We are all talented in one way or the other, and a lot of us are ready to groove with it where and when necessary. That is why TikTok is launch to help you showcase your talent in a short video whether by dancing or by motivating your audience. If you know of a trick, you can share it with TikTok users to know about your talent. However, to make TikTok better by the day, TikTok added a lot of filters to choose from. But, due to these many filters, it’s hard to know which TikTok filter is best for your video and which is not best. And since TikTok allows you to delete or remove filters that you are not using, or you think might be useless to have on your list of TikTok filters, it’s better to remove them. Therefore, in this guide, you will learn how to remove TikTok filters from your account.
Table of Contents
How Do You Understand TikTok Filter?
Filters are beautiful images or logos or icons or emoticons to change how your videos or images appear after editing. Each TikTok account comes preinstalled these filters with free access to download as many as possible from the list.
To know more about filters and how to add to videos to upload on TikTok refer to this guide.
How to Remove TikTok Filter
You can get rid of or remove the TikTok filter effect from your video as well as add at least one filter and at most, as many as you want to your TikTok video.
All filter editing on your video should be done before uploading. Once they are uploaded, you can no longer remove the filter from the video. Also, it’s not possible to remove video filters from TikTok video from other people.
- Open the “TikTok” app on your phone.
- Tap on the “head cogwheel” to open your account “Profile.”
- Tap “Draft” to access “Saved” videos.
- Tap on the “Video” to “Remove Filter” from if you have multiple videos.
- Tap the “Back” button to take you back to the “Video” editing screen before you post it.
- Tap “Effect” in the app menu.
- Tap the “Back Arrow” button to undo all the filter effects you have added to the video.
- Tap on the “Next” button to “Save” changes.
- Tap “Draft” to save or “Post” to make the video public.
You can undo all TikTok filters effect using the arrow reverse button. But, there is no way to select filters you don’t want to remove from your TikTok video. Once you choose to remove the filters, all will be removed.
How to Remove Filter from TikTok Video After Recording
TikTok allows you to record directly from the app in case you do not wants to upload the videos directly from your gallery. However, if the filters are added after recording the video and the videos are ready for posting, you can undo all filter effects.
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Tap on the “head with shoulder” to the bottom right.
- Tap “Draft” and select the video you want to remove its filter effects.
- Tap the “back” button to take you back to the editing screen.
- Tap on the “Filters” under “Voice Effects.”
- Swipe the menu option to “Portrait” and tap “Normal”.
- Done. The “Filters” you added to the video will be removed.
It’s quite unfortunate that there is no way to remove all filters from the TikTok video one after the other. Selecting “Normal” as instructed will remove all the filters, but the one you need the ones you do not need.
How to Manage TikTok Filter
There is a way to manage and remove TikTok filters that you are not using. If you think the list of TikTok filters is too much for you can reduce the number of filters to show while using the app.
- Launch the “TikTok” app on your phone.
- Tap the “+” icon on the app welcome screen.
- Tap on “Filters.”
- Swipe the menu to the left and tap “Manage.”
- Uncheck “All” filters you do not need in portrait, Landscape, Food, and Vibe.
- Once you are done remove filters you are not interested in, tap the back button.
When managing the “TikTok Filter,” you cannot remove “Normal, F1, F2, F3, and F4 under the portrait, B1, B2, and B3 under “Landscape,” G1, G2, and G3 under “Food,” and V1, V2, and V3 under “Vibe.”