Are you trying to log in to FaceTime on your Mac, and you keep getting an error that says, “This account has no reachable address”? You are not the first and won’t be the last to experience this issue, as many users have complained about the exact problem. However, relax and read through this article to fix FaceTime saying no reachable address.
Facetime is a common way to video call your contacts, especially if you are an Apple user. As flexible as FaceTime is, you could still encounter some problems using it. Once you cannot sign in on Facetime, you will likely get the error message “This account has no reachable address.” You can log in to appleid.apple.com to add one.
Facetime Saying no Reachable Address
This issue of no reachable address on FaceTime usually pops up when there is no email ID to which the Apple ID can be linked. This also occurs when you recently changed your Apple ID. Always check if there is an associated email to your Apple ID by navigating to appleid.apple.com and logging on to your Apple ID there.
If this error message persists, relax! This post has provided several ways by which you can fix the issue of FaceTime saying no reachable address. Before you start the fixing process, ensure that you restart your Mac at least once since restarting your Mac may fix the issue as it does in most cases.
This message prevents you from signing in to the app, making it impossible to use it for video calls. Once you are done trying these steps, you can go ahead to open FaceTime and try to log in again to see if the issue has been fixed!
Note: These steps have been arranged orderly so ensure you followed them accordingly.
How to add a reachable address to my Apple ID?
In case you need to add a reachable address to your Apple ID if FaceTime keeps saying no reachable address. Follow the steps below to add another email address:
- Log in to appleid.apple.com.
- Choose Personal Information.
- Tap on edit in the Account section.
- Select Reachable At, then click on the Add More button.
- Input your additional Email address.
- You will receive a Verification message at that address.
- Finally, enter the verification code and tap on Verify.
That’s all! You have successfully added a reachable address to your Apple ID.
How to fix FaceTime saying no Reachable Address
If after restarting your Mac due to some bug, you are still getting the “FaceTime saying no reachable address” error message, then you can try the following troubleshooting steps below:
Update your Mac
The first step to resolving this issue is to update your computer to the most recent version of macOS. This will allow you to install the latest software updates in case there are any. Updating macOS will also update FaceTime simultaneously since the FaceTime app is part of the macOS software. Below are steps on how you can check for updates and then update your device:
- Are you using macOS Mojave or the later version? If yes, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Apple Menu >> System Preferences >> Software Update.
- In case there is an available update, go ahead to follow the instructions.
- Are you using macOS High Sierra or an earlier version? If yes, follow the steps below.
- Open the Apple Store app on your Mac and tap on Updates.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Mac to fix FaceTime saying no reachable address issue.
Check the System status.
Another way to fix Facetime saying no reachable address is by checking the system status as the Apple service may be down. Although it doesn’t happen frequently, it can still happen. Follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Apple’s System Status page (the direct link) to check if there’s an outage for the FaceTime service.
- To ascertain this, go to the direct link and check if there is a green dot next to the Facetime service.
- If you can’t see any green dot, the problem is basically from Apple’s end and will be fixed soon.
- However, if there is a green signal next to Apple’s service, it is up and functional, and you can move on to the next fix.
From time to time, Apple performs maintenance or runs upgrades which may, in turn, temporarily interfere with services like FaceTime or Apple ID.
If you find yourself in this case, then there is little you can do about than to wait patiently till Apple resolves the issue.
Set the Date and Time accurately
For the Facetime saying no reachable address issue to be resolved, you must ensure that your Mac’s date and time settings are accurate for your time zone. Here is how to set your date and time correctly:
- Tap on the Apple Menu located at the top-left corner of the screen on your Mac.
- Navigate to System Preferences, then select Date & Time.
- Tap on the Date & Time tab.
- Go under the Time Zone and enable the option “Set date and time automatically” by check-marking the box while using the current location.
Once the date and time are wrong, you need to update them. You may need to tap the lock icon to unlock and make necessary changes.
Reset NVRAM or PRAM
To fix FaceTime saying no reachable address on your Mac, you can reset NVRAM or PRAM. This involves a straightforward process. Follow the steps below:
- Switch off your Mac.
- Please find the following keys (but DON’T press them yet): Option, Command, P, and R.
- Power on your Mac and long-press on these four keys immediately and concurrently.
- Continue holding these keys for about 20 seconds.
- Finally, release the keys. Then, your Mac will appear to be restarting.
That’s about resetting NVRAM or PRAM; this should help fix FaceTime saying no reachable address on your Mac. Peradventure, it doesn’t; you can proceed to the next fix below.
Change your Apple ID
Did you change your Apple ID email or password recently? Note that you can change your Apple ID email or password whenever possible. In case you changed your Apple ID recently, you can go ahead to follow the steps below:
- Open FaceTime on your Ma.
- From the top Menu bar, navigate to FaceTime >> Preferences.
- Verify to see if you have been logged out; in case you have, you can input your new Apple ID and password.
- In case you are still logged in, tap on Sign Out.
- Then, finally, sign in with your updated Apple ID or password.
That’s all about changing your Apple ID. Now, the FaceTime saying no reachable address has been fixed! If not, try the next fix.
Check if appleid.apple.com is Accessible.
If the error message persists, navigate to the Apple ID website and make sure you can log in. In addition, be sure to have an email address displayed under the Reachable section of the Apple ID website. Follow the steps below carefully:
- On your Mac, open Safari and go to appleid.apple.com. (If you can’t sign in, check the System Status page first, and if there are no issues, then you may need to locate your Apple ID (in case you forgot or reset your password).
- Log in with your correct Apple ID and password.
- Locate the “Reachable at” in the Account section.
- Can you see your Apple ID email there? If not, tap the Edit button.
- Finally, click on the Add More button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions that follow carefully.
The fixes mentioned above are ways by which you can stop FaceTime saying no reachable address error on your Mac. I hope the FaceTime saying no reachable address error message has stopped shoeing on your Mac. Please drop your comment and let us know which of the fixes solved your issue in the section below.