose the Show in Folder option on the confirmation box.
- You will be redirected to the Application, then select and drag the extension on Trash.
To Disable the Extensions,
- Tap on the check box beside the extensions.
Remove Third-party App Access from Facebook
Your Facebook account may be linked to several third-party apps or websites at times. These apps and websites might create problems interfering with your Facebook account. To fix this, you may either disable or uninstall the applications and website separately. Follow the steps below:
- In the top right (Android/Browser) or bottom right (iPhone) corner of your screen, click on the Profile symbol.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Select the Settings option.
- On the browser, Select Security and Logins.
- Go to the Security section on Android or iPhone.
- Select Apps and websites from the Security section.
Follow the steps below to remove third-party access:
- Click on the applications and select the Remove option, then select Remove again when prompted.
To disable third-party access, follow these steps:
- Scroll to the Preferences section.
- Next to Apps, websites, and games, choose to Turn off.
- On the confirmation box, click Turn off.
That’s it! This should help fix Facebook keeps logging me out problem.
Reinstall Facebook App
To fix Facebook keeps logging me out, you may alternatively uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app. To remove Facebook from your computer:
- Locate the Facebook app on the screen of your smartphone.
- Press and hold the app until a dialogue box appears.
- Uninstall Facebook by selecting the Uninstall option.
- In the confirmation window, choose OK.
To install Facebook again, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the App Store (iPhone) or the Play Store (Android).
- Search for the Facebook app and select Get (iPhone) or Install (Android).
When using a VPN, you may experience difficulties accessing some apps, such as Facebook. Disabling the VPN might help you with logging out issues.
Contact the Facebook Help Center
If everything else fails, this is the last option for fixing the logging-out problem. You may report your problem via the Facebook Help Center. Select Policies and Reporting from the left panel, then Report an issue with Facebook. Then, under the Help Centre link, click on Feedback and submit your problem to Facebook.
Getting logged out at random when using Facebook is frustrating. When this occurs repeatedly, the situation becomes more complicated. In such cases, you must understand how to fix “Facebook keeps logging me out” problem.