Did you get a new iPhone 13 Pro Max, or did you update your previous iPhone? If yes, this article is for you as you will unravel several iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks that will enhance maximum usage of your device.
Note that your iPhone has to be running in iOS 15 before you can access all the fantastic features highlighted in this post’s latter section.
The outlined iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks will surely boost your productivity once you use your iPhone. In case you are new to the iPhone series, you get tips for beginners that will allow you to exploit different unique features.
Check out the cool features of the iPhone 13 Pro Max and some of the best iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks that can help you master your new smartphone.
Cool Features of iPhone 13 Pro Max
If you just got a new iPhone 13 Pro Max, or this is your first iPhone model, you will be a beginner and wonder what features have been designed in your new device. Look no further because below are some of the cool features to expect to see on your new device:
- Announce notifications on AirPods.
- Bring the old Safari back.
- Bundle less-important notifications.
- Stop random apps from tracking you.
- See which apps access what data.
- Disable the HDR video.
- Double tapping the back of your phone can screenshot.
- You can use live text.
- Live text in a screenshot.
- Focus mode.
- Beautiful Cinematic mode.
- 120Hz Promotion Display.
- You can record in 4k 60fps.
- New Macro mode.
- Dual eSIM.
- Sensor-Shift Stabilization.
- It allows you to create your photographic style.
- You can change the music on your Photos memories.
- Trackpad Keyboard.
All these and more are the cool features of the iPhone 13 Pro Max. iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks.
iPhone 13 tips for Beginners
Are you a new iPhone user? If yes, you are welcome to a world of adventure and exploitation. The iPhone has several features and tools that can help you in your everyday life schedule. However, to enjoy these features to the fullest, you need to know how to use the tools, or else you will miss a lot. Here are iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks.
Getting started with iPhone is relatively easy, and here are some tips for iPhone beginners that will help you master your iPhone in no time:
- Ask Siri for suggestions.
- Share content using Siri.
- Customize the Safari start page.
- Change your Safari design.
- Boost your Privacy With iCloud Relay and Hide My Email.
- Auto-Schedule Low Power Mode to Save Battery.
- Check your iPhone warranty.
- Get more control over Macro mode (Pro Models).
- Mute or decline incoming calls.
- Skip to the top of a page.
- Open the Camera in a flash.
- You can customize your Home screen pages.
- Type a period quickly.
- Schedule notifications.
- Save two-factor Authentication codes in passwords.
- Use the Search feature on your iPhone.
- Switch Apps with the Home Bar.
- Open the App Switcher (and close Apps).
This is all we feel an iPhone beginner should know, and I hope you get accustomed to these tips so you can explore as many features as possible. Check out more iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks below.
How to use iPhone 13 Pro Max
If you just got an iPhone 13 Pro Max and are wondering how to get started with it. iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks. Here are steps on how to use iPhone 13 Pro Max
Turn on and Set up iPhone.
The first thing you do when you purchase a new device is to power it on and set up the new iPhone over a reliable internet connection or by connecting it to your computer. If your old device was another iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device, you could transfer your data to your new iPhone. Follow the steps below:
- Long-Press on the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) until the Apple logo appears.
- You might need to charge the battery entirely if your iPhone doesn’t turn on.
- Click on Set Up Manually, and follow the onscreen setup instructions.
- You can also use Quick Start to set up your new device automatically.
- To transfer data from an old phone to your new device, close the two devices together and follow the onscreen instructions to securely duplicate many of your settings, preferences, and iCloud Keychain.
- You can restore the remaining data and content to your new device from your iCloud backup.
That’s it! You have successfully turned on and set up your iPhone 13 Pro max. iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks are essential to note.
Learn gestures for iPhone models with Face ID
If your iPhone model has the Face ID feature, you need to master the gestures for iPhone models with Face ID. Below is a handy reference to your gestures when connecting with an iPhone with Face ID.
- Navigate to Home by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen to go back to the Home Screen at any time.
- Access the controls quickly by swiping down from the top-right corner to open the Control Center; press and hold the control to show more options.
- To add or remove controls, go to Settings >> Control Center.
- Open the App Switcher by swiping up from the bottom edge, pause at the center of the screen, then raise your finger.
- To browse the open apps, swipe right, then click on the app you want to use.
- To switch between open apps, swipe right or left along the bottom edge of the screen to switch between open apps.
- You can also ask Siri by simply saying, “Hey Siri,” or press down the side button and make your request; Siri listens until you release the button.
- Use Apple Pay by double-clicking the side button to display your default credit card, then peep at your iPhone to authenticate with Face ID.
- To use the Accessibility Shortcut, triple-click on the side button.
- To take a screenshot, press and quickly release the side and volume up buttons concurrently.
- You can use the Emergency SOS (includes all countries or regions except India) by long-pressing on the side button and either volume button until the sliders appear, then drag Emergency SOS.
- If you need to use the Emergency SOS (in India), you can triple-click the side button.
- In case you already enabled Accessibility Shortcut, simultaneously press and hold the side button and either volume button until the sliders appear, then drag Emergency SOS.
iPhone camera basics
To learn how to take pictures with the Camera on your iPhone, you must select from camera modes like Photo, Video, Cinematic, Pano, and Portrait, and zoom in or out to accurately frame your shot.
- To open the Camera, swipe left on the iPhone Lock Screen or click Camera on the iPhone Home Screen.
- For your security, a green dot will be displayed in the top-right corner of the screen once the Camera is in use.
- To take a photo or video, click on the Shutter button, or press either volume button to take photo.
- If you are in the photo mode and need to take a video touch, press and hold the Shutter bi=utton to record a QuickTake video (For iPhone 11 and later versions).
- You can use the Ultra Wide camera to take macro photos and videos on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max. Open the Camera, then move close (as close as 2 cm) to the subject; the Camera will automatically stay focused.
- If you need to Zoom in or out on all models, open Camera and tweak the screen to zoom in or out.
- If your iPhone model has Dual and Triple camera systems, switch between 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 2.5x, and 3x to zoom in or out quickly (depending on your model). To get an exact zoom, press and hold the zoom controls, then drag the slider right or left.
That’s it! iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks.
MagSafe chargers and battery packs for iPhone
You can charge your iPhone with the MagSafe charger. You must connect the MagSafe Charger to power via the Apple 20W USB-C power adapter or another compatible power adapter (usually sold separately).
The MagSafe Battery Pack magnetically attaches to iPhone 12 and later models and extends the battery life. If you have the iPhone Leather Wallet attached, ensure you remove it before placing MagSafe Battery Pack. Follow the steps below:
- Charge your iPhone on the go by placing the MagSafe Battery Pack on the back of the iPhone or its MagSafe case or sleeve, and the charging symbol will appear once iPhone begins charging.
- For iPhone 12 and later models, you can place a MagSafe Charger on the back of the iPhone or its MagSafe case or sleeve, and the charging symbol appears when iPhone starts charging.
- For other iPhone models, place iPhone (supported models) face up on the center of the MagSafe Charger; once the iPhone has appropriately aligned with the charger, it will appear in the status bar.
New Features on iOS 15
The following are the features you will enjoy once your device has been upgraded to iOS15:
- SharePlay (iOS 15.1)
- Focus (This automatically filters notifications based on what you are doing).
- Live Texts
- Visual Lookup
iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks
Here’s a list of the best iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks you should take note:
- You can purchase a 20W USB-C Power Adapter: since the iPhone 13 Pro Max doesn’t come with a charging adapter in the box, you only have a USB-C to Lightning cable. The USB-C charger allows your iPhone to charge faster (about 50% in about half an hour).
- FaceTime Eye Contact: FaceTime HD can be complemented on the iPhone 13 Pro Max with eye contact to enhance your experience with FaceTime video calls.
- FaceTime HD Calls: 5G can perform FaceTime video calls in 1080p HD on your iPhone 13 Pro Max. You can turn this feature on by navigating to Settings >> Cellular >> Data Mode and choosing to Allow More Data on 5G to FaceTime in HD over 5G, or you could just use WiFi to perform FaceTime HD calls.
- Get a MagSafe Charger: The iPhone 13 Pro Max has a magnetic area behind the device called MagSafe. MagSafe is a better version of Qi as the magnets auto-align with the case. With the secured magnetic attachment, Apple allows up to 15-watt charging for MagSafe chargers. However, the USB-C cable is still the fastest of them all.
- Install iOS updates over 5G: The 5G connectivity on iPhone 13 Pro Max opens the ability to download iOS updates over 5G. You can turn this feature to Settings >> Cellular >> Data Mode and choose to Allow More Data on 5G.
- Manage Smart Data Mode: 5G is excellent, but it can also reduce your iPhone’s battery life. To fix this, Apple has included the Smart Data Mode feature on iPhone 13 Pro Max, a functionality that switches between 5G and 4G depending on the network activity. To enable Smart Data Mode on your iPhone 13 Pro Max, go to Settings >> Cellular >> Voice & Data. Choose 5G Auto to enable Smart Data Mode or 5G On to turn off the functionality.
- Night mode for all Cameras: All iPhone 13 Pro Max camera sensors are designed with the Night mode feature. This allows you to take Night mode shots via the telephoto and the ultra-wide Camera in low-light scenarios.
- Restrict 5G: The Low Data Mode can reduce WiFi and cellular-data usage by pausing automatic updates and background tasks on your iPhone 12 Pro Max. Go to Settings >> Battery to turn it on, or you can turn the Low Data Mode on from the Control Center.
- Share items with Siri: One of the best features of the iPhone 13 Pro Max is the ability to share items onscreen, like content from Apple Music or Apple podcasts, photos, web pages, Apple News stories, Maps locations, and more. For instance, just say, “Send this to Filipe,” and Siri will send it.
- Understand 5G Icons: The iPhone 13 Pro Max has an improved 5G connectivity over the iPhone 12. This feature allows for incredible download and upload speeds of about 4.0 Gbps and 200 Mbps, respectively.
- Use iCloud Private Relay: Once the Private Relay has been enabled, your browsing activity in Safari will be routed via two internet “hops,” or relays. Your data will be encrypted and sent to Apple, so your ISP can’t see any of your web browsing requests. Note that this feature is only available for paid iCloud users. To enable this feature, go to Settings >> iCloud >> Private Relay Menu.
- View Image Metadata: The iPhone 13 Pro Max Photos app has many useful features with the new iOS 15 software update. It can display the image metadata or EXIF data for photos shot and saved on your iPhone. To do this, launch the Photos app and click on the photo you want to view the metadata for. Then, tap on the info ‘i’ button to view the Camera used, lens type, focal length, shutter speed, image resolution, file size, location, and more.
These iPhone 13 Pro Max tips and tricks will surely help to improve your productivity levels once you begin using your iPhone.