If you have been having issues with your TV remote and have been wondering about the possibility of being able to reset the TV remote, then, you are reading the perfect TV remote reset article. This article will explain the necessary steps you need to take to reset a TV remote. This works on almost all kinds of TV remotes.
The TV remote is an essential part of the TV, as it is the device you’d typically use to navigate through your Television and perform various functions, like turning the TV on and off, increasing or reducing the volume and switching channels.
Some of these actions might be difficult to perform if your TV remote is not functioning, and some might require you to stand up and go to your TV to perform them.
If you are having issues with your TV remote, the best idea might be to reset it.
The next section of this article will give you a detailed explanation of how you can reset a TV remote.
How to Reset a TV Remote
The TV remote is an integral part of the TV as it gives you enough flexibility to navigate through it and perform various functions without pressing the buttons on the TV.
It can be incredibly frustrating if your TV remote is not working, but thankfully, most of the issues that can go wrong with a remote can be resolved when you reset the remote.
You can reset a TV remote by following the steps below.
- Remove the casing cover at the back of the remote.
- Then remove the remote batteries, and if you think the batteries are already weak, you should get a replacement.
- Then wait approximately 5 – 7 minutes before replacing the batteries in the remote.
- Then put back the casing cover.
Once you have followed the steps above, you have been able to reset a TV remote successfully. You can now use the remote to confirm that its issues have been resolved.
How to Reset a Smart TV Remote
Smart TVs are the current rave when it comes to TV, as they offer more features and use cases than traditional TV.
Notwithstanding, the Smart TV also uses a remote primarily for navigation and other purposes, so it might be pretty stressful to be experiencing issues with the remote.
However, like the traditional TV remote, many of the issues that might be wrong with the smart TV remote can be resolved via resetting the remote.
You can reset the smart TV remote by following the instructions below.
- Remove the battery cover of your smart TV remote and take out the batteries.
- Then press and hold down the power button on the remote for about 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds have elapsed, you can put the batteries back into the remote and put the cover in place.
Once you have done this, you can attempt to use the Smart TV remote with your Smart TV to confirm that you have successfully resolved the issue that prompted the reset.
You can also check out How To Tell if your TV is a Smart TV.
How to Reset a TV Remote (Samsung)
The Samsung TV is one of the best available TVs available in the market; it gives great value for your money by providing many excellent features, including a clear and crisp display and good sound quality.
The Samsung TV remote is part and parcel of the TV as it helps navigate through it and perform various necessary functions efficiently.
If your Samsung TV remote is faulty, you can reset a TV remote by following the steps below.
- Remove the battery cover at the back of the remote.
- Then remove the remote batteries, and check if they are still suitable for use, and if not, you should get a replacement.
- Then hold on for about 5 – 7 minutes before replacing the batteries in the remote.
- After correctly inserting the batteries, you can put back the battery cover.
If you have been able to follow the instructions above, it implies that you have been able to reset a TV remote. You can then use the remote with your Samsung TV to ensure that you have been able to resolve the issue that prompted the reset.
How to Resolve Universal Remote not Working
The Universal remote is a type of remote that is known to work with various TV brands, and this can be of great help, especially when you have various TV brands, as you would not need to have many different remotes.
If, for some reason, your Universal remote has stopped working with your device, you can try any or all of the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Put new batteries in the remote, as the issue might be occurring because the batteries in the remote are already weak and can no longer power it.
- Confirm that the infrared sensor of your TV is not blocked, as this might prevent the TV from picking the signals from the remote.
- Then try to move a little closer to the TV and use the remote cause the TV might be unable to pick up the signals from the remote if you are using it from a very far distance. You can try various distances until you find the distance that works for you and the TV.
- You can also attempt to reprogram the TV’s preset code into your remote control.
If you have tried all these methods with no solution, you can also try resetting the Universal remote by following the basic steps below.
- Open the battery cover at the back of the remote and remove the remote.
- Then press every button on the remote twice.
- Afterward, you can insert the batteries back into the remote and put the battery cover in place.
If you have followed any or all of the instructions given in this section of the article, you should have been able to resolve the issue of the universal remote not working.
How to Reset a TV Remote (LG)
LG is known for producing high-quality gadgets and electronics, including the TV and its remote.
The TV remote is an integral part of the TV, and if it is not functioning as it ought to due to bugs or glitches, it can dampen your viewing experience.
However, you should be able to quickly resolve whatever glitches might be affecting the remote by resetting it.
You can reset an LG TV remote by following the instructions below.
- Remove the battery casing cover at the back of the remote.
- Then remove the batteries in the remote and inspect them; if they are weak, you should replace them with new ones.
- Then wait about 5 – 7 minutes, after which you can put the batteries back in the remote.
- Then cover the battery compartment with its case.
Once you have done this, you have been able to reset a TV remote; you can then use the remote with your TV to ensure that it is now functioning as expected.
This article has explained how you can reset a TV remote, and we also looked specifically at how you can reset Smart TV remotes and Samsung and LG remotes.