Do you usually set your phone alarm before going to bed so you don’t miss an appointment or schedule? Well, it’s a good one but when you start missing your appointment even when you set your alarm because it doesn’t get loud, then you have to look for ways how to make the alarm louder.
This post will show you how to make alarm louder on your iPhone without skipping a step.
You may need to set the sound of your alarm to a higher volume, if not the highest level possible. In case you need a guide on how to get this done, here it is, you will get to know how to make alarms louder on your iPhone.
How to make iPhone Alarm work better?
Here are tips that can help you put your alarm’s volume and vibration in check so you can wake up at the right time and not miss your appointment. Check out the tips below:
- Ensure that you haven’t mistakenly set the alarm sound to None.
- Open the Clock app, go to the Alarm tab and select the particular alarm you want to use that works best for you.
- Select a louder Alarm sound so it can wake you up.
- Note that not all alarm sounds are regulated to the same level, and some even have a more bolder noise, which has the potential of making the alarm sound even louder.
- Change or personalize the alarm vibration pattern to accompany the alarm’s sound using the Clock app.
- You can play the alarm via external speakers.
- In situations where you can’t make your iPhone loud enough, it probably means there’s something wrong with your phone’s built-in speaker, and it may need to be serviced.
- You may need to connect your phone to a dock in the meantime with integrated speakers that you can set as loud as you wish.
- You can also use your iPhone with an Apple Watch (the Apple Watch can be configured to work with your iPhone’s Alarm app and this will wake you with vibrations and sound.
All the aforementioned tips will help you how to make alarm louder.
How to Set an Alarm on iPhone
You can easily turn your iPhone to an Alarm clock with the help of Clock app. If you are wondering how to go about it, follow the steps below to set an alarm on your iPhone:
- Open the Clock app from the Home Screen or Control Center on your iPhone, and click on the Alarm tab.
- Click on the Add button (the + sign).
- Set a specific time for the alarm.
- You can also choose any of the following options:
- Label: Select to name your alarm.
- Repeat: Click to set up an interrupted alarm.
- Snooze: Power on to see a Snooze option once the alarm begin to make sound.
- Sound: Tap to choose a sound that plays once the alarm sounds.
- Click on Save.
Now, you have successfully set an alarm on your iPhone.
How to Edit an Alarm
In case you need to change the previous timing of your alarm to a recent one so you can wake early and not miss any appointments. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Clock App and click on the Alarm tab.
- Select Edit in the upper-left corner.
- Click on the alarm, make your changes, then finally, choose Save.
This is all about how to edit an Alarm on iPhone.
How to delete an Alarm
In case you want to delete an alarm after you already made your appointment early and you want to have a sound sleep the next day, Here’s how to delete an alarm below:
- Swipe left over the Alarm and click on Delete.
- Click on Edit, select the Delete button, then tap Delete.
- Now, click on Edit, tap the alarm, then click on Delete Alarm.
Now, you have successfully deleted an alarm on your iPhone.
How to make Alarm louder on iPhone
Most iPhone relies on the overall volume of your alarm which is an accessible slider in Settings. Simply note that this is also your phone’s ringer volume, so you should select a level that’s appropriate for both devices. Follow the steps below on how to make Alarm louder on iPhone:
- Open the Setting app on your iPhone.
- Click on Sound & Haptics.
- Drag the slider to the right by increasing the volume right in the Ringer and Alerts section.
However, the volume buttons located on the side of your iPhone doesn’t control the ringer and alert volume (also the alarm volume).
This feature can also be enabled, which makes it even easier to quickly adjust the volume at bedtime.
- From the Settings app, click on Sound & Haptics.
- Then in the Ringer and Alerts section, turn on Change with Buttons by swiping the button to the right.
- Just ensure that you did not accidentally lower the volume via the buttons during the process.
How to fix Alarm Volume is too low or quiet
Before you fix the alarm volume too low issues, note that the Do Not Disturb and the Ring/Silent switch doesn’t affect the alarm sound. Once you set your Ring/Silent switch to Silent or enable the Do Not Disturb feature, the alarm will still sound.
If your iPhone’s alarm volume won’t make any sound or it’s too quiet, or your iPhone just vibrates, follow the steps below:
- Set the volume on your iPhone: In case your alarm volume is too low or too loud, simply tap the volume button up or down to change it. You can as well go to Settings >> Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringtone and Alert Volume.
- Disable the alarm sound feature if it’s set to None once you discover that your alarm only vibrates. Open the Clock app >> Alarm tab >> Edit. Click on the alarm, then tap Sound to select a sound of your choice.
- In case you have headphones connected to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume via the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired and wireless headphones.
- You can also manually change the time on your iPhone in Settings to change app behavior, like game timers, which are not recommended and can affect alarms.
Now, you know to make alarm louder on iPhone to avoid missing your appointment and schedules. Feel free to drop your comments in the section below.