Starz App may not be working on your Samsung smart TV due to some issues your device may have developed or it could be that you are connected to a poor internet network. In case your Starz App has an issue, follow through the steps below to fix the issue. In this article, you will be learning the different fixes on how to activate Starz not working on Samsung smart TV.
Are you having issues with your Samsung smart TV apps not working or not loading or apps freezing or blank screen? You can fix them easily with the different troubleshooting tips listed in this post. You could fix them by power resetting, unplugging the power cable and resting networks, updating software, and other methods. Fix Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV here.
Your Samsung TV Plus channels may not come up if the Samsung TV’s cache is corrupt. Besides, corrupt network settings or outdated firmware of the TV may also be the cause of the problem. This issue usually arises when a user tries to watch a Samsung TV Plus channel on his TV but the channel is not showing or a blank screen is displayed.
You can get Starz to work on your Samsung smart TV by trying the solutions discussed below but before that, ensure your network is working fine or try another network with your Samsung smart TV. In case you are using a network protection application (like Pi-Hole), then check if excluding the Samsung TV Plus addresses in the Starz application solves the problem. Fix Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV.
The Samsung Smart Hub is an app already installed on your Samsung Smart TV. It allows you to install other apps, like the Starz app, stream music and movies, and even watch live TV. In case Starz App is not working on your Samsung Smart TV, consider updating your TV’s software. You can also try deleting and downloading the app again. If all these don’t work, the last resort should be to do a complete reset of the Smart Hub. Just like most software, sometimes it doesn’t work correctly. This guide will help you resolve issues of Starz activation not working on Samsung smart TV.
Fix Starz Activate not Working On Samsung smart TV
The common problems related to Apps not working on Samsung smart TV are quite many, but in the article, we’d be discussing the majority of the problems and easy ways to fix them. Fix Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV. Follow-through below:
- Getting an “expired OTT token error message”
- Stuck on a black/blank/white screen
- App freezing, not loading, missing or crashing
Getting an “expired OTT token error message”
Reinstalling the Starz app will usually fix this problem but in case it doesn’t, try the step below to cancel getting the error message:
- Navigate to the Apps page on your Samsung smart TV.
- Click NOW and hold the remote button down until a window page appears.
- Select Reinstall.
I hope it worked!
Stuck on a black/blank/white screen
This problem seems common to selected models of Samsung smart TV. Most times, when you open an app, you will see a black screen for a few seconds, and then the application will crash with or without prior notice. Here are a few ways to fix this problem:
- Click on the Exit button on your Samsung smart TV remote to close the app.
- When you reopen it, the Starz app will launch as normal.
- Sometimes, it might be a temporary loading issue. Press the recent applications menu (usually the first left button) on your phone.
- Close the Starz app and open the app again. It may work normally.
- Try a Hard reboot on your Android mobile.
- Long press on the “Home” and “Power” buttons altogether for about 10 seconds.
- Release the buttons and hold down the “Power” button until the screen comes up.
- Now, try opening the app, it may work just fine
- In case none of the above worked, wait till your phone battery goes off automatically.
- Then put it to charge, and press the power button. It may work after this.
- Finally, if you can’t still fix it, you need to uninstall the Starz app and re-install it again. You can check if this fixes it.
- In some occasional cases, the re-install step also doesn’t work. If that is your case, try installing older versions of the Starz app. All the best!
App freezing, not loading, missing or crashing
Samsung Smart TVs are usually loaded with so many popular apps like Netflix, YouTube, Xfinity, Starz, Hulu, Amazon, and HBO Max. In case the Starz app is freezing, not loading, missing, or crashing, you should try the following:
- Cold boot the Samsung smart TV.
- Update the Samsung smart TV’s software.
- Delete the Starz app from the Samsung smart TV and download it again.
- Reset Smart Hub on your Samsung smart TV.
Fix Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV here.
How to Cold boot your Samsung smart TV
Cold booting your TV is a bit different from simply turning it off and back on. When you switch it off, it’s already on standby. A cold boot shuts the TV down and reboots it, similar to restarting a laptop. This can solve the issue of Starz activation not working on Samsung smart TV. Note that there are two ways to cold boot your TV which include with Remote control or with plug. Follow these steps:
With the Remote:
- Long press on the Power button on the Samsung smart TV remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should take about 5 seconds.
With the Plug:
- In case your remote is spoilt, or low on battery.
- Remove your Samsung smart TV from the wall outlet or surge protector.
- Leave it unplugged for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in afterward.
- In case you turn off a surge protector with other devices plugged into it (like your router), wait for a few minutes to power it up and reconnect before trying any functions on your TV.
The advantage of cold booting is that it can solve multiple problems like app freezes, glitches, crashing, and not loading. You can also fix other problems like pictures and menu issues with a simple reboot.
Update the Samsung smart TV’s software
It is important to update the software to fix Starz app freezes and glitches. In case the app is not compatible with the current software, it could cause issues. To update, follow the steps below:
- On your TV, go to Settings >> Support >> Software Update.
- Click Update Now and press Enter.
- If an update is available, it will automatically install and the TV will reboot itself.
Not all Samsung smart TVs are easy to update. If your device is from the 2012 series, updates may be unavailable or the instructions may not be compatible with the present ones. If this is the case, it’s important to update the device using a USB-Stick manually.
Delete the Starz app from the Samsung TV and download it again
Deleting the Starz App and downloading it again can help fix the issue of Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV. Follow these steps below:
- Delete the Starz app.
- Go to and tap on Apps, then select the Settings icon.
- Go to the Starz app and click Delete.
- Download the Starz app again.
- Tap on Return on the remote control and select the Search icon at the top right corner.
- Enter the name of the app (Starz App).
- Select the app and click on Install.
- Open the Starz app and try again.
- Check if you are still having the same issue with the Starz app.
This should fix the problem of Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV, but in case it doesn’t, try the next fix below.
Reset Smart Hub on your Samsung smart TV
The Samsung Smart Hub is an app already installed on your TV. It allows you to install other apps, like the Starz app, stream music and movies, and even watch live TV. Follow these steps below to reset the smart hub on your Samsung smart TV:
- Compile the login information of your Starz app.
- While resetting Smart Hub, sign out of your Samsung Account and all other apps, (not just the one you’re having trouble with).
- Ensure you have the latest login information for all of your accounts before you begin. (If you need this information, visit the app developer’s website).
- In case you need your Samsung account information, visit Samsung Account Support.
- Reset Smart Hub by going to Settings >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Reset Smart Hub.
- Enter your Samsung smart TV’s PIN.
- The default PIN is 0000. (In case you changed your TV PIN before, enter your PIN to start the reset process).
- After the initial launch process, try the Starz app again.
- Note that it might be required for you to download the app again after the reset.
Are you still having issues with the Starz app after completing the Smart Hub reset, then reach out to the app developer to see if they are aware of the issue? Most times a fix is likely to be available soon. Fix Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV.
Reset the Starz app
One app could be causing a whole lot of issues. The case is common to most streaming apps like YouTube. All 2012 and earlier Samsung smart TV models have the YouTube Flash App. When Flash became outdated, Google removed the app which means you can’t use it anymore. Fix Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV. The latest models came loaded with the YouTube app programmed in HTML5. Samsung’s M models use HTML5 as the main development platform for Smart TV apps. Here are steps to reset Starz apps on Samsung Smart TV:
- Navigate to Smart Hub.
- Choose Samsung Apps.
- Search for Starz app.
- Select the Starz app.
- Delete and reinstall the Starz app.
- Tap the arrow button above the Starz app icon. A little menu will open with a delete option.
After reinstallation, restart your Samsung Smart TV and launch the Starz app, then you are good t go.
Check your Internet connection
Most times, the apps that do not seem to work on the Samsung Smart TV are the streaming apps like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon and sometimes Starz is notorious. Some of these apps will only give you optimum performance only when you have a stable and fast internet connection. In case your Samsung Smart TV streams videos in 4K Ultra, you will need a high-speed connection.
The connections also get affected by many factors in contrast to cable connections. Another way, consider upgrading your internet plan to a higher speed. Fix Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV.
Close and Open App not loading
Closing and opening the Starz app may fix your issue no matter how simple it may sound. Try the following steps below:
- Switch on your TV.
- Open the Starz app which is not loading.
- Close the Starz application.
- Close all background applications running.
- Re-launch the Starz app and see if it’s working or not.
In case this solution doesn’t work, go ahead and follow the other solutions below.
Do a Power Cycle Reset
This is quite easy but it’s worth giving a try. Follow the easy steps below:
- Remove your router or modem and wait for about 10 mins then restart both.
- Also, unplug the TV power cable from the socket and long press on the TV set power switch for 10 seconds.
- Restart the TV after waiting for 10 mins.
That’s it, this should work.
Switch DNS Server
Try these steps below to change the DNS server:
- Tap the menu button on your remote control.
- Navigate to Network >> Network status >>IP settings.
- Change DNS Server to either: 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124
- Reverse your router IP address for the TV i.e 192.168.1.14.
- Enable DMZ on your router settings for the TV, IP address you just reserved.
This should solve the Starz activation not working on Samsung smart TV issue.
Clear Cache Data
Fix Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV by clearing cache which particularly removes temporary files that help to free up needed space. Clear by cache data by:
- Go to your device Settings menu or go to the manage installed applications and clear cache and data for all individual applications or specifically for the app which is not loading.
- By clearing cache and clearing data, the Starz app will start working fine as normal on your Samsung smart TV.
I want to believe all your issues regarding Starz activate not working on Samsung smart TV has been solved. Click here to read more on how to activate Starz on Samsung smart TV and also do well to follow our posts back to back for every one of your gadgets issues you may encounter in the future.