A Peloton bike is a stationary indoor bike used for intense indoor exercise, Having a peloton bike brings a lot of ease to those that prefer staying indoors or most preferable those with remote work
If you have a peloton bike or bike plus indoor bike and you are stuck on how to turn Peloton on, kindly follow through on this article as I will be breaking down the series of steps you should follow on how to turn Peloton on.
However, before we proceed, it is important to know what is required, probably there might be one or two things you have skipped which are recommended practices before turning on your peloton bike
Required Steps to take Before Turning on your Peloton Bike
Before i go on to show you how to turn peloton on there are a few things you want to confirm such as these below:
- Make sure your Peloton bike is firmly levelled on the ground, and also ensure it’s not shaky.
- In addition to that, it’s always a good practice to place a mat under the indoor equipment to limit floor damages
- moving on, it is also necessary to space the peloton bike away from the walls by at least 60cm apart.
This might not seem like a big deal to you but it is because you can prevent unnecessary damages and limit injuries while using your indoor bike.
Moving on, let’s proceed to how to turn peloton on (bike).
How to turn Peloton on: [bike]
To turn on your Peloton bike below are the steps you should take to power it on:
- Locate your power jack with the cord and plug it with the bike.
- Next, plug the peloton power cord plug in a power outlet
- As soon as the bike is plugged, Turn the bike on by pressing the button located at the back of the touch screen
- Now, since the touch screen is on simply connect to your wifi route by entering your credentials and then proceed to activate your Peloton account
- while activating the email, you will be required to use the mail used during purchase.
- If you see an activation key on the screen proceed to activate your account with it. and customize your name too.
By now, you are set and ready to use the Peloton touchscreen
How to Turn on Peloton Bike Plus
If you have a Peloton Bike plus instead below here are the steps you should take to power it on:
- Locate your power adapter and connect it to a power outlet
- Next, Plug the power cord into the power jack and it into the back of your bike.
- Once the bike is plugged, Turn the bike on by pressing the button located at the back of the touch screen
Moving on you can connect your peloton bike plus using either wifi or ethernet cable using the post at the back of the screen.
Proceed to activate your peloton account and customize your username. by entering the email you used during the purchase to activate it.
If you see an activation key on the screen proceed to activate your account with it. and customize your name too.
If you have been able to turn Peloton on, let’s proceed to how you can power off the bike.
How to Turn Off Peloton Screen [Bike]
After using your peloton device, here’s how you can turn it off.
- Gently press the power button on your peloton screen and wait till you see the “shutdown” option
As soon as you do that the screen will go OFF now, turn off the power outlet.
Here are the steps to take to fix Peloton bike won’t turn on.
How to Turn Off Peloton Screen (Bike +)
If you have a Peloton bike plus follow these instructions to power it OFF
- Press the power button on your peloton screen and wait till you see the “shutdown” option
- As soon as you do that the screen will go oFF now, turn off the power outlet.
Turning OFF your peloton device is important since the device consumes electricity and you don’t want that amount of electricity wasting away on your bills.
If you don’t turn off your peloton bike screen, it will go to sleep, that doesn’t mean it’s been OFF, so
What do you do if your Peloton Bike Screen won’t Turn on
if your peloton screen won’t turn off try out these troubleshooting tips
Check the Physical power supply
The most obvious thing you want to check is the peloton bike power connection, your peloton bike comes with a power plug and power brick.
Verify that they are correctly connected and not loose. Also, check the power adapter and power supply cords and ensure that they are connected firmly.
If they are correctly connected try out the next troubleshooting step
Check the connection at the back of the screen
At the back of the display screen, there are some wires connected there just as seen in the image below, you want to verify that they are there and firmly connected.
If you use a bike(+) follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Peloton Bike (plus) Screen won’t Turn on
In case your Peloton Bike + screen won’t turn on kindly check out the following.
Check the Physical power supply
Over here you want to ensure that your peloton bike plus power connection, are correctly connected and not loose. Also, ensure the power adapter and power supply cords are firmly connected.
After doing that, You should see a white light on the power adapter if it is correctly connected.
If your peloton screen isn’t coming proceed to the next troubleshooting step
Check the connection at the back of the bike (plus) screen
At the back of the display screen, some wires are connected there just as seen in the image below, you want to verify that they are there and firmly connected.
Also, ensure that the audio is connected in the top port while the USB-C cable is connected in the middle port.
Maintenance Tips of your Peloton screen
- It’s a good practice to block out time to clean your Peloton screen when it gets dusty and ensure to make use of a soft cloth for that,
- Avoid using concentrate detergents, alcohol is a better and safer alternative
- Keep your peloton bike out of reach from the play area of your kids. you don’t want to end up getting a new one due to some damages.
- To power OFF your bike touchscreen ensures to always do that gently.
Since you have been exposed to how to turn peloton on, below are some commonly asked questions from Peloton users regarding the Peloton bike.
Peloton Screen not Turning on
If your peloton screen isn’t turning on, you should check for any loose connection from either your power cable or power brick, also ensure the wires at the back of the touch screen are firmly connected. to learn more on how to resolve these issues check here.
Peloton touch screen not working
If your peloton touch screen is frozen or hanging but it is turning on, then you might have to reset your peloton device. check here if you don’t know how to reset it
How to Adjust Peloton Screen
To adjust your peloton screen simply tilt the monitor upward.
How to install Peloton Screen Mount
To install Peloton screen mount follow these steps below
- Remove the square panel at the back of the touch screen
- Set it in the same line as the monitor mount and screw it
- Now change the square panel and plug in the monitor cable
Turning on your Peloton bike device might seem confusing at first if you rarely operate an electronic device. however, it shouldn’t be much of a stress to do since you’ve figured out how to turn peloton on, both the bike and bike plus.
If you’re Pelton device isn’t coming up after trying the troubleshooting tips listed above, then you should contact peloton customer support to help with that.