Did you just get an Altice TV or has it been a long time since you used your TV set and you are wondering how to pair Altice remote to your TV without glitches, here is an article for you. This article will walk you through the different methods by which you can pair your Altice remote to a TV seamlessly.
How to pair Altice remote to TV is quite straightforward for both techie and non-techie users. All you need to know about your Altice remote and how to connect the remote to your TV will be discussed in this article.
The Altice One remote is one of the best remote brands on the market today. Even though most TV brands come with their remote controls, you may need to synchronize the Altice One remote to your TV set in case you misplaced the original remote or it got spoilt.
The Altice remote can be referred to as a Universal remote that once programmed, can be used to control different gadgets at the same time.
This implies that instead of switching between different remotes when you want to change the volume on your TV and DVD player, you can use a universal remote to achieve this.
Here in this article, we outlined how to pair Altice remote to TV.
However, there are several methods in which you can pair your Altice remote such as using auto-Searching, pairing it with your TV and Altice One Box within a few minutes by following the steps listed below.
How to Pair Altice Remote to TV via Auto-Searching
The first method on how to pair your Altice remote to TV is via Auto-searching. Follow the steps below on how to enable this feature:
- Power on your TV set.
- The O button blinks once you press SEL and TV power buttons together.
- Press the SEL button for about 3 seconds.
- Release the SEL button once the power has been turned off
- Turn on the TV again to verify if the on/off function is working.
- All the basic functions can be controlled using this method.
I hope your Altice remote has been successfully paired to your TV now. If not, you can try out the next method.
How to Pair Altice Remote to TV via Altice One Box
The steps below outline how the pairing process is done using Altice One box. Follow the simple steps below:
- Tap on the Home button.
- Scroll over to “Settings”.
- Click on the remote icon.
- Press the 7 and 9 buttons together for about 5-10 seconds.
- Tap on the pair remote to Altice One.
- Click on the pair remote control icon.
You will receive a confirmation message that pops up once the steps are successful. However, note that the remote will only work with the Altice One Mini or Altice One to which it’s attached.
In addition, note that you can’t use the same remote associated with the first box in case you have multiple boxes at home. By pairing the Altice One remote, you will be able to control your TV easily, including volume control, channel switching, and power capabilities.
How to Pair Altice Remote to TV
Pairing your Altice remote with a TV requires a very easy step. To pair your Altice Remote to the TV, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your TV set.
- Press the Home button on your Remote.
- Click on “Settings”, and tap on the Remote icon.
- Press Pair Remote to Altice One and then long-press on the “Pair Remote Control”.
- Or you could press down the Power button and the number of the TV brand simultaneously for about 3 seconds
- Turn off your TV once the blue lights blink.
- To save the code, click on Select.
- The light automatically turns off once the code is stored
- Verify by pressing the power button again.
Now, you can control the volume and on/off features of your TV. This is how to pair Altice remote to the TV.
How To Program an Altice One Remote To TV
After pairing your Altice remote to the TV, the next thing to do is to synchronize your device with the universal remote. Follow the steps below on how to program an Altice One remote to TV:
- Make sure that your device is powered on to enable it to sync with the universal remote.
- Position your Altice One remote to face the TV you wish to program.
- Press the 0TV button on your remote simultaneously with the brand number for your TV.
- The tiny blue LED light will begin to blink on your remote.
- Release the 0TV and brand number buttons once the lights come on.
- Press the 0TV button again.
- Continue to press the button till your TV turns off.
- Your TV will begin to search for the right code for your particular TV brand.
- Once it discovers the right code, your TV will turn off automatically.
- Press the 0TV button again so you can turn on your TV.
- Finally, tap on the “SELECT” button to store the code.
This means that you won’t have to go through the process all over again when next you have to use your Altice remote to program your TV. Now, you have successfully programmed your Altice One universal remote to the TV.
Can’t Pair Altice Remote to TV? Try these Fixes!
If your remote won’t pair with your TV, then it’s possible that the batteries are down or it has not been programmed correctly. If the problem persists after checking everything, then you can return it to the nearest Optimum Store and request a replacement.
If your Altice remote is damaged, lost, or stolen, you will be charged $2.50, which will be applied to your account or you will be provided with a one-time grace replacement.
You can also reset the remote by removing the batteries and placing them back to fix the issue of can’t pair the Altice remote to TV.
I hope with the breakdown of the steps on how to pair the Altice remote to your TV, you can now control several functions on your Universal remote control without any hassle.