Although the Sanyo TV brand is not very common in the market like other brands like Samsung, LG, Hisense, Sony, and so on it has been in existence since 1949 and its headquarters is in Japan. Sanyo is well-known for producing high-quality TVs since it started. Therefore, it can be so frustrating to get stuck with a Sanyo TV Remote that suddenly stops working, making your Sanyo TV useless.
Whether your Sanyo TV remote is a brand new one or an older model, this post will walk you through how to resolve your Sanyo Remote not working problems.
Once you discover that your Sanyo TV Remote is not working, first take out the remote’s batteries and then long-press on the power button of the remote for about 30 seconds. You can as well take a small piece of neat cotton to clean the battery contacts. Wait for about 30 seconds to replace the batteries with new ones.
Why is my Sanyo TV not Responding to the Remote?
While troubleshooting your Sanyo TV remote not working, you may not know where to start. Therefore, we will give a quick overview since there are several reasons why your Sanyo TV is not responding to its remote.
- The remote control may be having low batteries which will inhibit it from connecting correctly.
- Be sure the batteries are suitably and rightly placed.
- There might be an interference with the signal.
- The remote control may not be pointing in the right direction of the TV.
- Your remote control may need to be reprogrammed.
To detect the exact issue with your Sanyo remote, it is worth trying to use it up very close, pointing the sensor directly to the front panel or simply reducing the distance between the Sanyo TV and the remote. If any of these fixes your remote issue, then it may be due to other inferring electricals in the room.
Sanyo TV Codes
There are several Sanyo TV codes under different headings like the 3 Digit Universal Remote Codes for Sanyo TV, the RCA Universal Remote 4 Digit Codes for Sanyo TV, and the RCA Universal Remote 5 Digit Codes for Sanyo TV are as follows:
Sanyo TV 3 Digit Codes
Sanyo TV 4 Digit Codes
Sanyo TV 5 Digit Codes
Universal Remote for Sanyo TV
Most universal remote controls work with smart TVs like Sanyo TV, but not all. In case you are buying a remote, it’s best to choose the one that has smart TV capabilities even if you don’t own one yet to keep covered when you eventually need it.
The good news is you can use a universal remote with any smart TV sold today. To get a replacement for your missing TV remote, you could buy a device-specific remote from your TV manufacturer, but this could be expensive but it’s unnecessary.
Sanyo Smart TV Remote
It’s possible to use a smart TV that can work with a universal remote, and it can also pair with the TV just as easily as the original remote that came with the TV. All you need to do is program your universal remote to your TV for it to be useful.
Universal remotes also provide you the same features, if not more, as the smart remote your Sanyo TV came with. In as much as your smart TV has an Infrared sensor (or whatever connection type your remote uses, like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), your universal remote should work with it without any hassle.
Sanyo TV Remote App
Sanyo TV remote has an application that allows you to control your Sanyo TV without any hassle. All you need do is point your Android device to Sanyo TV and you will be able to control it via a mobile device once you have the App downloaded and installed.
You will enjoy using Sanyo TV remote control mobile application. Also, note that this Sanyo TV remote app is supported on most Sanyo TV models.
Why is my Sanyo TV not Responding to my Remote?
When your Sanyo TV doesn’t respond to your remote, most times it’s the battery. The battery might be weak and stop working efficiently, you can try to change the batteries in the remote. In case that doesn’t fix the issue, you can try getting a universal remote from Walmart or follow the steps below if Sanyo TV is not responding to your remote:
- Perform a power reset, especially If the issue is caused by an external factor, like network service, data broadcasting, or connected devices, a power reset can simply solve it.
- For Android TV or Google TV models, simply disconnect the power cord, wait for two minutes, and then plug it back in.
- That’s it!
What do you do when your Remote won’t Change Channels?
Another issue you could encounter with your Sanyo TV remote is when it won’t change channels. When this occurs, ensure there are no obstacles between the remote and your TV. Move closer to your Sanyo TV and ensure the remote is pointed directly at the TV’s front panel. Also, ensure the batteries are installed correctly preferably new batteries. Here’s what to do when your remote won’t change channels:
- Change the batteries in your remote to new ones.
- Buy a new TV remote if it’s worn out.
- Ensure that nothing is obstructing your TV from receiving the commands you directed it from your remote.
- Be sure that the channel you want to put on is available in your current region.
- Deactivate any channel lock if possible.
- That’s it! Now, you should be able to change channels with your remote.
Sanyo TV Remote Buttons not Working
Another issue you could encounter is Sanyo TV remote buttons not working. All TV remotes tend to get worn out after being used over time due to wear and tear from friction.
This friction can cause the remote buttons to be rendered useless. If cleaning the Sanyo TV Remote buttons does not solve the problem, then it’s necessary to go ahead and first open the remote’s cover to clean the circuit board thoroughly and carefully.
Follow the steps below if your Sanyo TV Remote buttons are not working:
- Open the Sanyo TV Remote and gently pull apart the two parts of the battery cover.
- Clean the circuit board thoroughly and check again to see if all the buttons are now working properly.
You can as well fix any buttons which are not working by simply replacing them with replacement buttons or with properly sized pieces of aluminum foil in the remote holes.
Sanyo TV Remote Sensor not Working
Your Sanyo TV remote sensor might be having issues. Since most remote produces an infrared light signal that is received by your Smart TV, your TV remote sensor must be working properly.
In case this infrared light is not being produced, then your Sanyo TV remote will not be able to control the TV. Follow the steps below to fix Sanyo TV remote sensor not working:
- Turn off your Sanyo TV’s power for about 30 seconds.
- Long-press on the TV power button for about 30 seconds and then release it.
- Reconnect the Sanyo TV power source and see if the Sanyo TV remote will work.
- Also, test to see if Sanyo TV Remote is sending an infrared signal via a camera or the camera on your smartphone.
- Turn the camera on and then aim your Sanyo TV Remote at the camera screen or viewfinder.
- Long-press any button on the remote and hold it for several seconds.
- Check the viewfinder of the camera or on the screen of your smartphone and determine if you can see the infrared light once any button on your Sanyo TV Remote is pressed.
- That’s it! You have successfully fixed Sanyo TV remote sensor not working.
How to Fix Sanyo TV Remote not responding
In case your Sanyo TV Remote won’t just respond no matter what you do to it, even after changing the batteries to new ones, then you probably need to resync the remote with your Sanyo TV.
Hopefully, this fix should resolve the problem. Follow the steps below:
- Point the remote directly and unwavering at the Sanyo TV.
- Tap on the Rewind and Fast Forward buttons at the same time.
- Check if you are sent a message that your Sanyo TV Remote has now paired with your Sanyo TV successfully.
- That’s it! This should have fixed the Sanyo TV remote not responding issues.
How do I Reset my Sanyo TV Remote?
One of the simplest fixes for a Sanyo TV remote that won’t work is to check and replace the batteries; even if you just recently replaced them, you could be using a dud pack. In case you replaced your remote’s batteries but the act doesn’t change anything, then the issue is definitely inside of the remote. Here are ways you can reset your Sanyo TV remote to factory settings without any hassle:
- Remove the batteries in the remote and long-press on the power button on the remote for about 30 seconds.
- Replace the batteries with new ones and set them up for work.
- Locate the Reset Button situated on the lower left of the Sanyo TV Remote.
- Press the Menu button and keep scrolling down till you see Factory Reset or Reset all settings.
- With the aid of the remote’s directional buttons, go to the Reset option.
- Click Enter or OK to confirm the Reset.
In case the reset does not work, you may need to get a universal replacement for your remote or probably consult a certified Sanyo Technician.
How to Reboot a Sanyo TV
There are times when your remote will be fine whereas it’s your Sanyo TV that has issues. In such cases to get this fixed, you can reboot your Sanyo TV. Follow the steps below:
- Switch off all of the power to the TV.
- Wait for about 30 to 60 seconds and switch it back on, then allow it to load up.
- Next, turn the TV back on with the control.
If rebooting does not work, then the remote has a complex issue.
How to Reset Sanyo TV without Remote
No remote? There’s no problem. You can factory reset your Sanyo TV without a remote. Instead of using a remote control for this task, you can follow the steps below:
- Switch on the Sanyo TV.
- Go to the back of your Sanyo TV.
- Search for the reset button at the lower part of the TV.
- Long-press on the Reset button with a pen or pin till the TV goes off and the Sanyo logo appears.
That’s it! You have successfully reset Sanyo TV without a remote.
How to Pair Sanyo TV Remote
Pairing the Sanyo TV remote is quite straightforward. However, before pairing begins ensure you insert new batteries into your remote and point at the TV. Press and release the accurate device button on your remote for the device you are connecting to. For instance, if you are connecting to a TV, press the TV button and then press the power button and the device button simultaneously. Follow the steps below to pair Sanyo TV remote:
- Point the remote at the device and tap “Power”.
- The remote will start sending codes stored in its system to the device.
- Press “CH+” repeatedly to have the remote try additional codes.
- Finally, press “Set” to save the code once the device responds by turning it off.
That’s it! You have successfully paired the Sanyo TV remote.
How to Program a Universal Remote to a Sanyo TV
There are several ways to program a universal remote to a Sanyo TV Common like via keycode method, code search method, and manual setup method. However, here’s one of the most common methods below:
- Long-press on the power button and device key simultaneously till the LED blinks or remain lit.
- Release and repeatedly tap the power button until the device turns on or off.
- Press the device key (sometimes the stop button) to save the setting.
- That’s it!
How to Program Universal Remote Codes for Sanyo TV via Keycode Method
Using the keycode method, you can easily program a universal remote where the keycode identifies the brand and model of the equipment that you are programming. Follow the steps below:
- Switch On the Device you want to program.
- Click on the “TV” button on your “Sanyo Device Universal Remote”.
- Long-press and hold the “Setup” button of the Universal Remote till it shows the “Light Flash” which implies it is in “Processing mode”.
- Input the “Keycode” which you got from the programing guide or the Instructions Booklet.
- Now point your remote at the Sanyo TV and long-press and hold the “Power” button.
- The remote will start sending codes stored in its system to the device
- Release the “Power Button” whenever the screen turns off.
Your Sanyo TV will work effectively now with the universal remote control.
How to Program GE Universal Remote to Sanyo TV
To program GE Universal remote to Sanyo TV, ensure you press AUX then the device Button you are assigning to AUX. The indicator light will blink and then remain lit. Input the three or four-digit code for your device while using the number buttons in the GE Universal Remote. Follow the steps below:
- Locate the version number under the battery.
- Search for the code at https://byjasco.com/support/ge-universal-remote-codes.
- Switch on the device you want to control.
- Long-press on the Setup until the light comes on.
- Click on the device button, such as DVD.
- Enter the right code.
- Click on the Power button to test the code.
That’s it! You have successfully program GE universal remote to Sanyo TV.
How to Program RCA Universal Remote to Sanyo TV
Here’s how to program RCA remote to Sanyo TV. Simply follow the steps below:
- First, garner all the codes by listing or screenshotting them.
- Switch your Sanyo TV on.
- Aim your remote control to the TV and tap the TV button on your remote.
- Hold the TV button and wait till the Power key turns off.
That’s it! You have successfully program RCA universal remote to Sanyo TV.
How do I program my TV with a universal remote?
In case you don’t have access to the specific code for the brand or type of device you wish to control, you can use Auto Code Search. The Universal Remote will search through its database, testing several codes at a time. Follow the steps below:
- Switch on your TV or another device you wish to control.
- Tap and release the Device button on your remote associated with the product you want to control (TV, etc.).
- Tap on the Device button again, as well as the Power button at the same time.
- Release both buttons simultaneously.
- Press and release the Play button on the remote, and wait for a few seconds, to see if the device you are trying to control turns off.
- Once it turns off, then it has found the correct code.
- However, if your device is still on, press the play button again and go through the waiting and switching-off process.
- Do this till your device turns off.
- Now, press and release the Reverse button on your remote every two seconds till your device switches back on.
- When it finally turns on, it means the remote has successfully searched for the correct code.
- Tap on the Stop button to save the code.
- Test different functions on the remote to see if they work for your device.
That’s all about programming your TV with a universal remote.
I hope this article has indeed helped you solve the Sanyo TV remote not working issues? If yes, kindly state how in the comment section below. Thanks for reading thus far.