The Sony WF-1000XM4 is a wireless noise-cancelling stereo headset with Alexa built-in that provides a medium in which you can have unlimited fun by listening to your favourite music on your smartphone or watching a movie via your computer. They are smaller, portable, and have a stable fit compared to other common headsets you see around.
This article will guide you on how to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 with one or two devices at the same time. You can pair Sony WF-1000XM4 with iPhone, Android, PC, and Mac. You will get to know how to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 with these smart devices easily.
Sony WF-1000XM4 are over-ear headphones that are designed in a comfy shape with a heavy bass-sound profile, which some users love, and their ANC is capable of significantly blocking out more noise around you. Sony WF-1000XM4 also has long-lasting battery life and supports multiple-device pairing, which means that you can connect them with up to two devices at a time.
Read on as we unravel how to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 n iPhone, iPad, Android Phone, PC, and Mac.
What to know before pairing Sony WF-1000XM4
Before going ahead to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 with your smart devices, ensure to note the following guidelines below to help you have a smooth pairing procedure.
- Ensure you initiate pairing within 5 minutes, if not pairing mode will be cancelled.
- In case you were not able to establish pairing within the 5 minutes, place the headset into the charging case, and begin the process again from step 1.
- Once the Bluetooth devices have been successfully paired, there won’t be any need to pair them again, except if the pairing information has been erased after repair or when a 9th device is paired.
- You can only pair the Sony headset with up to 8 devices. If you pair a new device after 8 devices have been paired already, the registration information of the paired device with the oldest connection date will be overwritten with the information for the latest device.
- The above will be possible if the pairing information for the headset has been removed from the Bluetooth device.
- Once the headset is initialized, all the pairing information will be deleted.
- In this case, you can remove all the pairing information for the headset from the connected device and then re-pair them.
- The Sony headset can be paired with multiple devices, but you can only play music from just one paired device at a time.
Once all these steps are followed circumspectly, then you can proceed to enable pairing mode and also pair Sony WF-1000XM4 successfully.
How to enable Pairing Mode on Sony WF-1000xm4
In case your Sony headset is new, you need to put enable pairing mode. Once that has been done, they will connect automatically to your smart device once you can open the case.
To enable the pairing mode on your earbuds, follow the steps below:
- Remove them from the charging case and place them in your ears.
- Tap the sensors on the earbuds with your index fingers for about 5 seconds.
- You will hear a beep sound showing that they are ready to pair.
Finally, go to your device’s Bluetooth settings to complete the pairing process.
Recommended: How to connect Sony headphones to iPhone
How to Pair Sony WF-1000XM4
This is the general step involved in how to pair Sony WF-1000XM4, follow the steps below:
- Set the Sony WF-1000XM4 in the pairing mode:
- Remove them from the charging case and attach them to your ears.
- Using your fingers, tap the sensors on your Sony WF-1000XM4.
- You will hear a beep sound which indicates that they are ready to pair.
- Switch on the Bluetooth option on your device.
- Search for Sony WF-1000XM4 on the list of available paired devices and click on it.
- Finally, enter “0000” as the password once a password prompt pops up.
That’s it! Now, you have successfully paired Sony WF-100XM4.
How to Pair Sony WF-1000XM4 to Android Phone
In case you have an Android phone, you can follow the steps below to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 earbuds with an Android phone:
- Ensure you turn on your Android phone.
- Go to Settings in the Menu, Connections, and tap on the Bluetooth icon.
- In case Bluetooth is not listed, search for it in the box right above it.
- Go to Bluetooth and click on the icon.
- Once you take the earbuds out from their charging case, they will automatically be in pairing mode.
- Place a finger on each of the earbud’s sensors for about five seconds.
- A beep sound will show that they are ready for pairing.
- Go to your Android device and search for Sony WF-1000XM4 on the Bluetooth accessories list.
- Click on Sony WF-1000XM4, and the pairing process will start.
Although the pairing process is similar to other devices. This is how to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 to an Android phone.
How to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 with New iPhone
If your iPhone is new, you have to pair it with the Sony WF-1000XM4 headset before you can use it. However, before pairing:
- Ensure that your iPhone device is placed within 3 feet of the WF-1000XM4 headsets.
- Make sure the earbuds are fully charged.
Now, you can go ahead to pair:
- Take out the earbuds from their charging case, this will automatically turn them on.
- Place the earbuds in your ear and place your fingers on the sensors for about 5 seconds. You will hear a beep sound, which implies that they are in pairing mode.
- Unlock your iPhone, find Bluetooth via Settings, and turn on the Bluetooth switch.
- The WF-1000XM4 will be listed among the available devices, Select it.
- If you need to input a password, enter “0000”.
- The headset will get connected to your iPhone device, and you will hear “Bluetooth connected” from each piece of the headset.
That’s it! Your Sony WF-1000XM4 headset has been paired to your new iPhone successfully.
How to Pair Sony WF-1000xm4 with an IPad
In case you own an iPad and would like to pair them to your Sony WF-1000XM4. You can follow the steps below to connect WF-1000XM4 to your iPad:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Bluetooth.
- Switch Bluetooth On.
- Select WF-1000XM4 from the list of available devices.
- If you need to enter a password, use “0000”.
- The word “connected” will be displayed once the pairing process has been completed.
Now, this is how to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 with an iPad.
How to Pair Sony WF-1000XM4 to PC?
If you have a Personal computer and you would like to pair it with your Sony WF-1000XM4, then here’s how to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 to a PC, follow the steps below:
- Ensure your computer is Bluetooth-enabled.
- Make sure that the computer is within about one meter of the headset.
- Depending on your PC type, you may need to turn on the Bluetooth adaptor, in case you encounter issues turning on Bluetooth, you can refer to the manufacturer’s manual.
If you use Windows 10 OS version 1803 or a later version, you can use the Swift Pair function. Follow the steps below on how to go about this:
- Navigate to Start >> Settings >> Devices.
- Tap on Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- Tick the box with Show notification to connect via the Swift pair function.
- Take out the headset from the charging case.
- Ensure your WF-1000XM4 is in pairing mode.
- If you are using Swift, a pop-up will be displayed.
- Click on Connect.
That’s it! Your Sony WF-1000XM4 headset would have successfully paired to your PC by now.
To connect your headset to your PC without the Swift Pair function, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Start >> Settings >> Devices.
- Click on the Bluetooth option.
- Slide the switch to power on Bluetooth.
- Now, choose WF-1000XM4.
- Click on Pair.
- If you are prompted to input a password, enter “0000”.
- You will hear the voice guidance say, “Bluetooth connected”.
How to Pair Sony WF-1000XM4 to Mac?
Follow the steps below to pair Sony WF-1000XM4 to Mac in case you have one. This step is for macOS version 10.14 or later:
- Make sure your Mac is Bluetooth-enabled.
- Ensure you place the Mac at least within one meter of the headset.
- You may need to power on the Bluetooth adaptor, depending on your computer type.
- In case you encounter issues while turning on Bluetooth, you can refer to the manufacturer’s manual.
- Power on the computer’s speakers.
- Take out the headset from the charging case.
- Ensure your Sony WF-1000XM4 is already in pairing mode.
- Go to System Preferences and choose Bluetooth from the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.
- Select WF-1000XM4 from the list of available devices under Bluetooth.
- Click on Connect.
- If you are required to enter a password, type “0000”.
- Search for the voice guidance: “Bluetooth Connected” from your headset.
- Tap on the speaker’s icon at the top right of the screen and select WF-1000XM4.
Now, your Sony WF-1000XM4 has been paired successfully to your Mac.
You can now easily pair your Sony WF-1000XMF4 with various smart devices. Kindly visit our website for more info and check out other “how-to guides” that you may find helpful to you.