In one of our previous articles on how to reset Samsung TV, we consider how to reset your Samsung smart TV without a remote. If you have not read the article please consider the guide here. And in this guide, we will consider how to reset Samsung TV PIN.
The Samsung Smart TV PIN can be used for a different purpose on the Samsung TV. The purpose of the TV PIN includes formatting or restoring your Samsung TV to default settings, setting parental control on the TV, etc.
The Samsung TV PIN serves are a lock and unlock code for Samsung Smart TV. If forgotten some tasks on your Samsung TV will not be carried out such as when you want to restore the Samsung TV to factory or default settings.
All Samsung TV or Samsung Smart TV generic number or code is set to be “0000″ or four zeros. However, this PIN is subject to change. But if forgotten it could prove really add to reset.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how to reset Samsung TV PIN with remote and without remote to have a complete guide on how to easily reset your Samsung Smart TV PIN.
Turn off Samsung Smart TV Instant Feature
First, you need to turn off the Samsung TV instant feature when you want to reset your Samsung TV PIN if the feature is turned on. However, if the instant feature is not available on the device, the feature would have been turned off automatically.
Therefore, we will consider how to turn off Samsung TV instant feature first before considering how to reset Samsung TV PIN.
- Press the Samsung TV menu button on your Remote.
- Go to “Settings” and select “System.”
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Select the “Samsung Instant.”
- Choose “Off” to turn of the feature.
Once the Samsung Instant feature has been turned off then you can proceed with how to reset Samsung TV PIN below.
How to Reset Samsung TV PIN
If you forget your Samsung Smart TV PIN or code, follow the steps below to learn how to easily reset your Samsung Smart TV PIN.
- Press the “Home” or “Menu” button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Choose “Settings” >> System.”
- Navigate to “General” and press the “Enter” button on the remote.
- Scroll down to “Samsung Instant Option” and select “Off” to turn off the option.
- Turn off your Samsung Smart TV to put the TV in standby mode.
- Leave the TV for about 30 seconds or more [do not turn it on yet].
- Press “Mute >> 8>>2 >> 4 >> Power” on your remote to reset the Samsung TV PIN.
- Wait for the TV to power on.
Once the Samsung Smart TV has powered on the Samsung TV PIN will be reset to the default PIN “0000.” After this, you can proceed to change the generic or default PIN to a personalized PIN.
How to Change Samsung Smart TV PIN
The Samsung Smart TV generic PIN cold is too simple. However, you can change it to a personalized PIN. Therefore, in this part of the guide, we will consider how to change the Samsung Smart TV PIN.
- Press the Menu button and select “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “General” and press the “Enter” button.
- Choose “System” or “System Manager” based on your Samsung TV configurations.
- Select “Change PIN.”
- Enter your Samsung Smart TV default PIN. This 4 digit code and if you are using the default code the 4 digit code are “0000.”
- Enter a new PIN [4 digit code] into the new PIN slot and repeat the PIN on the second column.
A pop-up will appear that you have successfully changed the TV PIN.
At this point, you should be able to reset your Samsung Smart TV PIN and change the TV PIN from the default or generic PIN to a personalized PIN.