Aside from resetting your Steam password when you forgot it you should consider resetting it once in a while to stay one step ahead of intruders. But if the technical know-how about how to reset Steam password is what is stopping you here is a guide we put together to teach you how to reset your Steam password.
There are two ways to change your Steam password. While both methods work perfectly but they required different information.
- You can change your Steam password if you still remember the current password but think that the account has been compromised.
- You can reset your Steam password when you can no longer remember the default or current password to your account.
Whichever of the two options you choose to go with; this article will walk you through how to reset your Steam password and regain access to your Steam account.
Recommended: How to Reset and Change your Krowd Darden Password.
How to Change Your Steam Password
You need to remember your current Steam password if you want to change the current or default password to something different. So, follow the steps below you will learn how to change your Steam password.
- Sign into your Steam client account with the current password.
- Open the Steam client and go to the “Settings” tab.
- Choose the “Account” tab, and click on “Change Password”.
- You will be prompted to enter your current password.
- A confirmation code will be sent to your email for verification.
- Enter the code you received in the box within the Steam
- Enter a new set of passwords for your Steam account. We advise you to enter something different.
- Once the new password has been confirmed you will receive an email confirming the password change and the password detail in your associated email address.
This is different from resetting your Steam password. However, the result is the same but you need the current password to change your password.
How to Reset Steam Password
This is mainly if you cannot recollect your Steam password. But if your Steam password is saved on your password manager you can simply copy the password from the storage and use it to access your device. But, if otherwise is the case, you’d need to reset the password and set a new passcode for your Steam account.
Therefore, following the steps below you will learn how to reset Steam password if forgotten.
- Go to the Steam website and click Login.
- Click “Help, I can’t sign in” on the “Steam” login page.
- Choose “I forgot my Steam Account name or Password.”
- Enter your “Steam Email” or “Phone” number on the column.
- Click on “I’m not a robot.”
- Click on the “Search” button to search the Steam database for your information.
- Choose “Email an Account verification code to” the Steam account associated email address. But if you no longer have access to the email account you should consider “I No Longer Have Access to this Email.” You will then need to fill in all the Steam-requested information for Steam support to be able to contact you.
- You will see “An account verification link was sent to email@example.com.You can close this page and resume your account recovery from this link.
- If you didn’t receive the verification code click on the option to resend the account verification code.
- Open a new tab and sign into your email account where the verification code was sent to.
- Click on “Resume Recovery.”
- Choose and click “Reset my Password” under “What is blocking you from signing in?
- Enter your “New Password” under “Reset Password” and confirm the password in the second column.
- Click on “Change Password.”
This is quick and easy. However, you can also use a similar approach to change your Steam username if you can’t remember it. Meanwhile, the step above will log out of your Steam account on all devices.
How to Reset Steam Password on the App
Following the steps below you will be able to reset your Steam account password on the mobile app just like we did via the Steam official website in the previous section.
- Launch the Steam app on your smartphone.
- Click on the three lines at the top left.
- Scroll down at the left sidebar and click on “Account Detail.”
- Scroll down and click on “Change Password.”
- Verify that you own the said account when asked and enter your new password twice into the column provided.
- Click on “Save Changes” to save your new password.
How to Logout Steam on All Devices
Once you have changed your Steam account password successfully you should also consider logging out on all devices to logout other users with the old password.
- Sign into your Steam account.
- Click on the “Settings.”
- Choose “Account“
- Click on “Manage Steam Guard Account Security”
- Click on “Deauthorize all other computers now”
Can’t Reset Steam Password
There is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to reset your Steam password. But, if it happens that you can’t reset your Steam password it could mean that you followed the wrong process.
With this guide, you should know how to reset Steam password and how to successfully change your Steam password if you can recollect the current password to the account.