Error codes are made to tell you more about certain occurrences when you are using a particular service. And that is what the Paramount plug error code 124 does. The error code 124 on Paramount plus pop-up to tell you something is wrong with the streaming services.
So, in this article, we will discuss all you need to know about the error code 124 on Paramount plus and how to possibly prevent it from occurring in the future. But then, let’s start with what is Paramount plus error code 124.
What is Error Code 124 on Paramount Plus
The paramount plus error code 124 isn’t an internal problem that has to be resolved by the Paramount plus team. However, the error code 124 occurs when you are trying to stream your favourite Paramount Plus content but run into a problem with your browser which occurs as a result of a blank page.
Recommended: What is About:Blank
You will not be able to stream further when you see the error code 124 on your Paramount channel. So, to continue with your streaming you’d need to fix the Paramount plus error code 124.
Note: How to fix error code 124 on Paramount plus isn’t something tedious but you may have to perform more than a single task before you can completely fix the task.
How to Fix Paramount Plus Error Code 124
There are a few methods you can adopt to troubleshoot the error code 124 on Paramount plus. If the first didn’t work, try the next until you attempt all the suggested methods to have your with the error code 124 on your Paramount plus channel.
Check your Internet Speed
The first attempt to troubleshoot Paramount plus error code 124 is to check whether there is a problem with your internet speed. If your internet speed is low it could cause the streaming service to return a blank page leading to error code 124.
With a simple Google search “What is my internet speed,” you can find out whether the error code 124 occurred before your internet speed is poor or the download speed is ridiculous.
On the contrary, you can use some of the known standalone websites’ internet download speed to confirm the state of your internet connection before you conclude that the Paramount plus error code is not a network problem.
- Open your browser and go to www.fast.com
Hang on to see your internet download speed. If it’s in kilobyte then the problem could be with your internet. But if the internet speed is good then you may want to try the next troubleshooting tips.
Restart your Device
It depends on the device that you are using though but all devices can be restarted. Meanwhile, try to save all opened files if you have unsaved files so that you will not lose your work to restart the device.
How to Restart a Phone
If you are using a smartphone to stream on your Paramount plus account then proceed with the steps below to restart the device.
- Press the power button.
- Choose “Restart” or “Reboot.”
Wait for the device to come up again and try to see whether the error code 124 no longer occurs on the Paramount plus channel.
How to Restart Windows
There are three ways to restart a Windows computer. All the ways work similarly. All you have to do is to choose whichever method that you prefer.
Restart with the Power Button
The following steps guide you through how to restart your Windows computer using the power button.
- Hover your mouse pointer to the Microsoft Windows logo.
- Click on the “Power” button.
- Choose “Restart.”
The computer will be restarted and all unsaved files will be erased.
Restart with Keyboard
Another way to restart your Windows computer is using your computer’s keyboard. It’s short and precise. Just follow the steps below to complete this.
- Press “CTRL + ALT + DELETE.”
- Choose the “Restart” button to the bottom right.
Follow the instruction on the screen to restart your PC and open the Paramount plus page to see whether the error code 124 repeats itself again.
Restart with the Power Button
You can use your computer’s power button to restart it. Although, this isn’t recommended you can beckon on this if neither of the methods to restart your computer above works.
- Locate your windows computer power button.
- Press and hold the “Power” button to shut down the system.
- Wait until the PC fan stops rolling completely.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and turn on the PC again.
Recommended: How to Restart Mac Computer.
Clear Browser Cache
Another possible troubleshooting tip we also recommend to explore when you are seeing error coder 124 on your Paramount plus is to clear your browser cache.
Therefore, for this sake and in other to know how to fix Paramount plus error code 124 we will discuss how to clear the cache on the following browsers.
- Click on the “Tools Menu.”
- Choose “History.”
- Choose “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Select “Time Range” and set to “All Time.”
- Check “Cookies and other site data and Cached images files.”
- Choose “Clear Data.”
- Click on the browser’s “Tools” bar.
- Choose “Options” from the drop menu.
- Click on “Privacy & Security.”
- Choose “Cookies and Site Data.”
- Click on “Clear Data.”
- Select “Clear and Site Data” and “Clear Web Content.”
- Click on “Clear.”
Safari for macOS
- Click on “Safari” on your macOS top bar.
- Choose “Preferences.”
- Click on the “Privacy” tab.
- Click on “Manage Website Data.”
- Choose “Remove All.”
- Select “Remove Now” from the pop.
- Click on the “Safari” menu and click on “Quit” to save changes.
Update your Paramount Plus App
We will discuss how to update your Paramount plus app across most of the supported devices as quickly as we can.
- Open your Apple apps store.
- Click on “Today” at the bottom of the screen.
- Cick on your “Profile” picture or icon.
- Locate the “Paramount Plus” and and click on the “Update” button next to it.
- Tap “Update.”
- Open the Google Play store on your phone.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon to the top right.
- Click on “Manage apps & device.”
- Click “Update Available.”
- Find and click on the “Update” button on the “Paramount +” icon.
If you are using a smart TV to streamin your favourite content on the Paramount plus platform you should consider checking whether the app is outdated or due for upgrade.
So, we decided to share with you how to update apps on your Smart TV below.
How to Update apps on Samsung smart TV
- Power on your Samsung TV
- Navigate and select “Smart Hub.”
- Select “Samsung Apps.”
- Go to “My Apps” and search for “Paramount Plus.”
- Highlight the app, press and hold the “Enter” button in your remove until a dialog box appears.
- Select “Update Apps” from the popup.
- Choose “Paramount Plus” to start updating.
How to Update apps on Android TV Box
- Plug your TV box and turn it on.
- Scroll to “Apps” and chooce “Google Play Store” to open it.
- Scroll down to “My Apps.”
- If there is any update available the top option will display it.
- Locate the “Paramount Plus” app and choose the “Update” option beside.
- Accept the permision when it’s prompted.
Once the update is completed open the Paramount plus app and go to your channel to see whether the Paramount plus error code 124 still occurs.