Do you wish you watch a movie on a bigger screen with your family and friends, or do you want to check out some pictures from your phone file to get a perfect view of them on your LG TV? Then you can always rely on the LG screen share app on your LG smart TV to enjoy this wonderful ambience that comes with spending time with family.
The features that LG TVs come with make it simple to wirelessly screen share video, photo, and audio content from a smartphone or computer with the inbuilt app. With this article, we’ll walk you through how to use LG screen share to screen share your Android and iPhone to your LG smart TV.
You can cast to LG TVs using several methods, including Chromecast, Apple TV, native casting from supported apps, and LG’s Screen Share function. The screen mirroring function that comes standard on all LG smart TVs is known as Screen Share.
It enables you to mirror your phone’s whole screen to TVs connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Instead of just being able to cast video from compatible apps like YouTube or Netflix, this can be useful if you want to see everything that is on your phone or tablet on the big screen.
As previously mentioned, there are several ways to display your phone on an LG TV, including full-screen mirroring with LG Screen Share, content sharing, and native casting for supported apps like Netflix and YouTube.
To share screens on LG TVs and other displays, Android devices require a mirroring function like Miracast, HTC Connect, or Wi-Fi Direct. The more recent LG Smart TVs allow Apple AirPlay 2 to share screens on LG TVs with iPhone.
It’s handy to watch videos on a smartphone or tablet. However, if you have an LG Smart TV, you can view such photographs on the bigger screen of the TV rather than the little screen of your smartphone.
It might not be possible to mirror an iPhone or iPad directly to most LG Smart TVs. However, there are alternatives that you can use; check them below:
The screen mirroring function on various smartphone brands and models may also be known as Display Mirroring, HTC Connect, Miracast, Smart Share for LG or Screen Share, Wi-Fi Direct, and Wireless Display (aka WiDi). Here is how to connect an Android phone to LG Screen Share:
- Open the Home Menu on your LG Smart TV and select Screen Share.
- To choose your LG smart TV from the list of devices, open the Settings app on your smartphone (or click on the screen mirroring symbol), then select Where to Play Media (or a similar option).
- The phone might need a few seconds to recognize the TV.
- The phone (HTC Android) is on the left in the following steps, while the LG TV screen is on the right.
- To start the connection process on your smartphone, click on the LG TV listed.
- The connection status between the phone and the TV will be shown.
- Once the process is completed, the LG TV will show the screen from your tablet or smartphone.
- Keep in mind that the LG TV screen will typically show smartphone content, onscreen menus, and setup options.
- This is how smartphone content that has been mirrored on an LG Smart TV with Screen Share appears.
- If your smartphone has screen mirroring settings, select Disconnect, turn the phone off, switch to a different function on the TV, or turn the TV off to end a screen mirroring session.
- If you use another smartphone feature when content from a certain app is playing, it will stop playing.
That’s it! You have successfully been able to screen share LG Smart TV with an Android phone.
Recommended: How to Screen Share on Discord
Keep in mind that LG Smart TVs from 2018 and before do not support direct screen mirroring from iPhones or iPads. Some 2019 LG TV models (OLED B9, C9, E9, W9, R9, Z9 series and NanoCell SM9X/SM8X, UHD UM7X series) allow screen mirroring directly from iPhones and iPads that support Apple AirPlay 2.
Possible workarounds for LG smart TVs that aren’t AirPlay 2 compatible include:
Apps from Third Parties
A few apps, such as Video and TV Cast, Airbeam, Airmore, and Mirror for LG Smart TV Streamer Cast, enable screen mirroring from an iPhone or iPad to an LG Smart TV.
Third-party screen mirroring applications may also be used with Android smartphones, but LG does not guarantee that they will function on all LG Smart TVs.
Screen Mirroring is Done Indirectly
This involves sending content from an iPhone or iPad to an Apple TV or Chromecast device, which then sends the content to an LG TV using an HDMI cable. An iPhone must run iOS 6 or later to work with Chromecast. An iPhone must run iOS 6 or later to work with Chromecast.
Using the Screen Share App, you may mirror a PC or laptop to an LG TV in addition to smartphones. Follow the steps below:
- On your LG TV, open the Screen Share app.
- Go to Settings >> Devices on your computer.
- A Bluetooth or other device can be added by choosing Bluetooth and Other Devices.
- Select Add a Device (Choose Wireless Display or Dock) in the dialog box that displays.
- After that, select LG TV and await verification.
- Once the connection has been established, check that the projection mode is set to Duplicate so that your PC screen will appear exactly as it does on the LG TV.
- Everything on your PC screen is reflected on the LG Smart TV once the PC processes are finished.
- Select the Disconnect prompt in the little black rectangular box at the very top of the PC screen, switch to a different function on the TV, or turn the TV off to cancel a screen mirroring session.
Another way to use LG Screen Share is to use an HDMI cable to connect a PC to an LG TV.
While LG offers more alternatives via the TV’s Device Connector settings, Screen Share is the most direct way to mirror a smartphone or computer screen on an LG Smart TV.
You are directed to a menu with connection options for all devices, including a smartphone or PC, once you select the Device Connector from the home screen.
In addition to immediate access from the home menu, the LG TV’s Device Connector also provides access to the Screen Share app. The following, which can only be accessible within the Device Connector, concentrates on the Content Share option, whose purpose was previously covered.
Now, you should be family with the LG Screen share with your iPhone and Android can screen share on LG Smart TV without stress using any device of your choice. Enjoy!