Do you want to learn about how to remove roller brush from shark vacuum? Then look no further, as we will be explaining the required procedure to remove roller brush from shark vacuum in this article.
The shark vacuum is a popular vacuum cleaner brand available in the market. It comes in various shapes, models and prices, so you always have a shark vacuum cleaner for your particular cleaning need and budget.
Part of the components of the shark vacuum cleaner is the roller brush, which is made with either metal, plastic, or wood, with the material depending on the model of your shark vacuum.
The roller brush is an essential part of the shark vacuum cleaner, as it helps to clean off dirt, hair and every other debris from the floor. Due to its cleaning use, it accumulates dirt and debris buildup regularly, so to maintain it and make it last longer, you have to clean it regularly.
If you want to remove roller brush from shark vacuum either to clean it or to replace the roller brush, the section of the article below will guide you on how to remove roller brush from shark vacuum.
How to Remove Roller Brush From Shark Vacuum
You can easily remove the roller brush from the shark vacuum by following the steps listed below.
- Unplug the Shark vacuum cleaner from the power source.
- Find the Roller brush
- Unwound the screw.
- Remove the Roller brush
Now, we go into the details of how to remove the Roller brush from the Shark vacuum below.
Remove the Shark Vacuum cleaner from its power source
This is an important step you must take before you attempt to remove roller brush from shark vacuum.
You have to unplug the shark vacuum from the power outlet because not doing so could lead to an electrical accident, a fire hazard, or even cause damage to your shark vacuum, all of which can be avoided and prevented by unplugging the shark vacuum.
Find the Roller Brush
Your Shark vacuum cleaner’s roller brush is normally found on the underside. It will be easier to remove if you lay the machine down to reveal its underbelly. The screws keeping the bottom plate in place are easily accessible from this position.
Unwound the Screws
Usually, a screwdriver comes with your shark vacuum cleaner package, but if you no longer have yours, a good screwdriver such as the Philips screwdriver will suffice.
Use the screwdriver to take out all the screws in your shark vacuum cleaner, and remember to keep the screws safe as you will still use them for reassembling the shark vacuum.
Remove the Roller Brush
After unscrewing the screws, you can easily remove roller brush from shark vacuum.
As one end of the brush should already be sliding out, all you need to do is gently pull the other end out of its holding belt to remove the roller brush altogether.
Please pay attention to the position of the roller brush, so you can easily place it back when reassembling the shark vacuum cleaner.
How to Remove Roller Brush from Shark Duo Clean Vacuum Cleaner
You can follow the steps below to remove roller brush from shark duo clean vacuum cleaner.
- Unplug the shark duo clean vacuum cleaner from the power source
- Then detach the main nozzle from the vacuum cleaner.
- Press the eject roller to remove the roller brush.
- Unfasten the three screws attached to the plate to take out the brush.
- Gently wash the brush with clean water and allow it to air dry.
- Once you are done, put the brush back into the brush guard and fasten the screw.
- Then reattach the brush guard back to the shark duo clean vacuum cleaner.
Check out How to Empty a Shark Vacuum Cleaner
You can easily clean the Shark navigator brush roll by following the steps listed below.
- Turn off the Shark navigator vacuum cleaner and unplug it from its power source.
- To lift the brush roll, pull the tab on the left side. Cut away any dirt, string, or hair tangled around the brush roll with the provided hair removal tool or a pair of scissors. You can find the hair removal tool in the nozzle’s onboard storage box.
- If necessary, wash the brush roll and allow it to dry completely for approximately 24 hours.
- Then replace the brush roll in its original position by pulling down on the lid until you hear a click.
You can also clean the soft roller of the shark navigator vacuum by following the steps below.
- Press the release button to remove it from the shark navigator vacuum.
- Using the hair removal tool or a pair of scissors, remove the debris buildup that is attached to it.
- Then wash the soft roller in water to completely remove the dirt.
- Allow to air dry for a minimum of 24 hours before you reassemble it.
If you have followed the steps listed above, you have been able to clean the brush roll of your shark navigator vacuum successfully.
How to Clean Shark Cordless Vacuum Brush Roll
If your Shark vacuum cleaner model is a Shark Cordless, the steps below will teach you how to clean Shark Cordless Vacuum Brush roll.
- Unplug the Shark cordless vacuum cleaner from the power outlet.
- Turn the brush roll compartment anticlockwise and access the brush roll underneath.
- Carefully remove all the dirt and debris buildup attached to the brush roll using a seam ripper or a pair of scissors.
- Then put the brush roll back into its compartment.
We have looked at how to remove roller brush from vacuum cleaner and how to remove roller brush from Shark duo clean vacuum cleaner.
We also looked at how to clean the shark navigator and shark cordless brush roll.
Always remember to unplug the shark vacuum cleaner from the power source before removing, cleaning, or replacing.