iMessage is a convenient messaging app for iPhone users. To further extend the comfort, iMessage has Apple Pay integrated into the app, and you can always send money in iMessage.
If you are unsure about the steps you need to take to send money in iMessage, this article has got you covered, as we will be exploring how to send money in iMessage using your Apple mobile device.
Apple Pay is a convenient way to make payments online and in person. With the added functionality of having Apple Pay integrated into the iMessage app, sending money to your family and friends has become much more manageable.
The remaining section of this article will explain everything you need to do to send money in iMessage.
How to Send Money in iMessage
The conversations on your iMessage are encrypted for privacy purposes, and Apple Pay is a safe and secure payment platform. So if you are looking for a secure and convenient way to get money across to your family and friends easily, you can always use the Apple Pay feature on your iMessage.
The necessary steps are straightforward, and you will only be debited from the credit or debit card you used to set up your Apple Pay account.
This article will explain how you can send money in iMessage using Apple mobile devices.
You can also learn about How to Add Bank Account to Apple Card Payment.
How to Send Money in iMessage Using an iPhone
As an iPhone user, you can send money using your iMessage to your family and friends by following the instructions below.
- Open the iMessage app on your iPhone and go to the conversation box of the person you want to send money to.
- Then you can either click on the Apple Pay button if it appears on your screen or clicks on the blue icon with an A symbol. Then click on the show keypad option or use the + and – symbols to input the money you want to send.
- Then click the pay button and authorize the payment using your Touch or face ID.
If you follow the instructions above, the receiver should get a credit alert for the money you sent them.
How to Send money in iMessage Using an iPad
As an iPad user, you should have the iMessage app on your device, and you can use it to conveniently send money to your family and friends by following the instructions below.
- Open the iMessage app on your iPad.
- Then begin or continue the conversation with the person you want to send money to and press either the apple pay button or the blue icon with the A inscription.
- Then click the show keypad option and use the keypad option or the + and – buttons to enter the amount you want to send.
- Then tap the pay button and authorize the payment using your touch or face id.
Once the payment has been authorized, you will be debited from your account, and the receiver will receive the amount you have sent.
How to Send Money on iMessage Using a MAC
If you use the iMessage app on your MAC and you signed in to the app with your Apple ID, you can send money on iMessage using your MAC by following the instructions below.
- On your Mac, open the iMessage application.
- You can then start a new chat or carry on your current message with the person you wish to give money to.
- To use Apple Pay, tap or click the blue icon with the A inscription or the Apple Pay button.
- Then, enter the required payment using the keypad or the + and – keys.
- Once you enter the amount you want to send, click the send button.
- Then use your keyboard’s touch ID to approve the payment.
Depending on your Apple device, you can use any of the methods in this section of the article to send money in iMessage.
How to Instantly Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Bank
The instant transfer feature allows you to transfer money instantly to a MasterCard or Visa debit card instead of using the bank transfer feature, which will take 1-3 business days.
You can instantly transfer money to an eligible debit card by following the instructions below.
- If you use an iPhone, open the wallet app, and click on the Apple cash card.
- Then click on the More button and select transfer to bank.
- If you use an iPad, open the settings app and click on the Wallet and apple pay options.
- Then click on your Apple cash card and select bank transfer.
- Then enter the amount you want to send and click next.
- Then if you are yet to have an eligible card, you can click on the add card option and follow the instructions on the screen to set it up.
- Then tap transfer and click on the debit card you want to use to make the transfer.
- Finally, select the card’s billing information you want to use to complete the process.
If you have followed the instructions above, the funds should be transferred to the account in about 30 minutes.
How to Receive Money on Apple Pay
You do not only have to send money with your Apple Pay, but you can also conveniently receive money on your Apple Pay by following the steps below.
- Open the wallet app on your Apple device and tap on your card to see the list of recent transactions.
- Then click on the transaction you want to accept from the list.
- Then tap the accept button to receive the money into your Apple cash account.
Once you have followed the instructions above, the money will be added to your Apple cash account to use as you deem fit.
How to Send Money on Apple Cash Using iPhone
You can use your iPhone to send money with your Apple cash by following the instructions below.
- Open the wallet app on your iPhone and click on the Apple cash card.
- Then click on send and select or add the person you want to send the money to.
- Then click the next button and enter the amount of money you want to send.
- Then click send and tap the send button to cancel or review your payment.
- Then authorize your payment using your face id, touch id, or passcode.
Once you have sent the money, the person will be able to receive it from their end, and you can always cancel the payment if the person is yet to receive it.
This article has explained how you can send money in iMessage on various Apple devices. We also looked at how to do instant transfers using Apple Pay and receive money from Apple Pay.