The Oculus Store has various exciting games and app that provides interesting VR experiences. However, at times, a purchase might disappoint or frustrate you. This article has been compiled to show you how to refund Oculus games without any hassle. Read on!
To request a refund for a game or app you purchased on the Oculus Store, you can make use of the companion Oculus app on your smartphone, irrespective of the Oculus headset that you have.
You can as well request a refund for an app you got as a gift. However, it is important to note that only the recipient can request a refund. Then, the money returns to the buyer, not you.
Before you can request for refund of Oculus games, you need to be conversant with the Oculus Store refund conditions.
What are the Oculus Store Refund Conditions?
The following are the Oculus Store refund conditions. Oculus Quest 2 has several eligibility requirements that you must meet before getting a refund.
To request a refund on a purchase in the Oculus Store, ensure you meet the criteria below:
- You must request a refund on a purchase in the Oculus Store within 14 days of purchase.
- You must have used the app for less than two hours.
- Oculus store rarely permits refunds granted on films, bundles, subscriptions, content purchased in-app, or apps you have earlier refunded and repurchased.
- Even if you don’t qualify for a refund under these terms and conditions, Meta (Oculus’ parent company) may still grant you one.
- This is also applicable to whether the app is faulty or not as advertised.
Once all these conditions have been met, then you will be able to refund Oculus Games.
How to Refund Oculus Games
To refund Oculus Quest games, follow the simple steps below:
- Open the Oculus app on any iPhone, tablet, or other supported device.
- Select the Menu button located at the bottom-righthand corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings.
- Click on Purchase History.
- Search for what you want to refund and click on the three vertical dots.
- Click on Request refund.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and state the reason why you want the refund.
In case the game you selected is ineligible for a refund, a prompt will appear stating the reason. If not, players should be informed that their refund request has been submitted.
Once it’s submitted, users will know within a short period whether it has been accepted or not. It usually takes a few hours but no longer than a single business day.
However, it can take a while before the funds are returned to the account they came from. Therefore, it’s important to note that it’s not an instant process. So far it’s worth the stress and it’s still better than losing the funds permanently for a game that won’t just click. Refund Oculus Games successfully.
How do you Refund a Game on VR?
There is no genuine reason to refund the best VR games out there, but it’s also hard to find VR experiences that click more than traditional games.
Motion sickness and vertigo can make specific titles dreary, and that’s enough to refund a game that just won’t work out.
Before you can qualify for an automated refund, you must follow the steps below:
- Submit your request from the exact device you used to buy the app, or are using the Gift on.
- For eligibility, you can’t have your data cleared after purchasing or redeeming the app, before requesting the refund.
To refund a purchase made on VR, follow the steps below:
- Open the Oculus companion app on your smartphone.
- Click on your profile picture located at the top left.
- Select Purchase History.
- Click on the content you want to request a refund for, and select Request Refund.
- Follow the on-screen instructions circumspectly to request your refund.
How Long do Oculus Refunds Take?
Immediately after you submit your refund request, the Oculus team will review your request and send you an email with an update. While your request is being reviewed, your game will no longer be usable.
This process takes up to five days. However, note that you immediately lose access to the app once you’ve requested a refund. You can as well check the status of your refund request by re-visiting your Purchase History in the Oculus App.
If your refund is granted by the Oculus team, the money will return to your original payment method, which may take up to two weeks. However, if it declines the refund, then you will regain access to the app again.
How many times can you refund Oculus?
You have the grace of 5 refunds over 30 days according to Oculus clarifies VR app return policy.
Oculus Purchase History
Each time you purchase or download content in the Oculus App Store, it will always show up on your VR headset, on your computer, or in your Oculus companion app in your Oculus library.
Just like every other modern browser, the Oculus Quest 2 browser includes a private browsing mode. A private session doesn’t save any browser history; once all private tabs are closed, all cookies, cached data, and history entries will be destroyed.
To view your purchase history, you will need to log into your account on Oculus.com for all your Oculus devices. Follow the simple steps below to view your purchase history:
- Navigate to Oculus.com.
- Tap on Login located at the top right and then sign in to your account
- Select your username at the top right and then choose My Order.
- That’s it!
Can you Cancel an Oculus Refund Request?
Yes, you can! Follow the steps below to cancel an Oculus Refund request.
- Tap on My Orders from the left menu.
- Choose the order with the device you wish to return.
- Locate the option “Return this product”.
- Select your reason for the cancellation from the drop-down menu.
- That’s all! You have successfully cancelled an Oculus Refund request.
Can you get Virtual Desktop for free?
Yes, you can get Virtual Desktop for free when you download the Virtual Desktop Streamer application.
The app is free and made by the same people who made the Virtual Desktop app you purchased on the Quest or Quest 2.
This app is also important for streaming PC content to your headset via Wi-Fi.
Does Oculus Quest 2 have free games?
Fortunately, there are free games available on each VR headset, and the Oculus Quest has a collection of great offerings that you can jump into all for free.
Multiplayer games for free are also available on the Oculus Quest, therefore it makes it possible to can play with all your friends once you refund Oculus games.
Buy Oculus Games
You will need to buy some apps or games to get the maximum enjoyment and the fullest use out of them.
Here’s how you can buy Oculus games on Oculus Quest:
- Tap the Oculus button to bring up the Menu.
- Click on the Oculus Store icon.
- Search for the game or app you want to purchase.
- Tap on the price to buy the game or app.
- That’s it!
Oculus Quest 2 Games List Free 2022
Currently, there are over 200 titles available on the Oculus Quest 2, with more on the way. One of the most recent releases comes in the form of the classic franchise Medal of Honor in a way. Here are the 10 best free Oculus Quest 2 Games as of 2022 once you refund Oculus games:
- Gods of Gravity (App Lab)
- Pokerstars VR (Oculus Store)
- The Silkworm (App Lab)
- Gun Raiders (Oculus Store)
- Echo VR (Oculus Store)
- We Are One Beta (App Lab)
- Ancient Dungeon Beta (App Lab)
- Liminal (Oculus Store)
- Battle Talent (App Lab)
- Moon Rider (In-Browser)
I hope this article has helped you refund Oculus Games on your VR headset without much struggle. Kindly drop your comment in the section below. Thanks for reading thus far.