In this less than 10 minutes read article you will learn how to link my TV to iView. It’s obvious that not all TV can be linked to your iView. But, this is not to say that you won’t be able to link your supported TV to your iView to stream and watch your favourite TV shows on your TV at home.
Firstly, you need to sign up and set up your iView account. This is important because you will be asked to sign into your iView account to be able to link your TV to your iView account on your device.
At the same time, your TV must be a smart TV or Apple TV to link iView to it. But if you don’t have either of the TVs; you can use devices like Chromecast, Android TV box, Roku and other devices to convert or turn a non-smart TV into a smart TV.
How to Sign Up for iView
The first thing to do before you can link your TV to an iView account is to sign up and set up your iView account. If you already have an iView account you can skip this part, but if you are new to this platform the first step you want to take is to sign up and set up your iView profile.
- Go to the iView sign-up page at abc.net.au.
- Choose from the options on the list to sign up with. For a quick login, you can choose Apple or Google or Facebook.
- Set up your profile by providing all the necessary information such as your name, country [Australia or outside Australia], date of birth, and gender, agree to the terms and conditions of service and then hit the create account button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds to complete the signup process. Once the process is completed you will see the message below. Now, click on continue to abc.net.au button to Continue.
Now that you have successfully created and signup for iView [Abc.net.au] account, you are a few steps away from streaming the platform on your smart TV.
Download and Install the iView App on your TV
Next on how to link my TV to iView after you have successfully signed up for an account is to download and install the iView app on your smart TV.
The iView app is available on your smart TV. However, if you are using a streaming device [a device to turn your non-smart TV into a smart TV], the iView app will be available on the device app store such as the Google Play store.
- Go to your Smart TV or streaming device’s app store.
- Search for “ABC iView” using your device’s app store search box.
- Select the app and add it to your TV.
- Wait for the app to complete the download process and install the app on your TV.
Once the iView app has been downloaded and installed on your TV; you’d be ready to link the app to your TV. But, if the app isn’t available on your TV or streaming device’s app store; it means that the app isn’t available for your device and you can install or stream iView on the TV unless a streaming aid device like Roku or Android TV box is used.
How to Link my TV to iView
We state all the steps to follow below to learn how to link my TV to iView without skipping a single step. However, if you are lost on the way, you can leave a comment on this post and we will be glad to help you resolve all the issues revolving around your inability to link your TV to your iView account on your smart TV and Apple TV.
- Go to your TV Apps menu and open the ABC iView app.
- A screen will appear on your TV telling you to watch iView for free, anywhere and at any time.
- Navigate to and select “EASY, GET STARTED” and press the “OK” button on your remote to select the option.
- The ABC iView app will display a 4-digit code and instructions on how to link your TV to the iView app.
- You can either open your phone camera to scan the QR code or go to abc.net.au/linktv on your mobile browser.
- Enter the four-digit code on your TV screen and sign into your ABC iView account to complete the process.
Once the code has been confirmed and validated, the iView abc.net/au/linktv screen will refresh automatically and take you to the iView content on the TV.
Note: The ABC iView activation code will only be valid for 20 days after which the code will expire. Once the code expires, you’d then need to hit the back button to return to your TV homepage and repeat the process all over again.
How to Logout All Devices on iView
If you noticed that a lot of people are accessing your ABC iView account or you can’t remember the number of devices you’ve logged in to your iView ABC account you can just log out of all devices without changing your password. So, here we will discuss solely how to log out of all devices on iView.
- Sign into your ABC iView account on mobile or the web.
- Click on your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Click on “Manage ABC account” from the drop menu.
- Scroll down to “Logged in TVs and Devices” and click on “Manage your devices.“
- Scroll down to “All Sessions” and click on “Logout everywhere” under “Logout Everywhere.”
- A pop-up will appear asking to confirm whether you want to truly log out of everywhere. Now, click on “Log out everywhere.”
Your iView account will be logged out everywhere without changing your account password. However, whoever has the password can still link another TV to your iView account. If you no longer want to allow a 3rd party to use the iView ABC account you need to change the password.