If you may purchase an iPhone and find out it was locked by your carrier such as Verizon, At&t, T-Mobile, metro, etc. If you are faced with issues with a locked iPhone, you won’t be able to use your iPhone until the iPhone is unlocked. However, how to remove SIM lock iPhone is another area to focus your attention on when you bought a locked iPhone.
A sim lock is a software restriction added by the service provider where the phone was purchased. These service providers impose strict restrictions on their mobile phones to prevent you from using them with another network provider.
We would take you through how to remove the sim lock on your iPhone, so you can use your iPhone with other service providers and will also save you some money.
How To Remove Sim Lock iPhone
Most service providers offer relatively cheap prices on most of their phones. Most times they offer bundled packages that include a cell phone and prepaid or post-paid plans.
With their post-paid plan, you can purchase a phone and they allow you to pay on a monthly basis which would be deducted from your Credit Card.
Due to their relatively lower price you may decide to purchase your iPhone from a service provider, then find it locked to your carrier. Unlocking your iPhone would mean that you can use your phone with different carriers.
Follow these steps, to unlock your iPhone…
Recommended: Sprint Unlock Phone – All You Need To Know
If your iPhone operates on iOS 14 and later, ensure you follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > General, and tap About.
Under Carrier Lock, you should see a message that says “No SIM restrictions.” If you don’t see that message, contact your carrier.
If your iPhone operates on iOS 13 or earlier, make sure you follow these steps:
- Contact your carrier to make sure that they applied the unlock in their system.
- Restore your iPhone to factory settings.
- Restore your iPhone from a backup.
How To Bypass SIM Lock On iPhone
On how to remove the sim lock iPhone, you can Bypass your iPhone sim lock using a third-party app known as SIMUnlocker. The software is designed to bypass the SIM lock of iPhones running on the apple operating system iOS 12 or upper. The software doesn’t require any special skill or code, as it’s very straightforward.
- Download and install SIMUnlocker on your Windows or macOS laptop.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC with a USB cable. You will be prompt to unlock your iPhone screen passcode and trust the device.
- To remove some software restrictions, SIMUnlocker software requires you to jailbreak your iOS device.
- Finally, bypass the SIM lock. Then wait for some minutes till the unlocking process is completed. Your iPhone will reboot and will be unlocked then insert a new SIM card to your iPhone.
Bypass iPhone SIM Lock with UnlockBoot
The UnlockBoot is an online service, it allows you to easily unlock your iPhone without having to install any software on your computer. This method is very effective, with a very high success rate. Before you proceed with this step, you have to provide the IMEI number. Then place the order but the price often varies depending on the model of your iPhone.
To proceed with the UnlockBoot method:
- Dial *#06# to get the IMEI number of your phone, ensure you save the number.
- Proceed to unlockboot.com, and locate the brand/model of your iPhone. Then click on the unlock now button, you will then be redirected to enter your iPhone IMEI number. Select the payment method that is suitable for you and complete your order.
- After a few hours of placing the order, you will receive an email confirming the order status. Once you receive the confirmation message, remove the SIM and insert the new SIM card, as your iPhone should now be finally unlocked.
Bypass iPhone SIM Lock With Hardware
You can unlock your iPhone with a small piece of hardware that is designed to be inserted in the SIM slot with your Sim card. Your sim card would be placed on the Chip and both be slotted into your iPhone. This process would restore the network in your iPhone and it will function like a factory unlocked iPhone for as long as your sim is placed on the chip.
- You can simply purchase the turbo chip from an online store, then slot this chip into your iPhone then wait till you receive an activation message.
- Then dial *5005*7672*99# to edit the ICCID in the emergency call option.
- Now click on edit ECID and type an active ICCID.
- Once you successfully change the ICCID, eject the Turbo chip SIM and restart your iPhone.
Contact Your Carrier /or/ Service Provider
- Firstly you need to know the IMEI number of your phone, which is a 15-digit number, that is unique to each device. Simply dial *#06# to get the IMEI number of your iPhone. Make sure you save the IMEI number, as it would be required by your service provider when you want to unlock your iPhone.
- Now contact your carrier or service provider to request them to unlock your iPhone. You would be asked to provide your iPhone IMEI number, name, and contact information.
- The carrier will then review your account to ensure you meet all their requirements to unlock your iPhone for free. Then submit a request which may take a few days to be completed and contact your service provider to confirm the status of your unlock request.
Take note that if you are late on a payment or have not fulfilled the service contract, you will not be eligible to unlock your iPhone.
- Now, wait for your wireless provider or wireless carrier to provide you with your iPhone unlock code. Most service providers may send the unlock code via email. While if you live in the USA, they may require you to visit a nearby retail store.
- If the carrier or service provider successfully confirms that your iPhone has been unlocked.
- On how to remove the sim lock iPhone, follow these steps to finish the process:
- Remove the previous sim card and insert a new sim card or back up your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will now be activated
- In case you get a message on your iPhone saying: “The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported carrier store.”
Follow this information to contact your service provider:
- AT&T: Call 1-800-331-0500 or fill out an unlock request online at https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/.
- Sprint: Call 1-888-211-4727 or go to https://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/answers/list and click on the “Chat” tab.
- T-Mobile: Call 1-877-746-0909 or go to https://support.t-mobile.com/community/contact-us and select the live chat option.
- Verizon: Call 1-800-711-8300 and ask for a SIM unlock.
What Do I Do When My iPhone Says Locked SIM?
Whenever you get a message that says locked sim, you should contact your service provider or carrier. You would be asked to provide the IMEI number of your iPhone. You can dial *#06# to get the IMEI number of your iPhone.
Then wait for your wireless carrier to provide you with your iPhone unlock code. Only your Service provider can provide you with the code to unlock your iPhone and can’t be provided by apple.
Can SIM Lock Be Removed
Yes, the sim lock can be removed, if you can’t contact your service provider, you can try the bypassing method. This method allows you to unlock the lock software that was paced by our service provider on your mobile phone. But using the bypassing methods that we provided would cost you some money unlike contacting your service provider which won’t cost you a penny but may take a longer time.
Can You Unlock an iPhone SIM Lock?
Yes, you don’t have to panic if your iPhone comes with a sim lock, as you can try to bypass the sim lock using third-party software or using a hardware chip.
In conclusion, the SIM lock is to prevent you from using a different Sim and network on your phones. So, whenever you want to purchase an iPhone from a carrier or service provider, ensure you have their SIM and their plans to cover your region the iPhone is unlocked before you purchase it.