Have you been using your Samsung washing machine for a while now? Then you must have encountered several error codes being displayed on the display screen with different meanings. In other words, for every mistake made or for any glitches that occur on your Samsung washer, a warning is given in form of error codes that help you detect and be able to resolve the issue in no time.
In case while loading your Samsung washer, the Samsung washer DC code pops up, then it means that the wash load in it is not balanced which prevents the washer to spin correctly.
Although, fixing a Samsung DC code is quite easy as you first need to redistribute the weight of the existing load evenly by removing items to reduce the overall weight in the washer, or go further to change the suspension rods (or shock absorbers).
For more info about how you can clear the Samsung Washer DC code being displayed on your unit, ensure you follow the article to the end. Do not miss any section of the post. Read on to find out the meaning of Samsung washer DC code, the causes of Samsung washer DC code, and so on.
What is the Samsung Washer DC Code?
Several Samsung error codes have different meanings that tell you what you need to do to your washer. A Samsung washer DC code error means that the washer is not able to spin due to a load imbalance in the wash cycle.
The Samsung washer DC code indicates a balance issue during the wash cycles. In older washer models, the imbalance leads to serious vibes during the spin cycle and the DC error appears. However, on the latest washer models, the imbalance can stop the cycle and display a UE error once the system fails to resume the balance.
Once the error code DC is displayed on your Samsung washer during a cycle, the drum won’t spin, and sometimes it usually makes a beeping noise.
Why am I getting the Samsung Washer DC Code?
Here are some of the common reasons why you keep getting the Samsung washer DC code:
- The Wash load is not balanced.
- Damaged suspension rods.
- The washing machine is not leveled.
- Broken loop or lock.
- No communication between the lock system and the board.
- Malfunction of the main module.
- The washer’s shock-absorber is faulty.
How to avoid the Samsung Washer DC Code
After fixing the Samsung washer DC error code, it is recommended that you do all you can to prevent the same issue from reoccurring. Here are a few precautions to take to avoid the Samsung washer DC code:
- Ensure you know your Samsung washing machine standard and load the drum accordingly.
- For instance, if you have a 3 kg washer, you don’t need to pack the drum full to the brim, it should be 2/3 full.
- Never load the washing machine with very bulky items because once they get wet, they become heavy and double the size.
- This can overload the washer and make it lose balance.
- Load large and small items together so that the washer gets the right balance.
These precautionary measures should help prevent the Samsung washer DC code in the future.
How to fix Samsung Washer DC Code
There are several ways to fix Samsung Washer DC error code once you know the cause. Follow the steps below:
Balance the load in the washer
The very first step to take so you can clear the DC error code is to ensure that the laundry in the washer is uniformly distributed as possible. Especially when you are washing bulky and thick items like towels and duvets.
Your Samsung washer has sensors that help to monitor the weight distribution of your wash load. Once there is no even distribution, the sensors will react, which will most likely result in the DC error code being displayed on the screen. Also, never overload your washer as this will also trigger the sensors.
After you have rebalanced your wash load, check if the DC error code has disappeared. In case it has not, proceed to the next fix below.
Level the washing machine while Installing it
The next step to clear the DC error code is to ensure that your Samsung washing machine is sitting leveled on the ground. This is very essential because if it isn’t leveled, the sensors on the washing machine will react and the DC error code will be displayed on the display screen.
Follow the steps below to ensure your Samsung washer is sitting level:
- Disconnect your Samsung washer from the power source first.
- Place a bubble level on top of your Samsung washer.
- Once the bubble is not at the center of the bubble level this implies that your washer isn’t sitting level.
- However, if the bubble is at the center, then you can proceed to the next step.
- To level your Samsung washer, adjust its pegs or legs till it’s sitting level on the floor.
- Once your Samsung washer has been leveled, switch it on to check if the DC error code has disappeared.
In case it hasn’t, go ahead to the next step and see if it fixes the DC error code.
Perform a manual drain procedure
A manual drain procedure is an easy way to fix the Samsung washer DC error code. Follow the steps below:
- Go ahead to open the debris filter hatch.
- Withdraw the emergency drain tube (if applicable, depending on your model).
- Point the drain tube into a bowl, and then detach the stopper at the end of the tube.
- Dispense all of the water out.
You have successfully performed a manual drain. If this does not clear the DC code, kindly try the next fix.
Change the Suspension Rods
Although replacing the suspension rods is a low-cost and simple solution to the Samsung washer DC code. If the first three steps didn’t work for you, locate the suspension rods and change them.
Your Samsung washer is designed with suspension rods that help to absorb shocks and reduce shaking (especially during a spin cycle). Once they become faulty, your washing machine sensors will most likely think your washer is not balanced correctly and the DC error code will be displayed on the display screen.
You can easily place an order for replacement suspension rods from your parts supplier. Once you have the replacements, follow the steps below on how you can replace the defective suspension rods:
- Disconnect your Samsung washing machine or turn the circuit breaker off.
- Pull the washer a distance away from the wall.
- Remove the control panel of your washer (To do this, disengage the screws that hold it in place, then pull it out slightly and disconnect the wire harnesses that are attached to it, once you are done with that, you can remove the control panel carefully).
- After the control panel has been removed, raise the washing machine lid and secure it so it won’t move.
- Then remove the side panels to access the suspension rods.
- Once you’ve located the rods, remove them one after the other till they are all out.
- Sprinkle the new rods with silicone grease and place them into their respective positions one by one till they are all firmly in place.
- Place the side panels back on the Samsung washing machine and lower the lid.
- Now, reattach the control panel.
- Once the washer has been reassembled, switch it back on to check if it now works and the DC error code has been cleared.
However, if the DC code error has been resolved, great work! If it hasn’t, then you will need to involve a qualified technician to inspect your washer. It means this is beyond a simple DIY fix. This might cost you a few hundred dollars though, therefore be double sure that you need the technician before requesting one.
In case you prefer the service of a Samsung technician, you can visit Samsung’s support website.
Samsung Washer DC3 Error Code
The Samsung washer DC3 error code implies that the Add Door lock or unlock feature is not working properly.
Once you get a DC3 error on the display screen, you can simply switch off your washing machine, and restart the cycle again. In case the error persists, you can call this number – 1800 40 7267864 for further assistance.
How to Reset Samsung washing machine error code
Here’s how you can reset the Samsung washing machine error code. Perform a network reset by following the steps below:
- Press the Smart Control till AP displays for about 3 seconds.
- Go ahead to press Temp till OK displays for about 7 seconds.
- The display will then go back to AP.
- Switch off your Samsung washer.
- The subsequent time you try to connect something to the washer, the Wifi and network information will be refreshed and there will be no more DC error code displayed.