What is Xfinity Ref code S0A00 and how do you fix it? Well, in this article, we will consider the possible causes of the S0A00 error code and how to fix the error code on your Xfinity.
The source of ref code S0A00 on your Xfinity can be traced to two main sources which are:
- The TV box is Not activated.
- TV box TVactivation code is lost.
- Poor Signal.
- Your TV cable is at fault
If your TV box experienced any of the statements above, your device will run into the Xfinity ref code S0A00. The device will be useless unlike the ref error code is cleared.
Xfinity Comcast is known as one of the most popular cable service providers and the largest pay-TV provider in the world. In terms of ISP, Comcast is the most used in the United States of America [USA]. Comcast is specialized in providing telecommunication services.
What is Xfinity Ref Code S0A00?
Xfinity ref code: S0A00 is an error code message you get when your TV box is yet to be activated or the TV box activation has been lost. However, the error can last for about one hour and after that, the ref code S0A00 error is expected to disappear.
However, if the ref code S0A00 doesn’t go or disappear after one hour you could check whether the error occurs on all your TVs or just one of the TVs.
How to Activate Xfinity TV Box
Before we can talk about the ref code S0A00 on your Xfinity TV box we need to ensure that the TV box is activated otherwise the error code S0A00 will not be cleared.
Therefore, we will take you through the process to activate your Xfinity TV box before we proceed with clearing the ref code S0A00 on the box.
Meanwhile, there are different methods available to activate your Xfinity TV box. For this, we will consider the recommended means to activate your Comcast device.
- Download and install the Xfinity app on your Android or iOS.
- Launch the app and sign in to your Xfinity account using your username and password.
- Locate the QR code at the bottom of your Xfinity device.
- Once the Xfinity app prompted you to use your phone camera, click on OK” to allow the app and scan the QR code.
- This will help the Xfinity app to identify your Xfinity device.
- Once your phone has scanned the QR code successfully, you will see a green checkmark on your phone screen.
- You can also use the manual approach under Manual Entry to enter the device QR code [MTA Mac Number] and click on the “Next” button.
The device will be activated and the Xfinity app will walk you through some users’ tips about your gateway.
How to Fix Xfinity Ref Code S0A00
There are a few steps to take to fix the Xfinity ref code S0A00 provided you have activated your TV box and the TV box activation code isn’t lost. So, if neither of these happens, take the following steps to clear the ref error code S0A00.
Power Cycle your Xfinity
The first step that should come to your mind when battling with the ref code S0A00 is to power cycle your device. Therefore, we will take you through the process to cold boot the device.
- Unplug your Xfinity Comcast TV, Cable Box, Router or your Comcast device from the power source.
- Wait for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Press and hold each of the buttons on the Comcast device one after the other for 10 seconds each.
- Plug the TV power back into the power source.
- Turn on the device and see whether the ref code S0A00 has been cleared or not.
Check the F Connector
If the F connector is loosened you can end up having the ref code S0A00. If the F connector loosens or removes the box or LNB, it can cause the device to lose its signal. So, you want to check the F connectors out and see if there is a loose one. If there is any, follow the steps below to tighten it.
- Unscrew the F connector from your Xfinity device.
- Unscrew the connector from the wire and cut or peel off the COAX cover like half an inch.
- Remove the coated silicon nylon to get to the white material inside of it.
- Gently round the wires around the foil.
- Slide in the F connector and screw it down until it becomes firm or until the white material flushes with it.
- Insert it into the Xfinity device and screw it.
Turn on the Xfinity device and see whether the ref code S0A00 is cleared or not. If the code isn’t cleared yet, consider the suggestion below.
Contact Comcast Xfinity Customer Care Representative
Since there is no mechanical approach that is required to fix the Comcast Xfinity ref code S0A00, then, the last resort is to contact the Comcast customer care representative, narrate your ordeal and see how they can help you resolve the problem.
The representative will get back to you in due time on what to do and how you can fix the error code provided your device is activated and the activation code isn’t lost.