One of the major sources of entertainment in the world today is the television set and this is why it is important to know how to solve problems with your television- in this case, we want to look at how to fix power button not working on Samsung smart tv.
Over time, television has evolved from being a black box that projects our favorite shows, to a much better system that we can connect to external sources of entertainment, and now, some televisions can even be connected to the internet.
This advancement in technology will remain a pleasant surprise, for years to come. This is because up until a decade ago if anybody had said there would be TVs that can access the internet and behave like a phone, nobody would believe it. But today, they are in existence. And they are wonderful.
These television types are called smart TVs. Smart tv became popular in the past decade, and since then, it has become a great source of entertainment for people who own it and a greater source of wonderment for people who don’t.
There are many manufacturers of smart TVs today: Samsung, LG, Sony, and Hisense amongst others.
This article wants to talk about the Samsung smart TVs and specifically help you solve the problem of how to fix power button not working on Samsung smart tv.
If you are here, it means you want to troubleshoot power button not working on Samsung smart Tv. or perhaps you are a curious person interested in knowing about gadgets and how to manage them.
Either way, I welcome and encourage you to keep reading the article so that together, we can figure out power button not working on Samsung smart tv and how to dissect the problem.
What is a Smart TV?
A smart tv is a television set that is made to have internet integration and the ability to access the web. It integrates a platform that enables you to enjoy access to online-based entertainment platforms without the need to connect to any other external box.
As the name implies, a smart tv will have almost the same features as a smartphone. Some smart TVs are even advanced to the point where you can log on to your social media accounts, and interact comfortably as you would do on your phone.
More people are moving towards the idea of a smart tv because if you can look past its pricing, it is a much sleeker view to watch your favorite sports channels and tv stations.
How does a Samsung Smart TV work?
The Samsung smart tv works by connecting to the internet access used in an environment, using the same internet access that is used by phones or computers.
The smart tv can use a Wi-Fi, broadband router, or ethernet. Once you connect to the internet and log into your tv, you are ready for a world of enjoyment.
Features that come with a Smart TV
Before we move to troubleshooting power button not working on samsung smart tv, you may want to know about some of the features you will find in a samsung smart tv.
Unlike the normal television that can only be connected to subscription-based decoders and the basic tv stations that come with the television, smart TVs are made to feature a wide array of apps like:
- Netflix, YouTube, YouTube tv, Disney plus, web search, Hulu, Spotify and so much more. Social media platforms and apps like Facebook can also be found on smart TVs.
- They are great for external gaming: the gaming experience on a smart tv cannot be compared in any way, to that of a normal tv. The smart tv gives you the perfect screen resolutions to make you enjoy your gaming experience to the best level possible. So with power button not working on Samsung smart tv, you are denied this unless you find a solution as quickly as possible.
- Some smart TVs also provide access to internal gaming services and an option to share content from your computer to your tv.
- Screen sharing and Samsung smart view.
- You can send content from your smart tv to your smartphone.
- You can also share content from your smartphone to your smart tv.
When you have all these features on a TV, it is easy to become frustrated when an issue like power button not working on Samsung smart tv is going on. But it is always important to stay calm in cases like this, so as not to make a mistake with the troubleshooting.
Troubleshoot Power Putton not working on Samsung Smart TV
Before taking your Tv to a repairer, try these steps first. The problem with the power button maybe just a tiny issue that can be resolved at home.
- Confirm that none of the buttons on the remote are physically damaged and make sure the remote is fine too.
- Make sure the power source is connected properly.
- Make sure the power source is stable and not fluctuating or tripping off.
- Confirm that no power surge may have caused the issue.
How to Solve Power Button not Working on Samsung Smart TV
To fix power button not working on Samsung smart tv, here are some of the methods you can try:
- Unplug all TV connections from power sources.
- Properly examine the connections, to rule out possible damage to power sources.
- Plug the connections back in, and try your power button again- sometimes gadgets need some time off from working and may decide to shut down after too much overload.
- Try a different plugin.
- Hold down the power button for ten seconds.
- If the problem persists, consult the services of a professional.
What does the Power Button on Samsung Smart TV look like?
Some of the TVs in recent times are touch screens and this means they have their power buttons on the surface of the screen. Locate the icon with the power button and tap on it to power on your tv. Other television sets will have the power on/off feature as buttons on and around the television set.
What to consider when Shopping for a Samsung Smart TV
The decision to buy a smart tv is an important one that should not be taken lightly. There are factors you must consider before picking out the smart tv that you want. carefully picking out a good tv will prevent issues like power button not working on Samsung’s smart tv.
Take a look at the following checklist that determines you get the Samsung tv of your choice and avoid any issues like power button not working on Samsung smart tv.
- Budget: it should go without saying but the first thing you must consider before choosing any item at all, is how much money you are willing to spend on that item. Smart TVs are quite pricey so you must be sure that you are willing to spend that much money on a gadget. In general, Samsung products are pricey but we all agree that the brand makes very great and durable gadgets. A Samsung smart tv is a great choice if you can afford it.
- Screen size: While a large number of people like big screen sizes, others do not mind screen sizes that are not so big. Another factor to consider when choosing screen sizes is that bigger screens attract much more money than smaller screens. So refer to your budget while trying to make this decision.
- Screen resolution: screen resolution determines how clear, bright and reality-like, the screen is. The better the resolution, the more money you may need to pay.
- Internet access: the truth is that smart TVs can only be properly enjoyed with constant access to the internet. Before getting a smart tv, factor in the cost of a monthly data subscription.
Finally, when you have a smart tv, you should take care to make sure your tv is protected from external power surges that may be harmful to the circuit. Smart TVs are expensive to buy and expensive to fix too, so power button not working on Samsung smart tv is a problem that should be avoided as much as possible.