Procreate is a painting app that is created to work with your iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. It is the most advanced painting app ever and it gives you the feeling of a real-world drawing with the power of digital art.
Procreate has many features. You can edit and undo your editing while using the procreate painting app. Therefore, here we will help you to discover how to undo in procreate app with ease.
Procreate allows you to select multiple layers, stack image elements on top of each other, and paint objects that overlap without changing the work you have already done.
Although the Apple Pencil works best when using procreate, you can also paint on the canvas using your fingertip. With basic gestures, you can move around your canvas, undo or redo, clear, copy, paste, and find useful menus using your finger.
You will now learn how to undo in procreate and how to fix procreate not working issues on your iPad.
How to Undo in Procreate Painting App
With procreate, you can undo up to 250 actions. You should know that if you return to the Gallery or if you exit Procreate, all Undo states will be clear. This acts like you are saving the artwork, and the changes you make will become permanent.
Follow these steps on how to undo in procreating:
- Tap the canvas with your two fingers to undo your previous action. You can place your fingers together or apart from each other.
- A notification will be displayed at the top of the interface. This would let you know which action you undo affected.
- If you would like to undo a series of actions, tap and hold two fingers on the canvas.
- After some time, the app will rapidly go back through your recent changes.
- You should lift your fingers off the canvas to stop this action.
- You can adjust the length of the delay before rapid Undo begins Navigate to Actions > Prefs then adjust the Rapid Undo Delay slider.
How do You Undo And Redo in Procreate
To redo any action or step you have undone, simply tap the canvas with three fingers. You can place your fingers together or place them apart. You can rapidly redo a series of actions by placing three fingers on the canvas.
Why Can’t I Undo in Procreate
The main reason why you can’t undo in procreating is that you are doing the undo gesture wrongly. If you accidentally make a wrong gesture on the app, it will make another move rather than undo it. Therefore, you should always ensure to make the gesture correctly.
The other reasons may include not turning off the zoom accessibility gesture and software glitches which may have resulted from not updating the procreate app.
Procreate Undo Not Working
If you are experiencing issues with the procreate app and undo it with your iPad pro. Follow these steps to fix this issue:
Close Procreate on Your iPad
First close procreate if you are faced with procreate undo not working or if other features are not working on procreating.
Clear procreate on Your iPad
Now clear procreate and other background apps, as this may be a temporary issue that may have been caused by heavy apps that are opened at a time on your device.
Reboot Your iPad
Rebooting your iPad can help to fix software glitches that may have led to the issues of Procreate undo not working on your device.
To restart an iPad without a home button, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the volume and the top button until the power off slider is displayed on your device.
- Now drag the slider and wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
- To turn the iPad back on, Press and hold the top button until the Apple logo is displayed.
To restart an iPad with a home button, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the top button until the power off slider is displayed on your iPad.
- Drag the slider, then wait for 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
- To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until the Apple logo is displayed on your iPad.
Turn Off Zoom Accessibility Gesture
Ensure you turn off the zoom accessibility gesture. If the procreate undo feature is not working on your iPad then there is a step to take to rectify it.
- Go to your iPad settings
- Under General tap Accessibility
- Turn off Zoom.
Now try to perform the gesture slowly and methodically by placing some paint on the canvas, then place three fingertips on the canvas to undo a step.
Apple is always looking for ways to improve its products. Using an updated procreate app on your iPad would help to fix bugs for large canvas lagging and the corruption of Canvases in stacks after attempted deletion.
This update provides some much-anticipated quality-of-life bug fixes for large Canvas lagging after performing undos.
How to Undo in Procreate Pocket
Tap the canvas with your two fingers to undo your previous action. You can place your fingers together or apart from each other. A notification will be displayed at the top of the interface. This would let you know which action you undo affected.
If you would like to undo a series of actions, tap and hold two fingers on the canvas. After some time, the app will rapidly go back through your recent changes. You should lift your fingers off the canvas to stop this action.
You can adjust the length of the delay before your rapid Undo begins Navigate to Actions > Prefs then adjust the Rapid Undo Delay slider.
There are so many gesture shortcuts that can be performed, you can undo/redo, clear, copy, paste, etc. with your fingertips.
- Pinch to zoom: You can use a pinch to zoom in and out of your artwork. To zoom out, place your fingers on the canvas and pinch your fingers together while to zoom in, pinch your fingers apart.
- Pinch-twist to rotate: You can pinch and twist to rotate your canvas to any angle you want. To rotate your canvas, pinch the canvas and twist your fingers in a circular motion.
- Quick pinch to fit to screen: Use a quick pinching motion to fit your canvas to the screen. Quick-pinch and pinch to zoom are the same gesture, but a quick pinch is performed faster. When you use Quick-pinch, your canvas interface will pop to full size.
- Two-finger tap to undo: Tap the canvas with two fingers, to undo a previous action. Tap and hold two fingers on the canvas To Undo a series of actions
- Three-finger Tap to Redo: You can redo a step after you must have undone the step using a three-finger touch. Tap the canvas with three fingers together or apart to redo a step. Hold three fingers on your canvas to rapidly redo a series of steps.
- Three-finger scrub to clear: You can clear a layer instantly by moving three fingers side to side in a scrubbing motion.
- Three-finger swipe to cut/copy/paste: Swipe three fingers down the screen to call up the Copy Paste menu. This menu has a button that allows you to pick either of these options( cut, copy, copy all, duplicate, cut & paste, and paste).
- Four-finger tap for full screen: Tap four fingers on the screen, if you want to work without an interface. This will invoke full-screen mode, where the interface will slide away to give you a clear view of your canvas. Tap four fingers or tap the full screen in the top corner to bring back the interface.
- Draw and hold for QuickShape: You can draw a shape or line and allow QuickShape to snap it into perfection Hold your finger on the canvas and tap with your second finger to snap it into a straight line or perfect version of the shape.
- Precise slider control: Using the slider you can pinpoint a more precise control. Grab the slider, now move your finger away from the sidebar, then drag it up and down. The slider will adjust in a smaller increment, the further your finger gets away from the slider, the finer the control