There are various file extensions with various software to open them on different devices in which the .key file extension is one of them. In Word documents, we have .doc and .docx. txt, .wbk, .xps, and a host of others. Just the way you can open all these Word document files using the appropriate software you can also open the .key file using the appropriate computer/windows software or programs. So, in this article, we will consider and explain exactly how to open .key file on Windows.
What is a .Key File
A .key file is a file on a computer where all the license or encrypted keys are kept for security purposes. The .key file is commonly used as a web server software that is running secure socket layer protocols SSLP.
So, all the computer server-specific keys that are issued by trusted authorities are merged and kept into a .key file in the computer together with the server’s trusted root certificate.
So, since the keyfile is used to keep the computer server-specific key and the server’s trusted root certificate you will need a special file program to open it.
Note: You need different files to open .key on different devices. The program to open a .key file on Android would be different from a program that is developed to open a .key on Windows and so also are macOS and iOS devices.
So, for the same of this article, we will consider how to open .key file on all operating systems including iOS and Android.
How to Open .key File on Windows
There are three ways that can be used to open a .key file on a Windows computer. Once the key file is opened you can save and play the file in a file format that your computer supports best.
Even though iCloud is a cloud and storage service for Apple Inc; it’s still the best way to open a .keyfile in Windows. So, here we will be taking you through how you can open a .key file on Windows using iCloud here.
How to Open .Key File on Windows using iCloud
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in to your iCloud account.
- Select “Keynote” in the iCloud drive.
- Click on the “Upload” cloud icon.
- Select the .key file you want to open.
- Click on the “Spanner” or “Wrench” icon.
- Click on “Download a Copy.”
- Choose a new file format to save the .key file.
- Choose the file location and click on the “Save” button.
The .key file will be downloaded in the new format and it’ll be playable on the new format-supported Windows program.
Most people don’t know that Powerpoint can open a .key file. Using PowerPoint is more than creating presentations alone. With your Powerpoint you can open, edit and play a .key file. So, we will walk you through how to open .key file on Windows using Powerpoint here
How to Open .Key File on Windows using PowerPoint
- Launch your “PowerPoint” on your Windows PC.
- Click on the “Open” icon to select a file.
- Go to the .key file folder on your Windows.
- Select the .key file and open it in the PowerPoint.
- Click on the “File” >> “Save.”
- Choose a different file format and hit the “Save” button.
Henceforth, you will be able to open the .key file on your Windows computer with the new file format. If you choose the “PowerPoint” extension you will be able to open it on your PowerPoint.
The Avant browser is one such browser that can be used to open a .key file on a Windows computer for free. With the Avant browser’s ultra-fast technology and multi-processing capabilities, you can easily open a .key file without slowing down your PC during operation.
How to Open .key File on Windows using Avant Browser
- Download and install the “Avant browser” on your Windows.
- Click the “A” button located at the top left of the browser’s screen.
- Click on the “New” option.
- Go to your “Windows” folder and select the “.key” file you want to open.
- This “File” will be open in the “Avant” browser.
That is it. Once the .key file is opened you can edit and play it in the browser.
LibreOffice is an open-source software that supports different file extensions. These file extensions include the .key file. So, here we will take a look at how you can open a .key file on your Windows computer using LibreOffice software.
How to Open .key File on Windows using LibreOffice
- Download and install “LibreOffice” on your Windows.
- Open the “LibreOffice” package.
- Click “File” on the nav.
- Click on the “Open” option.
- Go to the “.key” file and select the file.
- Click on the “Open” button to open it.
The .key file you selected will be opened on the program. Now, you can save the .key file with a different extension to be able to open it with the available software programs on your Windows.
Convert .key File to PPT
There are a few steps required to convert a .key file to a PPT file on your device. And next, we will discuss how to convert .key file to PPT.
How to Convert .key File to PPT
Follow the steps below to convert your key file to a PPT file.
Follow the steps below to convert a .key file to .PPT file to your iPad.
- Unlock your iPad.
- Open “Keynote” on your iPad.
- Locate the “.key” file to export.
- Click on the menu [three dots].
- Choose “Export.”
- Choose “PPT” or “PowerPoint” from the file extensions.
- Choose the method you want to use to send the converted .key file to .PPT.
- Hit the “Finish” button.
- Select the “.key” File
- Click on the “Export To” option.
- Select “PowerPoint/PPT.”
- Click Ok
- Unlock your iOS.
- Go to “KeyNote“
- Press and hold the “Presentation“
- Choose the option to “Share“
- Go to the “Menu“
- Select the “Export” option
- Click on “PowerPoint” to export the key file as a .PPT file.
- Sign into your iCloud account
- Go to the Keynote option.
- Click on the “Settings” icon
- Upload the “.key” file.
- Click on “Download a Copy.”
- Save the file as “PowerPoint.”
How to Convert a .key to PDF
You can convert the .key file to a PDF file format just like how we handled the .key file and convert it to a PPT format above. So, here we will consider how to convert a .key file to a .pdf file format.
How to Convert a .key File to a PDF File
- Go to an online .key to .pdf file converter.
- Choose “key” to “pdf” in the conversion option.
- Upload the “.key” file.
- Click “Convert.”
With this guide you should have learnt how to open .key file on Windows using different software program and how to convert a .key file to PDF file format.