In recent times, the internet is generally focussed on media more than before. Several videos are being uploaded on various platforms. However, before you can enjoy all the features of Video Octopus, you need a constant and reliable internet connection. But what if you have steady internet but you still couldn’t enjoy Octopus videos? Well, we will discuss how to fix Video Octopus not working.
There are a lot of online video converters and downloaders on the internet that can transcode and download all the video you want. Octopus is one of the few. But, if you prefer to use Octopus and it’s not working on your end, here is an article for you.
In this article, we are going to be walking you down how to fix Video Octopus not working, the reasons why you are getting errors, and what you can do to fix the issue.
Why is Video Octopus not Working?
You may be wondering why your Video Octopus is not working and you want to know the specific reason why the app suddenly stopped working.
Well, it’s not new as several users have encountered one error or the other while opening the Octopus apps.
The error you keep getting can be triggered by the following, such as:
- Buggy installation.
- Corrupt cache or App data.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Server or Connection Error.
In case you are getting an error message that says, “Octopus not working properly” while opening Octopus, you can try any of the fixes below and see which one works for you.
How to Fix Video Octopus not Working
The Video Octopus app may stop working due to some issues that your smart device may have or it could be related to an internet connection problem. Here are several ways in which you can fix Video Octopus not working:
Check your internet
The first thing to do once you encounter this video Octopus not working issue is to check your internet connection and be sure you have an active internet connection. In case you are on WiFi, ensure that you have an active link and that there are no signal issues.
If you are on cellular data, make sure that it’s enabled and that you are also getting good network coverage. You can restart your router to help get rid of different random internet and connectivity issues that may inhibit your connection to the app’s servers.
Update the Video Octopus App
There’s a high possibility that the app developers also know about the issue and have already released a patch to resolve the situation. In cases like this, you should update the Video Octopus app and try using the most recent version before trying out any other troubleshooting steps. Follow the steps below to update the Video Octopus
- Navigate to either Apple’s App Store or Google’s Play Store to check if there’s any update available after searching for Octopus App.
- Click on Update immediately if there is an available update before trying again.
This update should fix Video Octopus not working. However, if the issue persists, you can proceed to the next step below.
Reinstall Video Octopus App
In case updating the app didn’t fix the issue, you can try deleting the app from your smartphone and installing it again. This will help to refresh things and eliminate any corrupt files or data obstructing app functionality. This should resolve the issue, but if it doesn’t you can proceed to the next fix below.
Hard Reboot Your Phone
If you are using an Android phone, you can hard reboot your smartphone by following the easy steps below:
- Long-press on the Home and Power buttons concurrently for up to 10-12 seconds.
- Then, release the 2 buttons and press down the Power button until the screen turns on.
If the Video Octopoius not working issue persists, continue to the next step below.
Install the Older Version of Video Octopus
Installing an older version of the Video Octopus app may also fix the issue you may be experiencing.
Clear the App Cache
Clearing the app’s cache can help remove all corrupt files or data that may be interfering with the app’s functionality. Follow the steps below to clear the Video Octopus app cache:
- Click on Apps and Notifications.
- Click on Show all Apps and search for Video Octopus from the list. In case you recently used Video Octopus, it will show up in the recent apps as well.
- Select Video Octopus.
- Then, click on Storage and Cache.
- Finally, tap on the Clear Cache button.
This should fix the issue, and you should be able to download videos now easily.
Common Video Octopus App Problems
These are the common Video Octopus App problems you may come across:
- Black and White screen: It is one of the most common issues in Android OS. Most times, when you first open an app, what you will see is a black screen for a few seconds and the app will suddenly crash with or without an error message.
- Video Octopus App Loading or Server Error: It’s possible that the Octopus app server is down and hence the reason why you are experiencing the loading issue. You can try again after a few minutes as there may be too many users using the app at the same time.
- Octopus login issue or account-related issues: The Octopus server may be down and this may be the cause of the login or account issues. You can try logging in after a few minutes. Also, check if you are logging in with the wrong details, always confirm the details, and be sure you enter the correct ones. In case you are using third-party social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc to log in, verify and be sure that their service is working properly by visiting their official website. Then, your account may have been banned or deactivated for activities. Always read error messages.
- Octopus App Installation Issues: Ensure you check your WiFi or internet connection for connectivity as well as your mobile storage space, as you may not have enough space in your disk. If this is the case, the app may not be installed. Check that the app you are trying to install supports your Android version as well.
Do we hope this post has been able to answer all your questions about how to fix Video Octopus not working issues? If yes, feel free to drop in your comment below that can benefit other users.