A lot of friends we want to keep in touch on Facebook by sending friend requests to be able to send messages, make video calls, voice calls, and see your Facebook updates. However, if you are not a regular Facebook users it could be frustrating to see all your pending friends requst on Facebook. So, in this guide we will take a look at how to see pending friend requests on Facebook.
Meanwhile, you can view your Facebook friend requests on mobile, computer, and an on macOS device.
However, for easiest way to see pending requests, the Facebook web offers a wider screen and a similar approach to seeing all your friend requests on Android and iOS devices respectively.
Therefore, in this guide, we will consider how to see all your friend requests that are still pending and how you can cancel them if you want on phone and computer.
Why do you need to view Pending Friend Requests on Facebook?
You may think that viewing the friend requests you submitted but did not receive a response is pointless. However, for users who are serious about creating connections on this social media platform, this is an essential tool. Three things can happen once you send a friend request to someone. They include:
- The first is they can accept your friend request and in such instances, you will get a notification and can look up the individual in your friend list.
- The second possibility is that they will deny your friend request, therefore will be no communication for this move, and there will be no other immediate indication that they did not accept the request.
- Finally, they may wish to pause for a moment before accepting your friend request. As a result, your friend request remains pending. Even in this case, there is no notification.
Once you can see who is still contemplating your friend requests on Facebook, you will know where you still have some chance. In that scenario, you might send them personal messages on Facebook Messenger stating why you want to be their friend.
If you have any mutual friends, you might also ask that person to DM you about your friend request. It may appear to be a far-fetched activity, but it could work if you are lucky! You can also see who has denied your friend requests by looking at the pending friend requests
How to See Pending Friend Requests on Facebook
The fastest way to see pending friend requests on Facebook is to log in through your computer or web browser. The following are the procedures you can use to see what friend requests are still outstanding on your computer:
- Log in to facebook.com using your account details.
- From the left column, select Friends.
- Select Friend Request from the Friends column on the left.
- Return to the left side and click the View Sent Requests option.
- On your screen, you will see all of the sent requests that are still pending.
- You can cancel a request for any profile by clicking the Cancel Request button.
- This will cancel your friend request and remove their name from the list of those who have not responded.
How to Find Pending Friend Requests on Facebook Mobile
You can use your mobile browser to access your Facebook account to send friend requests, accpet friend request, send and receive messages; in short, you can do virtually on your can do on Facebook web on the Facebook mobile app.
So, here we will show to you how to find pending friend requests on Facebook on your mobile phone.
- Open Facebook and log in to your account.
- In the top-right corner, tap the hamburger menu.
- Choose Friends from the drop-down menu.
- To proceed to the page where received friend requests are listed, click the Requests button.
- Select the three dots.
- View sent requests options will be displayed on the button.
- You will now see all of the outstanding requests, as well as the Cancel buttons.
- If you no longer wish to be their friend, you can cancel the request by clicking on the Cancel button.
How to Check pending Friend Requests on Facebook on Android
You may also view your pending friend requests if you use the Facebook Android app. Simply follow these instructions to see the pending requests:
- Click the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) in the Facebook app.
- On the following screen, select Friends from the menu selections.
- Select the Requests option.
- Select the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap the View sent requests option, which will display at the bottom of the screen.
- The pending friend requests will be displayed on the next screen.
- You can also check how many requests have been made and how much time has passed since you sent the request to each person.
- You can also deny the requests by tapping the Cancel button.
How to Check Pending Friend Requests on Facebook on iPhone
You can also use the Facebook iOS app to check pending friend requests on Facebook from your iPhone or iPad. The processes are likewise simple and practically similar to those of the Android app. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Friends tab at the bottom of the screen.
- On the top, click the Requests button.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Tap on the View Sent Requests button that appears at the bottom.
- You may now see all of the pending requests.
- This page also displays the total number of outstanding friend requests as well as the time elapsed for each request.
- If you no longer wish to be friends with someone, or if they haven’t responded to your request in a long time, you can click the Cancel button.
How to Cancel a Friend Request on Facebook
You can view pending friend requests on Facebook using the techniques described above, depending on the device or platform you use to access Facebook. To cancel any pending friend requests,
- Click the Cancel or Cancel Request button next to each profile.
- This will cancel the request, and you can send a new friend request to that individual if you like.
Facebook is a fantastic platform for discovering long-lost friends and meeting new people. You must send friend requests to people on Facebook to become friends with them. It becomes impossible to tell if someone has canceled your friend requests or still has those pending unless they accept them.
Things get simpler once you understand how to view pending friend requests on Facebook. However, the steps above offers straightforward techniques to see Facebook pending requests on Android, iOS, web, and mobile browsers.