You have been trying to figure out how long a facetime call was since you have no idea how long you are spending when the call is still in session due to how the app was designed, except you have been looking at the clock when you started the call.
Facetime which comes pre-installed on Apple devices is one of the best ways of communicating with your family and friend as it offers high-quality videos and excellent audio.
The ease of using facetime has made it one of the most popular video call platforms for iPhone users, as it helps to easily connect with family and friends using either cellular data or wifi connection.
The only issue many people seem to have with the facetime app is that you do not get to see the duration of the call when it is ongoing, which might make you spend more or less time than you planned.
However, this article will show you how to check how long a facetime call was once you are done with the call.
How to Check how Long a Facetime Call Was
Facetime is designed in a way that you do not see the duration of a call when it is ongoing, but you can always check when the call has ended.
The process of checking how long a facetime call was is quite easy and can be done by following the instructions below.
- Open the facetime app on your Apple device.
- Then click on the recent tab option.
- Then scroll through to check the call you want to check the timeframe and click on the I icon right beside it.
- Then look at the duration of the call from the call details that will appear on your screen.
If you followed the instructions listed above, you should have been able to check how long the facetime call was successful.
Fact: The easiest way to see how long you have spent on a Facetime call is to look on the screen and locate the time reading.
You can also check out How To Mute Someone On Facetime
How to Check How Long a Group Facetime Call Was
Facetime can have a group call when a maximum number of 32 people can be in a single call.
You can join facetime video calls if you use iOS 12 and above, while the older version of iPhone users can join as audio participants.
While you cannot check the duration of the group facetime call while it is ongoing, you can immediately check the call ends by following the instructions below.
- Tap the recent tab option.
- Then scroll to the group call in the call tab and click on the I icon right beside it.
- Then look at the duration of the call from the call details that will show on the phone screen.
Following these instructions will help you accurately determine how long a group facetime call was.
How to Make a Facetime Call
Once you use an iPhone and you have a good internet connection, you can make a facetime call by following the instructions below.
- Launch the facetime app on your Apple device.
- Then select new facetime at the top of your screen.
- Then enter the name or number of the person you want to face time with and select either the video call or the audio call option.
How to Start a Group Facetime Call
You can have a group call with a maximum number of 32 participants on the call by following the instructions below.
- Go to your device settings and ensure that facetime is turned on.
- Then launch the facetime app and select new facetime.
- Then enter the contacts of the people you want to add to the call and click either the video call or the audio call option to start the call.
How to See How Long Your Facetime Call was iOS 14
While you cannot check from the facetime app how long a facetime call was when the call is in session.
You can check the call duration when the call has ended by following the instructions below.
- Open the facetime app and go to the recent tab.
- Then go to the call you want to check the duration and click the I icon beside the call.
- Then look through the call details that will appear on your screen to see how long the call was.
How to See How Long You’ve Been on Facetime Without Hanging Up
Facetime does not make provision for you to see how long a facetime call is when the call is still ongoing, so for most versions of the iOS, you would have to wait for the call to end before you can see the duration of the call.
However, if you use the iOS 13 version, you can try this workaround to see how long an ongoing facetime call is when it is still in session.
All you have to do is to start your timer before starting your facetime call, so you can always minimize the call when it is ongoing to see how much time you have spent.
Although you should note that this might cause a few hiccups and prevent the call from running as smooth as it should when you minimize it.
A basic workaround you can try for every iOS version is to note the time when the call begins on a piece of paper, and anytime you want to know how long the call has been, you can check the current time to compare it with the start time.
How to See How Long You’ve Been on Facetime
While facetime is not designed to show you the duration of the call while it is still in session, you can note the time that the call started on your clock, and anytime you want to know how long you’ve been on a facetime call, you only have to check the current time to compare.
Also, if you use the iOS 13 version, you can start the timer before the call, and anytime you want to see the current duration of the call, you can minimize the call and check your timer.
How Long Does a Facetime Call Rings For
The time a facetime call will ring depends on how fast or slow the person on the receiving end picks the call.
Although a facetime call will ring a maximum of 11 times, if the receiver does not pick up the call, you will be informed that the person you are trying to call is unavailable.
This article has shown you how to check how long a facetime call was.
We also discussed workaround solutions you can employ to check how long you’ve been on a facetime call since facetime does not usually show the duration when a call is still in session.