Are you experiencing difficulties increasing the volume buttons on your iPad? Are the volume buttons not working properly or they aren’t working at all? In this article, we will be running you through some points on how to make iPad louder.
Here you will get to know how to fix the no-sound issue on your iPad and also how to make iPad louder without any hassle. Go on as you unravel how you can make your iOS device louder.
How to Make iPad Louder
Here are ways you can make iPad louder, they are straightforward fixes. Follow the steps below:
You may be a first-time user of an iPad and you are experiencing difficulty while trying to make iPad louder. Simply look for the volume button at the side of your iPad, press the upper button and the volume will increase gradually. If that does not work, try the next step.
Adjust Volume in the iPad Settings App
If the volume button isn’t working, you can try another fix. Adjust the iPad volume in the Settings app. To do this:
- Go to Settings >> Sounds.
- Drag the slider to your desired volume.
- The further you drag it right, the louder your iPad will play sounds.
If the above fix doesn’t work, feel free to try out the next one.
You can also adjust your iPad volume using the AssistiveTouch button.
To turn on the AssistiveTouch button,
- Go to Settings >> Accessibility >> Touch >> AssistiveTouch.
- Switch on the AssistiveTouch.
- A virtual button will appear on your iPad’s display.
- Once the button appears, click on it and tap Device.
- You will see the option to turn the volume up or down to make iPad louder.
This is how to make iPad louder.
How to fix the Sound on my iPad is not working at all
There are several reasons why your iPad sound won’t work at all. Some of the most common ones are:
- Your iPad network settings need to be reset.
- Your iPad operating system needs to be updated.
- iPad silent mode is turned on.
- A Bluetooth device is connected to your iPad.
- The application you’re listening to isn’t working.
- Your iPad speakers need to be cleaned.
- The hardware on your iPad is damaged.
Now, there should be sound coming from your iPad after trying out the troubleshooting steps outlined above. Here’s how to make iPad louder.
How to fix no Sound on your iPad
If your iPad won’t give any sound at all, you can follow the steps below:
Turn off silent mode
Follow the steps below to disable the silent mode on your iPhone:
- Open Control Center.
- Check if the silent mode has been turned on.
- If the feature is on, click on the bell icon to disable it.
- You should now hear some sound and make iPad Louder.
Close Applications with no Sound
- Locate the malfunctioning apps you want to close.
- Activate the App Switcher by dragging your finger from the bottom of your home screen to the middle.
- Swipe up to close the app.
That’s it! Very easy.
Disconnect any Bluetooth Accessories
- Go to Settings >> Bluetooth.
- Check if Bluetooth has been enabled and pair it to a device.
- Unpair the device or turn Bluetooth off by clicking on the switch.
This should help disconnect any Bluetooth accessories enabled on your device.
Restart Your Device
Restarting your iPad can also fix the no-sound issue, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Top button and one of the volume buttons on your iPad until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off the device and wait 30 seconds.
- Press down the Top button and release it once the Apple logo appears to turn the device back on.
This should fix the no-sound issue, but if it doesn’t you can proceed to the next fix below.
Turn on your iPad’s DFU Mode
DFU stands for Device Firmware Update. It’s an effective way to perform a restore on an iPad. DFU restore is preferable to regular restore because it updates the code responsible for controlling the hardware of your iPad known as the firmware.
Check Your Sound Settings
Checking your sound setting helps you determine whether your iPad speakers are damaged and need to be repaired or replaced.
- Click on Settings >> Sounds.
- Drag the Ringer and Alerts slider back and forth for some time.
- If there is still no sound after all has been done or the speaker icon is dimmed, your speakers may be damaged.
Clean your Speakers
Dirt can get trapped in your device and clog the speakers causing the sound on your iPad to stop working. Try to clean the speakers to protect them from damage. Remove any screen protectors or cases from your iPad.
You can clean your speakers using a small soft brush. Make sure the brush is dry and clean before using it.
Any of the above fixes should solve the no-sound issue on your iPad. This is how to make iPad louder.
If you discover your iPad volume buttons are stuck, this is not a software problem, it’s a hardware problem and it isn’t much you can do. One thing that can help is taking off your iPad’s case. Sometimes, cheap cases made of rubber can jam the iPad’s volume and power buttons.
If that does not work, you may need to get your iPad repaired. You can do this by taking your iPad to the nearest Apple Store.
Hopefully, one of the above-listed fixes should work for you. If you still have questions about how to make iPad louder, feel free to ask them in the comments section below.