Knowing how to record screen your on iPhone would be really helpful. You might want to record status on Whatsapp or a live stream on Instagram or maybe even a clip of the game you are playing to save for later or to share with your friends and family. That is why we will show you a step by step guide to help you screen record on iPhone irrespective of the iPhone model you are currently using.
Also, you should note that screen recording is built into every iPhone, but to use it, you need to first see if the screen record button is showing in your control center. We would show you how to bring the screen record button to your control center if it is not there already.
How to Screen Record on iPhone
Here is your guide to record screen on your iPhone.
Like we mentioned earlier, the first step is to ensure the screen record button is in your control center. To access your control center, all you need to do is swipe down if you are using an iPhone X or later versions.
However, if you are using an iPhone 8 or earlier versions, just swipe up. The screen record button looks like a dot with a circle around it. If it is there fine, if not, we will show you how to add it below.
- To begin with, open up Settings panel on your iPhone.
- Then tap on the Control Centre and select Customize Controls.
- This is where you need to go to add or remove items from your Control Centre. Once you select Customize Controls, scroll down, and hit the green button with a +, which is next to Screen Recording.
- Once you do this, it will be moved from the More Controls section at the bottom of the screen to the include section at the top.
Record your Screen
Now that you have successfully added the screen record button, the next step is to show you how to record your screen using the button. Follow our guide below to do this:
- The first step is to launch the application or website you intend to record.
- Then open your Control Centre Menu by either swiping up (iPhone X or later) or down (iPhone 8 or earlier), depending on the type of iPhone you are using.
- Select the “Do Not Disturb Button”, which looks like a Crescent moon. This will help you pause all your notifications temporarily so that they don’t interrupt your screen recording. Also, you can press and hold the Do Not Disturb button, and it will give you several options like scheduling when you want to pause your notifications or switching the notifications off for an hour. However, if you intend to record everything that appears on your screen, including your notifications, then you can skip this step.
- Then tap the screen record button while you are still in the Control Centre. Once you do this, you will see a timer that will give you three seconds before your screen starts to record. Then, tap on your screen again to hide the Control Centre menu.
- This will record both the audio and video of whatever is displayed on your screen; however, if you should probably note that it would not record any audio that is not generated from your phone. So if you are talking or there is some noise in your environment, the screen record will not capture it unless you turn on the microphone.
- If you would like to turn on your microphone, you would need to do this before you start the screen record. Simply press and the screen record button and click on the microphone button, which you will see pop up on your screen.
- Afterward, you can now begin to record by tapping on the Screen Recording button. Once again, you will see the 3 seconds timer before it starts recording. Then, you can exit the Control Centre by tapping any part of your screen.
- You should also bear in mind that once you turn the microphone on, it will stay on until you turn it off back. This means that the next time you want to screen record, the microphone would still be turned on.
- Finally, to stop recording, swipe up or down once again to access your Control Centre and tap on the Screen Record button once again.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the red bar, which might be at the top or side of your screen (depending on your iPhone model). Once you do that, you will see a pop-up window asking if you want to stop the recording, then select stop. However, if you have media open, for instance, if you are watching a YouTube video or and an Instagram story, you would not see this red bar.
- The video would be saved in your Photos app.
You should also read on how to record your computer screen here.
Now, you can see that using a screen record on iPhone is very simple, and it a great feature that allows you to record basically anything on your iPhone screen. If you have any challenges following this, let us know in the comments section below.