How to turn off AirPlay on Apple is a bit tricky. But could be easy for a techie individual. What about the non-techie? Well, this article will revolve around how to turn off your AirPlay on your iOS Apple devices.
Airplay is a feature on Apple devices that allows you to stream and share content ranging from audio to videos, photos, and music from your Apple device to your Apple TVs, other popular smart TVs, and loudspeakers.
If you have connected your Airplay to any of your devices and want to turn it off, you should read the next section of this article to see the steps you can use to turn off Airplay on various Apple devices.
Since the Airplay feature is available on Apple devices such as your iPhone, iPad, and MAC, we would expect you to want to know about it. However, the purpose of Airplay is to allow you to share content from your Apple device to Apple TV and other popular smart TVs and loudspeakers.
With that, a time may come that you would want to turn off the AirPlay mode despite its features. With that; we would walk you through the steps to take to turn off your iPhone AirPlay mode.
How to Turn off Audio Streaming For Airplay
If you are using your Airplay to share audio with another device, probably a loudspeaker, in this case, the way to turn off Airplay is to turn off audio streaming.
You can turn off audio streaming on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Open the control centre on your iPhone.
- Then click on the airplay icon, and tap either the connected device or your iPhone to stop the audio streaming.
You can turn off audio streaming on your iPad by following the instructions below.
- Open your iPad and go to the control center.
- Then tap the airplay icon in the control center menu options.
- Finally, click on the connected device or your iPad, and the audio streaming will automatically stop.
Once you have stopped the audio streaming, your Airplay will no longer work, which implies that you have turned it off.
You can also check out How to Resolve Airplay not Working on Samsung TV.
Turn off Screen Mirroring on Airplay
If you are using Airplay to mirror your screen to another device, turning it off will also turn off Airplay on your device.
You can stop screen mirroring on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Open the control center on your iPhone.
- Then click on the screen mirroring icon.
- Then click on stop mirroring to stop the mirroring session.
You can turn off screen mirroring on your iPad by following the instructions below.
- Launch the control center on your iPad.
- Now tap the screen mirroring icon and click on stop mirroring to stop the Airplay mirroring.
You can also follow the instructions below to turn off screen mirroring on MAC.
- Click on the control center at the top right corner of your MAC screen.
- Then click on the screen mirroring icon, and in the popup menu, select display preferences.
- Then click on the airplay display menu at the bottom of the built-in retina display window, and select off.
You can use the appropriate method from the methods listed above to stop screen mirroring on your Airplay as a way of turning it off.
How to Disable Automatic Airplay
In newer versions of the iPhone and iPad operating systems, your device airplay automatically connects with any compatible device. Still, if it is a feature you are not interested in, you can permanently disable it.
You can disable automatic Airplay on your iPhone by following the instructions below.
- Go to your iPhone settings and click on general.
- Then click Airplay & handoff.
- Then click on the automatic Airplay to TVs option.
- Then click never from the available options.
If you are using an iPad, you can disable automatic Airplay on your iPad by following the steps below.
- Open your iPad and go to the settings menu.
- Then click General and select airplay&handoff.
- Then select automatic Airplay to TVs and click never.
Once you have selected the never option, your iPhone or iPad will stop connecting to any compatible device automatically and will only start connecting when you turn it on yourself.
How to Turn off Airplay on MAC
As a MAC user, you can use Airplay to screen mirror from your MAC to any airplay compatible device.
If you are done mirroring and want to turn off Airplay, you can achieve this by following the instructions below.
- Go to the top right corner of your MAC and click on the control center icon.
- Then click on the screen mirroring icon, and a popup menu will appear.
- Then click on display preferences from the popup menu.
- Then go to the bottom of the built-in retina display window and click on the airplay display menu.
- Then select off from the available options.
Following the instructions above implies that you have successfully turned off airplay by stopping screen mirroring on your MAC.
How to Turn off Airplay Music on iPhone
Suppose you are using your iPhone to play music and cast audio using your airplay to a compatible airplay device. In that case, you can turn off the airplay music by following the instructions below.
- Open the control center on your iPhone, and you’d see the media player with the current song and the singer’s name.
- Since you are streaming with airplay, you will see the airplay icon light up at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then click on the airplay icon to turn it off.
Once you have followed the steps given above, your iPhone will stop streaming the audio to any airplay compatible device.
How to Remove Airplay From Lock Screen.
Airplay is usually situated on the lock screen so you can use and control it easily; however, due to it being on the lock screen, it is quite possible to accidentally turn it on even when you do not need it.
You can follow the steps below if you would like to remove airplay from your lock screen.
- Click on the airplay icon on your lock screen.
- Then click on the control other speakers & TV option.
- Then click on the iPhone button and press the ON/OFF/wake button to get your iPhone to sleep.
Once the screen wakes up, the airplay widget will no longer appear on your iPhone screen.
How to Turn off Airplay on iPhone 11
You can always switch off airplay on your iPhone 11 by following the basic instructions below.
- Open the control center of your iPhone.
- Then click on the airplay icon on the menu.
- Then select either iPhone or connected devices to turn it off.
This article has explained the different ways you can turn off airplay using your iPhone, iPad, and MAC.