Telegram allows you to control who can see your phone number. It also contains privacy settings for who can find you on Telegram using your phone number. However, if this feature isn’t turned on people can easily search for your phone number on Telegram and send messages, make voice calls and even request video calls without your permission. But if you value your privacy you can just hide your phone number on Telegram. So, in this guide, we will discuss how to hide number on Telegram.
Telegram is an instant messaging platform with so many and robust features that are rapidly gaining popularity. Telegram, like WhatsApp, requires a phone number to create a user account. Contrary to WhatsApp, users can hide their phone numbers on Telegram. Unless you disclose your phone number by not using Telegram’s privacy settings.
Telegram’s Privacy features also allow you to prevent unknown persons from finding your profile and engaging with you, even if they have your phone number.
So, if you are a novice and don’t know how to hide your phone number on Telegram, just follow this article as we will take you through how to hide phone number on Telegram here today.
Recommended: How to Delete Telegram Account without Code.
How to Hide Phone Number on Telegram
When you sign up for Telegram, you must grant the app permission to make and receive phone calls as well as provide the app with your phone number. Unfortunately, you must give up this information if you want to sign up for Telegram on your primary phone.
Telegram, on the other hand, does not use the number to connect with you and does not share it with other users. Your account’s username serves as your unique identifier for the service.
So, once you register and create your Telegram account you can choose to hide your phone number and only made your username known to people. This implies that other users can search for you on the platform using your username instead of your phone number.
Other Telegram users can only see your phone number if you have theirs saved in your phone and have your contacts synced with Telegram. This includes friends, people in your phone contacts, and anybody with whom you have knowingly given your phone number.
How to Hide Telegram Number
By default, Telegram will not hide your phone number. So, it’s important to turn on the settings to hide your phone number in the app privacy settings if you want to stop receiving random messages.
Therefore, by following the steps below you’d have learned how to hide your phone number on Telegram.
- Launch your “Telegram” app.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars in the top left corner of the Telegram app to access the Settings menu.
- Select “Privacy and Security” from the Settings menu.
- This option includes the Privacy tab, where you may control who can see various components such as your profile photo, last seen status, and more.
- Select ‘Nobody’ or ‘My Contacts’ from the Phone Number drop-down menu.
- Choose ‘Nobody’ if you want complete privacy.
- You can, however, set the corresponding option to ‘My Contacts’ if you want to make your phone number visible to some persons who are already in your contact list.
- Aside from the contact number, users can change the private status of other features such as the profile image, last seen, and online status.
- All of these adjustments can be done in the Privacy Settings section.
With the settings above only those that have your phone number will be able to connect with you on the platform [Telegram].
How to Hide Phone Number from Other People on Telegram
There are a few other ways you can use to hide your phone number from other people on Telegram so that they won’t know that you are a member of the platform. Apart from using the Telegram app feature to hide your phone number, you can also hide your phone number on Telegram using the following tips.
So, below explains how to hide phone number from other people on Telegram if it’s your first time creating and registering a Telegram account.
Use a Landline Phone
You can create your Telegram account by using your Landline Phone Number. With your Landline phone number, no one will be able to trace you to Telegram.
Use Google Voice
In case you have a Gmail account and live in the United States, you can receive a free Google Voice Phone Number to create your Telegram account. However, if you do not reside in the United States, you can still obtain a Google Voice Phone Number by following the procedures below:
- Log out of all Google accounts.
- Create a new Google account.
- Connect your new account to a new Google Voice account once you’ve created one.
- Select a phone number
- Sign up for Telegram and enter your Google Voice phone number as your contact number.
- Enter the permission code from your Google Voice account into Telegram.
Get a Burner SIM
Another way to hide your phone number on the Telegram app is to get a temporary SIM card and verify your Telegram account using the temporary number. You can sign up for a burner number if you don’t want to go through the hassle of creating a new Google account.
Several firms can provide you with a temporary phone number, or even a second number, without requiring you to validate or confirm your identity.
Use a Burner Phone
Old feature phones (phones that aren’t smartphones but work on the cellular network) can still be purchased from thrift stores or the private market. Or you can pay a few dollars for someone else’s old phone that still has an SMS service on it.
How to Delete Telegram Contact
You can delete Telegram contacts that have been Synced to your Telegram account so that they will not be able to see your phone number on Telegram. Failure to do this will not stop those numbers from sending messages to your Telegram.
Therefore, the steps below detail how to delete Telegram contact that have been synced to your account.
- Launch the Telegram app.
- Click on the Menu icon.
- Select Settings from the menu that displays.
- Navigate to Privacy and Security from the Settings page.
- Scroll down and press the Delete Synced Contacts option.
- On the confirmation pop-up.
- Choose to Delete to erase previously synced contacts from Telegram servers.
With the steps above all synced contact to your Telegram account will be deleted and they will no longer be able to find you on Telegram.
How to Change Who can find you via Phone Number on Telegram
Telegram allows you to keep your profile concealed and undiscovered by strangers. As a result, you will be able to limit who can find your profile or chat with you, even if they know your phone number. You may cheerfully wave goodbye to unsolicited spam texts! Follow the steps below:
- Open Telegram’s Phone Number Settings.
- Take the first three steps from the preceding list.
Select under “Who can contact me by my phone number” the following;
- My contacts – This allows only contacts saved on your phone to find you on Telegram.
- Everybody: This enables you to start a discussion with anyone who has your phone number saved in their contacts or uses the public link.
- Nobody: This allows you to hide your Phone Number from everyone.
To keep your Telegram profile even more private, you can hide your contacts from it. Even the “My Contacts” option will be useless because Telegram won’t have your contacts to compare against. As a result, no one will be able to contact you via phone.
With this guide, you should be able to handle who sees you on Telegram and know how to control their activities with you on the platform. However, if there is a problem with how to hide Telegram number after reading this post please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.