Do you love trying out several features on your iPhone or learning new techniques? Then, this article is for you! Here, you will learn the polarizing filter for iPhone 13 Pro. After you have accessed your iPhone camera and made the best use of it, you can check out other accessories that can broaden the proficiency of your gear.
The polarizing filter helps capture darker colours and reduces your photos’ beams, reflections, and fog. The best filter is the one that can rotate to make sure you can control its effect as regards your composition. The circular polarizer mounts faster with a low-profile frame constructed of aerospace aluminium, ensuring your mobile setup doesn’t overburden you.
The results gotten when you use the polarizing filter for iPhone 13 pro are crystal clear and girded with some non-gibberish theory within a short time. Note that this result is not only for landscape photography; you can also view this on your iPhone.
There are polarizer filters for iPhone Xs, Sony, Samsung, Xiaomi, etc. Polarizer filters for iPhone lenses can help eliminate dazzle when using light in dark or bright environments. To learn more about the polarizing filter for iPhone 13 pro, ensure you read to the end of this post.
Features of Polarizing Filter
Polarizer filters for iPhone lenses are sold at very affordable prices. Here are some of its unique features:
- The filter is built for iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max Cameras (especially 0.5x, 1x, and 3x).
- The polarizing filter is designed for LiteChaser Pro iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max Case (requisite for use).
- The filter includes a protective filter case and Defender Mini cover.
- The LiteChaser Pro iPhone 13 filters are not compatible with earlier LiteChaser Pro Cases (such as iPhone 11 and 12).
- The polarizing filter provides Adventure Assurance all through your adventures.
Now that you’ve been provided with the features of the polarizing filter, you need to know the advantages of using a polarizing filter.
Advantages of using a Polarizing Filter
The following are advantages or benefits of using a polarizing filter for iPhone 13 pro:
It reduces haze: The polarizing filter helps to eliminate the haze, which is made up of air particles reflecting light.
It reduces and retrieves highlights: Like all cameras, the smartphone also captures a limited dynamic range of light. The first light the camera offers is the bright sky. The polarizing lens retrieves these details and brings back details into the bright areas.
It includes drama in clouds: Darkening and initiating details in the clouds add drama to the image.
It captures more colour: The sun’s glare is usually white. However, this reflection always produces muted colours. The filter captures darker and more vibrant colours.
It manages or removes reflection: This helps to capture the scene under the reflective water surface and lower reflective skin in the portrait. Have you ever captured a travel photo from a tour bus angle and captured the reflection of the seat in front of you?
It reduces shutter speed: Like the neutral density filter, the polarizing filter allows for less light. It offers you more scope to manually adjust the ISO and shutter speed for creative long exposure results.
It acts as a polarized sunglass: The drama Polarizing Filter functions as a polarized sunglass for your phone. It helps to suppress surface glare and also takes dynamic landscape photography.
That’s all about the advantages of the polarizing filter for iPhone 13 pro.
When Should you not use a Polarizing Filter?
Before using the polarizing filter, note that it helps reduce the volume of light reaching your camera’s sensor by as much as two or three f-stops. Therefore, the suggested time you should not use a polarizing filter is during low-light situations. Such times include during blue hour, when you are shooting at night, or when capturing the Aurora Borealis.
What to know before using the polarizing filter for iPhone 13 pro
The following are essential guidelines to take note of while using the polarizing filter for iPhone 13 Pro:
- Polarizing filters only allow a particular angle of light to pass through the lens.
- The adapted glasses are coated and have very tiny slits in them that delineate light that travels horizontally across them and only passes light that travels vertically via them.
- The polarizing filter can be likened to a comb having vertical teeth.
- These tiny slits only allow vertical light waves to pass through it (card held on its side) and block out all other wavelengths that try to come in from all other directions.
- Always capture at a 90-degree angle to the sun for best results.
After getting accustomed to the guidelines listed above, you can proceed to the process of using the polarizing filter for iPhone 13 Pro.
How to use the Polarizing Filter for iPhone 13 Pro
The polarizing filter should be one of the important content in your bag of smartphone photography accessories. It’s also important to note that there is no editing replacement for using the filter at the shoot, even if you love the mobile photo editing to re-establish the actual intention, look, and feeling in a particular image.
Using a smartphone as a camera is very convenient once you have your tripod, a wide-angle lens, and the polarizing lens, which is the main accessory. This type of system leaves a fascinating aura as it gives the whole process a lot of contiguities.
- To capture at a 90-degree angle, hold your hand out flat with your thumb extended, producing an L shape.
- Point your fingers at the sun or light source and note where your thumb is pointing.
- The neutral density filter added to the NiSi Prosories kit is a better choice if you shoot directly at the light source or at night.
- Rotate the polarizing filter to increase or reduce the effect.
- Switch between portrait and landscape orientation by rotating the filter.
- Try step-by-step spinning of the filter (there’s no need to try the full effect).
- Please don’t leave the filter on your iPhone 13 pro because it reduces the amount of light entering the camera.
That’s all about how to use the polarizing filter for iPhone 13 Pro.
The polarizing filter is magical and worth every little investment you make to get yourself one of these units so that you can take your smartphone photography to the next level.
Do you love taking creative pictures on your smartphone or want to create images you feel can only work on an SLR? Then, I’m sure this article must have answered the question of how you can go about a polarizing filter for iPhone 13 Pro.