Are you already balanced on your couch for evening relaxation and you just realized that your Insignia TV remote is not responding to any function pressed on it? If yes, I quite understand the feeling of frustration and stress of having to repair it before you can access some functions on your TV. Anyway, this article will help fix Insignia TV remote not working in just a jiffy.
To be certain that your remote control is not faulty, you can try removing the batteries from your remote first for about 2 to 3 minutes, tap on all of its buttons and replace the old batteries with new ones. This might look too simple to fix the issue of Insignia TV remote not working, but it certainly solves some of them.
However, if the problem persists, your TV might likely need repairs or you can as well reset your TV to re-establish the connection between the TV and the remote control. Also, check to ensure that the batteries are still in good condition.
Read on to fix your Insignia TV remote not working issues all by yourself.
Why is my Insignia TV Remote not Working?
Solutions will be provided to the reasons why your Insignia TV remote won’t work in this post, but first, you need to understand why your Insignia TV remote not working.
Here’s a list of all the things that could be wrong with your remote:
- You need to reset your TV and it’s not connected to the Insignia remote.
- Your Insignia remote needs to be repaired to your smart TV.
- The remote has dropped too many times and a major compartment has been broken inside.
- Something might be obstructing your TV’s receiver, therefore the remote can’t send a signal to the TV.
- The Insignia TV remote’s batteries are disconnected or dead.
- Water has gotten inside the remote and damaged sensitive parts.
- Your remote might have been exposed to high heat, damaging the electronics inside.
Once you’ve discovered the reason why your Insignia TV remote not working, then it’s easier to find a final solution to it.
Insignia TV Remote App
- TV Remote for Insignia: To access this app from Mobile Tools Shop, your Android mobile or tablet needs to have a built-in IR (Infra-Red) Blaster because this remote requires an infra-red blaster. TV Remote for Insignia is a remote control application that requires Android 4.2 and above. It’s not compatible with many models and doesn’t provide any support. This app enables you to control your Insignia TV via your smartphone or tablet. Once your TV and Android device are connected to the same WiFi network, it will work effectively.
- Remote Control for Insignia: Although this app is not the official Insignia app. It was majorly designed with caution to try and bring Insignia users an overall better experience. The app requires iOS 12.1 and above.
How do you Test if a Remote is Working?
- Long-press on one of the buttons on the remote control.
- Scan the viewfinder or LCD screen.
- If the remote sends a signal, a light will blink in the viewfinder or cellphone screen once you press buttons on the remote control.
After performing the simple steps above, you will be able to know if your remote is working or not.
How do I Control my Insignia TV without a Remote?
- Tilt your TV a little to see the functions of each button.
- In case your TV is mounted on the wall, this might be a bit difficult.
- You can as well press all the buttons, one at a time to see what they do!
This is one way you can control your Insignia TV without a remote.
Does the Insignia TV have a Reset Button?
Insignia TV Remote Reset
This may look too easy to be true, but it fixes problems more often than you think. To rest Insignia TV remote, follow the steps below:
- Open the battery compartment cover and take the batteries out of the remote.
- Long-press the power button and wait for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Place the batteries back in and close the battery compartment cover.
On most little electronic devices like remotes, these steps have the effect of a simple reset. Although there is no guarantee that it will work, in case it does, you will be glad you gave it a try instead of buying a new remote.
Recommended: How to Reset Samsung Smart TV Remote
How to Fix Insignia TV Remote Sensor not Working
There are several ways you can fix Insignia TV remote sensor not working. Simple dirt on your remote sensor could cause a bad signal or even prevent it from working at all. You can try these technical methods below to fix the problem:
- Power cycling the Insignia TV.
- Clean the sensor of your Insignia TV.
Power Cycling the Insignia TV
When you recycle your entire TV, your problem may be solved.
- Disconnect the TV from its power outlet.
- Long-press on the Power button for about 60 seconds.
- Release the Power button.
- Now, check the remote with your TV.
Clean the Sensor of your Insignia TV
Ensure you make it a habit to clean the sensor of your TV every two weeks.
- If the sensor is covered with dirt, it may not properly receive the signal from the remote.
- Therefore, clean the sensor and try connecting your remote with your TV again.
Here are the two best ways to fix your Insignia TV remote that is not working. You must ensure that no object is blocking the signal from the remote to your TV.
In case your remote is physically damaged, then you can buy a new remote. Any of these fixes will work for both the Insignia Roku TV remote and the Fire TV remote.
Insignia Remote for Samsung TV not Working
- Ensure the remote button is pressed and held for at least 30 seconds. This is essential because the LED will blink only twice if the button is pressed for less than 30 seconds.
- If you can’t locate this button, you can try long-pressing the power button (This should reconnect your Insignia and Samsung TV devices).
- Turn on your Insignia remote and ensure it is not in standby mode.
- Tap the red and blue buttons on your Insignia remote to begin programming and wait for the POWER button to blink twice.
- Continue to press these buttons until the TV turns off.
If this fix does not work, then it’s time to change the batteries of your remote or it may be due to a malfunction in the device. You can as well try programming other buttons on the remote, however, this will not work on a Samsung TV.
To make the remote respond to the TV, it must have an infrared tip on the front. If this signal is not being transmitted from the front tip of the remote, it is possible that the TV will not respond to the remote. To fix this issue,
- Press the Back and Up buttons simultaneously for about 10 to 20 seconds, then the TV should pair with the remote.
In case the problem still persists, try replacing the Samsung remote. Also, if you can’t fix the problem yourself, you can buy a new one from your local electronics store for about $10.
If the remote still won’t work, you can as well try removing the batteries and reconnecting them again. If replacing the Samsung remote does not solve the issue, you may need to contact Samsung support. This step should fix the Insignia TV remote not working too.
Reset Insignia TV Remote not Working
Here is how to reset Insignia TV Remote not working. Try resetting the remote by following the steps below:
- Long-press on the Home button continuously.
- Tap on the Menu button thrice as you hold the Home button.
- Release the Home button.
- Click on the Menu button nine times.
- Take out all the batteries from the remote.
- Try disconnecting the TV from the power outlet for a minute.
This should fix the Insignia Tv remote not working easily.
Can I use my phone as a remote for Insignia Fire TV?
How to pair Insignia Remote to TV
At times you might experience a sudden halt when your Insignia remote stops working because it stopped pairing correctly with your TV. If this is the case, you might need to pair your remote to get back on track.
Here are three various ways to re-pair your Insignia remote to TV:
- If it’s an “enhanced” Insignia remote you have, remove the back of the remote and below the batteries, you should see a pairing button.
- Long-press on that pair button and this should reconnect to your TV.
- In case you don’t have a pairing button, try long-pressing the home button on the remote for 30 seconds.
- Ensure you are pointing the remote directly at your TV and holding the button down for the complete 30 seconds!
If none of these options above worked, try long-pressing the back button, the left navigation button, and the menu button at the same time for 30 seconds. Ensure you are pointing your remote at the TV again.
- Long-press the Home button.
- Release the Home button.
- Tap the Menu button 9 times.
- Take the batteries out from your remote.
- Disconnect your Fire TV and wait for a minute.
- Place the batteries back into your remote, and plug in your Fire TV.
- Once the Home screen appears, long-press the Home button.
Now, your Insignia remote must have been paired to your TV.
How to Fix Insignia Remote Volume not working
To fix Insignia remote volume not working, here is a list of quick fixes to use once your Insignia Fire TV remote or Roku TV remote volume is not working.
- Replace the batteries on the remote.
- Reset the remote.
- Re-pair the Insignia remote.
- Power cycle the remote.
- Check for obstacles
- Try using a third-party remote
- Factory reset your Insignia Smart TV
- Contact the customer support
Any of this will help you fix Insignia TV remote volume not working.
Will a universal remote work on an Insignia TV?
How long does a TV remote last?
Which phones can be used as TV remote?
Interestingly, there are a few phones that can be used as TV remote. Roku TV, Insignia, and Amazon Fire TV each have their own mobile app that lets you control your TV from your phone. These applications are available for both iOS and Android/Google Play Store.
All you need to do is download the app and ensure both your phone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
This is for you especially if you don’t want to spend extra money on a new remote or you need the remote urgently and you can’t wait for a new replacement remote!
Below are some phones that you can use to control your TV:
- HTC One (M8)
- HTC One Max.
- LG G3.
- LG G Pro 2.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Sony Xperia ZL.
This article must have helped you fix the problem of the Insignia TV remote not working. Kindly drop your comment in the section below, let’s know which of the methods worked for you.